U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won the debate in your honest opinion?...
Michelle Bachmann 6 9.23%
Herman Cain 3 4.62%
Newt Gingrich 3 4.62%
Jon Huntsman 4 6.15%
Ron Paul 25 38.46%
Rick Perry 4 6.15%
Mitt Romney 18 27.69%
Rick Santorum 2 3.08%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 08:06 PM

12,870 posts, read 13,109,624 times

Advertisements

it will be interesting to see responses to this debate because they all pretty much solidified their positions on the issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 08:06 PM

8,758 posts, read 8,844,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
for me, the biggest debate loser tonight was rick perry, because of his pro illegal stance.

at least he was honest, but i still don't like it.

i still want santorum to drop out, as he is annoying the heck out of me. (although he gave a good answer on the school shots issue). i think santorum is more popular with the military wing of the republican party and more popular with men than women.

I think Santorum makes good points, but he isn't going anywhere. Perry irritates the heck out of me.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:08 PM

8,758 posts, read 8,844,209 times
The left wing media is really hoping for Perry...it is so obvious. Republicans better look out.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:10 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,496,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
It'll be interesting to see how Huntsman does after last week's debate.
He should be gone real soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Huntsman was looking strong and I bet he will do well again tonight. He is well spoken, intelligent, and sane. Things that do not score points with the fox/far right brainwashed loons.
He's a dem-lite. You can have him......but of course, if he were running against obama, you'd vote for obama anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychofan View Post
I'm still trying to comprehend how exactly "Obamacare" is playing any role in the current economy and 'killing' jobs especially since most of the provisions such as requiring health insurance be provided to part-timers, etc. have not even been implemented and would not for a couple more years
The coming regulations and TAXES from obamacare is creating anxiety and consternation in the business community. They have no idea how much it will cost them. It is the driving force of why business is not hiring, apart from the lack of demand from consumers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
rick perry just said he was open borders
No, he didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
ron paul getting booed at a tea party event is the verifiable proof that the tea party is hijacked by palin, beck, fox news and hannity.
No, we just don't like the blame America meme, which usually resides on the Left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
It's the face of the tea baggers / most of the republican party. The candidates spew "repeal Obamacare!" the crowd goes into a fury of applause. Ron Paul speaks common sense, he gets booed. This is what the right wing propaganda does,...
To you he speaks common sense, but to the nation he talks crazy. You see, the Left is a fringe minority in the population and all this talk of blaming America for 9/11 belongs right there...on the Left. I can understand why you like him. But as with Huntsman, if he were up against obama in the general, I have no doubt who you'd vote for.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I think Santorum makes good points, but he isn't going anywhere. Perry irritates the heck out of me.
santorum would spend every single penny that americans made fighting "enemies" around the world.

that doesn't work for me.

i liked that paul talked about "defense" spending as opposed to "military" spending.

if you left it up to men like santorum, the earth would be a smoking crater.

maybe that is why there are women on the earth.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:12 PM

2,127 posts, read 1,680,971 times
It turns out any kind of historical contextualization or actual geopolitical knowledge is just a "blame America meme". You heard it here first, folks. If you don't just repeat "THEY HATE US FOR OUR FREEDOMS," like Santorum did, you're basically a traitor.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:13 PM

865 posts, read 572,115 times
LOL @ Santorum trying to pull a Guliani on Ron Paul. Santorum doesn't grasp the concept of blowback, and yet, he's a pretender on that stage. I bet our conflict with Afghanistan started on 9/11, according to Rick.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
It turns out any kind of historical contextualization or actual geopolitical knowledge is just a "blame America meme". You heard it here first, folks. If you don't just repeat "THEY HATE US FOR OUR FREEDOMS," like Santorum did, you're basically a traitor.
i bet if we left, they would go back to hating each other.

they have their share of problems in the mideast and we don't need to keep getting sucked into them.

look at the jackass libya action. the rebels are just as bad as the people they are replacing, according to eyewitness reports.

i saw an interesting (although surprising) report from goldman sachs that they expect america to be the world's top oil producer going forward.

if true, that would certainly be good news for america.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:16 PM

"Well, you see, we actually did a lot of things in Afghanistan that influenced their opinions of us"

STOP BLAMING AMERICA FIRST

"I'm not blaming America, I'm just saying, our actions in other nations ha-"

ANTI-AMERICAN *******

"Guys..I started the Tea Party...remember? It's me ...Ron Paul..."

BOO THIS MAN

Old 09-12-2011, 08:17 PM

It was like conservative C-D posters...in real life....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or