Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 08:50 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,804,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Sure it can. How can it not? Give an example.
If I had an example, I wouldn't be saying... it can't exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 08:51 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,313,769 times
does it matter what party they can relate to? Really? Anyone that can applaud executions are a few french fries short of a happy meal, exspecially in a state that routine kills the wrong person! I bet if it were someone that they loved and was wrongly killed it would be a different story!

Old 09-13-2011, 09:01 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,945,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
If I had an example, I wouldn't be saying... it can't exist.
How can it not exist? I asked you to give an example of where you think it fails, and so therefore can not exist. If you can not identify where it can fail, then you have no argument that it can not exist.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:06 AM

23,957 posts, read 15,059,733 times
I'm going to read Bonhoeffer again. We all need to.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:07 AM

Quote:
How can it not exist? I asked you to give an example of where you think it fails, and so therefore can not exist. If you can not identify where it can fail, then you have no argument that it can not exist.
Everywhere. It is natural to seek control within a society. It is why you can't find the kind of world you speak of.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:12 AM

5,984 posts, read 13,406,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Oh, well please forgive me! I've only posted on this forum for three years and in that time read some of the most despicable things said about any president in my lifetime--while you guys wrap yourselves in the flag and self righteously call yourselves true Americans while maligning everyone else as being unpatriotic, claiming the president hates the country, that he is a muslim that he supports terrorists and wants to destroy America.

But I guess it's just because you simply "disagree" with his policies. Right. Many of you hate way more than his policies, You hate the person himself. That's plain for us to see, And that is what's despicable and why I would have to violate my conscience to vote for anyone that you guys support.
I've noticed that, and I think it all boils down to good-old-fashioned racism. Yes, I know saying that will ruffle a few feathers, but it is true. Obama would never get this kind of abuse if he were white.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:15 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Where did they get the number "6" for the letter D? In Numerology "D" is number 4.
60s? you are giving your age away. I bet it was 68 and you were maybe 2 or 3 years old?

Old 09-13-2011, 09:34 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,113,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
She wouldn't vote for him either. She'll probably vote for Ron Paul who supported her father who in turn supported him.
What is the problem here. It is as plain as the nose on anyone's face. She stated it rather bluntly. Here...

Quote:
Ironically, the one man on stage who did comport himself with dignity, John Huntsman, is now being dismissed as having not made an impact. The moment he brought the discussion back from airport security to the sweeping poverty and economic panic that is gripping this country was, I thought, profound. It was something my father would have done. But that moment isn't making the news. The zingers like Perry's Ponzi-scheme comment, in reference to Social Security, are getting more attention. Maybe the candidates should have wandered over to my father's gravesite before going on stage. Maybe they should have lingered over the words carved in stone there.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:46 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,945,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Everywhere. It is natural to seek control within a society. It is why you can't find the kind of world you speak of.

That answer does not attend to the question. Be specific, give an example of its failing. Saying "Everywhere" is an evasion of generality which does not provide a proper support for your claim.

So again, describe an example of where it fails.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
That answer does not attend to the question. Be specific, give an example of its failing. Saying "Everywhere" is an evasion of generality which does not provide a proper support for your claim.

So again, describe an example of where it fails.
Non-existence of such society you preach about is an example/illustration of its impossibility. Heck, if you want to really see it at work, look at what you're complaining about. Do I need to tell you about that too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections