Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2011, 02:02 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,993,500 times

Advertisements

I watched the video and I think this is more liberal media overreaction, looking to stir up a storm in a teacup. One or two hooligans yell out "Yeah!" in answer to the question "Do we just let him die?" and somehow these audience trolls are representative of the entire Tea Party? Sorry, I don't buy it.

More telling is how the majority clapped when Paul said, "We never turned anybody away from the hospital." [whether they had health insurance or not] But of course, that doesn't make for interesting anti-TP propaganda headlines on the Huffington Post, does it?

Try, try again, libbies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 02:03 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
I'm not a liberal...but I believe 1000% that the tea bagged/talk-radiot crowd really would cheer that idea.

Because in their eyes, from all the vicious, nasty us vs. them vitriol they've been brainwashed with, 24x7x365, from their talk-radio/Faux News heros...They truely believe in their mind that it is 100% that persons fault for not having insurance. They have insurance because they work hard, want tax cuts for the rich, love jesus, and drive SUVs, anyone who doesn't have insurance doesn't have it because they are low-life degenerates who don't work hard, don't believe in jesus or tax cuts, and are deadbeats just trying to sponge off of everyone else, and worse of all the dying person is probably a liberal.
You're not a liberal, yet you repeat every liberal talking point after making that announcement.

I'd say you're either confused or not too bright.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:07 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Please post all your facts that show the audience was only made up of TP people. Then after you accurately capture that, please post the name of the person/people that shouted it. TIA!
tea party 101. They never take responsibility! Every time they say prove it! We have no leaders. We are not a party. We don't dont exist Wow! WoW just wow. Conservatives are finally speaking up about this group.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I watched the video and I think this is more liberal media overreaction, looking to stir up a storm in a teacup. One or two hooligans yell out "Yeah!" in answer to the question "Do we just let him die?" and somehow these audience trolls are representative of the entire Tea Party? Sorry, I don't buy it.

More telling is how the majority clapped when Paul said, "We never turned anybody away from the hospital." [whether they had health insurance or not] But of course, that doesn't make for interesting anti-TP propaganda headlines on the Huffington Post, does it?

Try, try again, libbies.
Keep telling yourself that. The rest of the Country outside of tea land isn't buying it.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:10 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,660 times
Basic Republican philosophy. Life is sacred as long as it's in the womb. Once you're out you can drop dead.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Since you are attempting to rewrite history, I thought I'd clarify exactly what you said. The "group" you were referring to was the poor and middle class that applauded a comment by Paul. A comment that is being repeated incorrectly, and interpreted as only liberals can do - by mindreading.

You chastise a group calling for someone to die (even though that is a WRONG conclusion), yet, you do the same. Just sayin'.
You are on the wrong side of this tea party and you have been exposed for what you truly believe. Don't blame me for that. I knew the whole time but last night you woke a whole country up to it.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'm a her.

Secondly, I have a pre existing condition through no fault of my own that requires medication to keep me alive and productive. You were lucky to have been born healthy, some aren't.
President Obama wants to make sure you are covered with that condition. The tea party wants the insurance company to turn a good profit by denying you money because of that condition. Which is for the people? Which one is for the koch brothers plutocratic world?

Old 09-13-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
What a bunch of garbage. And more leftwing lies. Yup, you're right. No TP person has ever helped anyone. Just a bunch of selfish scum. As opposed to the leftwingers, who want to help everyone. Just not with their own money. Rather, the government's. Isn't that how it works?

And again, comparing a crowd of Americans to jihadists. Do you lefties have any self respect?
This poster is a republican voter sir. Not a lefty.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I don't know any human being who would cheer the death of a comatose patient. It's telling that liberals here are quick to believe the absolute worst of the TP/GOP

What exactly do we know about the audience in attendance anyway? Did the TV show them? How many were average Americans and how many were plants? No, I'm not talking about the Plantae kind.
This is such a cop out. Every time the tea party is caught they blame it on some invisible plant Are you buying this America?

Old 09-13-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Great post and I want to add to what you said that according to that great philosopher, Barack Obama, words mean something. That is very true but quite often the words people say are twisted and spun till they seem to mean something other than the original intent. I listened to the OP video over and over and just didn't hear what the OP and the author of his piece heard. Of course, we were standing in different spots around the situation and frame of reference means so very much when determining what anybody said. Some of us have spun the words of Barack Obama round and round and they sure sounded different after they were spun. Kind of like what happened here, it seems to me.
No it isn't. The tea party cheered yeah!!! applauded after hearing these words "he should just die" thats no spin. That is the truth. Outside of tea land everyone knows it. I hope Obama plays it in a commercial over and over. This is the tea party 100%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections