Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 04:39 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,465,734 times

Advertisements

DERRY, N.H. (AP) — Republican Rudy Giuliani said Thursday that people should "leave my family alone" when asked by a New Hampshire woman why the presidential candidate should expect loyalty from voters when he doesn't get it from his children.

Giuliani has a daughter who has indicated support for Democrat Barack Obama and a son who said they didn't speak for some time. His ugly divorce from their mother, Donna Hanover, was waged publicly while Giuliani was mayor of New York. Giuliani has since remarried.

Giuliani: 'Leave my family alone' - USATODAY.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2007, 09:50 AM

320 posts, read 295,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
DERRY, N.H. (AP) — Republican Rudy Giuliani said Thursday that people should "leave my family alone" when asked by a New Hampshire woman why the presidential candidate should expect loyalty from voters when he doesn't get it from his children.

Giuliani has a daughter who has indicated support for Democrat Barack Obama and a son who said they didn't speak for some time. His ugly divorce from their mother, Donna Hanover, was waged publicly while Giuliani was mayor of New York. Giuliani has since remarried.

Rudy seems more like the typical family than, say, fake Romney.

Old 08-18-2007, 10:51 AM

1,463 posts, read 6,209,867 times
What a clown, 3 wives and his kids can't stand him...What does that tell you about his personality? Maybe he needs to clarify which family and which wife should be left alone? You need more qualifications other than standing on a pile of rubble and proclaiming yourself "expert" on terrorism.....

Old 08-18-2007, 12:49 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,144,006 times
Does Rudy mean stop criticizing his family? Then he should not mention any of them in his speeches or have them with him on the stump. If you use them for props to help the campaign, then they are reasonable subjects for our attention. Plus, is he that embarrassed about his personal life?

Old 08-18-2007, 04:00 PM

660 posts, read 2,437,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post

nobodys criticizing his family there just trying to find out why he should be president when his own family doesnt even support him

Old 08-19-2007, 01:03 PM

264 posts, read 693,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby_firefly View Post
nobodys criticizing his family there just trying to find out why he should be president when his own family doesnt even support him
Is it fair to assume that all of Rudy's problems with his family are his fault alone? Isn't it possible that some of the other Giulanis (or Hanovers) have something to do with these problems?

Old 08-19-2007, 01:19 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,408,666 times
There is an interesting article about Judi! in Vanity Fair this month.

Old 08-19-2007, 01:33 PM

68,297 posts, read 54,140,357 times
Rudy should wake up to reality and understand that good, bad, or indifferent, anyone who decides to run for POTUS will have no part of his/her personal life considered off-limits. If he finds that unacceptable he should just continue along with the little financial empire he's created based on his 9/11 theatrics.

Old 08-19-2007, 01:44 PM

5,762 posts, read 11,608,376 times
If Rudy's own kids want to speak with the media, that's their choice. He can't stop them.

Old 08-19-2007, 02:08 PM

320 posts, read 295,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
If Rudy's own kids want to speak with the media, that's their choice. He can't stop them.
I'll respect a candidate with children who will openly disagree with their political parents. Case in point, I think Mitt Romney is a phony. Did anyone see how he had all his children, grandchildren and wife come on the stage after a debate? It was obviously a "scripted" moment and, judging by the applause and near silence, did not impress many Republicans in the audience.

Is anyone else getting tired of this "I have a large, loving family, thus I am entitled to be your next President" crap?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections