U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 10:46 AM

9,038 posts, read 14,293,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
It is not up to the government nor anyone else to tell others what they can and cannot do with their body. As for saying "tough if the person got hooked," well I look at it this way... I'd prefer finding solutions to help that person as opposed to just throwing them in jail for what I feel is a victimless crime! If you put them in jail, now they have a drug charge, and good luck getting a job. In which they end up going back to their old ways, and then back in jail. But with that being said, you can't save everyone. God helps those who want to help themselves!
I was exaggerating a little when I said that it was "tough if a person got hooked" I just don't think it is the government's responsibility to save us from ourselves and make us pay for it. Let charities or private groups be available for that for those that need it and want it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 10:56 AM

15,908 posts, read 10,051,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I was exaggerating a little when I said that it was "tough if a person got hooked" I just don't think it is the government's responsibility to save us from ourselves and make us pay for it. Let charities or private groups be available for that for those that need it and want it.

I know what you meant, I was just adding another perspective.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:56 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,253,176 times
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan
It is not up to the government nor anyone else to tell others what they can and cannot do with their body. As for saying "tough if the person got hooked," well I look at it this way... I'd prefer finding solutions to help that person as opposed to just throwing them in jail for what I feel is a victimless crime! If you put them in jail, now they have a drug charge, and good luck getting a job. In which they end up going back to their old ways, and then back in jail. But with that being said, you can't save everyone. God helps those who want to help themselves!

Quote:

Okay, the facts need to be clear here. This is your statement, emily...verbatim.
''
''Regarding prostitution and legalizing drugs. He (Paul) has never said he is FOR any of those things. RATHER he is for INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS which is a trade mark of a FREE SOCIETY. People should be free to do what they want with their lives as long as they aren't hurting others by doing so. So if someone wants to smoke crack and screw up their life, let them as long as they aren't forcing you to. What is so bad about that? I'd rather have that than BIG GOVERNMENT deciding what I can and can't do. He says if anyone should be telling you what to do it should be the states.''

Emily
__________________________________________________ ______________

And one of the key points regarding Ron Paul's (and emily's) desire to have government get out of 'their' way...and allow any 'Tom, Dick, or Harry'..or emily, to (Legalize) purchase drugs, prostitution, etc....Is SIMPLY....that will obviously cause greater harm and DANGER TO SOCIETY, and to each citizen, personally. They WILL be hurting others...and themselves, emily! The >>deterrent aspect<< is the teeth to these laws. Without that....yes, weak, desperate, ignorant people will be drawn to pursue these bad, un-Healthy vices.....which cause grave harm and damage to themselves...and to 'our children' ....and to our society.

A fool knows that is WHY (main reason) we have had these Laws against such.....in place so long.

WISER, Sapient leaders passed these laws...for GOOD reason.

I am appalled at you people's Flippant, irresponsibile attitude!

But THANK GOODNESS.....we still have 'Government' getting ''it right'' on this! >>>>If It Ain't Broke...Don't fix It<<<<

The price of dropping these laws...is far higher than even 'you folks' would want to pay!!

Last edited by quality guy; 09-16-2011 at 01:15 PM..

Old 09-16-2011, 03:28 PM

26,629 posts, read 11,160,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
And one of the key points regarding Ron Paul's (and emily's) desire to have government get out of 'their' way...and allow any 'Tom, Dick, or Harry'..or emily, to (Legalize) purchase drugs, prostitution, etc....Is SIMPLY....that will obviously cause greater harm and DANGER TO SOCIETY, and to each citizen, personally. They WILL be hurting others...and themselves, emily! The >>deterrent aspect<< is the teeth to these laws. Without that....yes, weak, desperate, ignorant people will be drawn to pursue these bad, un-Healthy vices.....which cause grave harm and damage to themselves...and to 'our children' ....and to our society.
You offer no proof just jibberish. Anyone with just a bit of perspective can see the war on drugs, like many government programs, is a failure.
You want to continue the war on drugs because you believe in hurting minorities and not helping. You also delight in swat breaking down doors and shooting people and their dogs. I bet that's fun for you too.

Quote:
But THANK GOODNESS.....we still have 'Government' getting ''it right'' on this! >>>>If It Ain't Broke...Don't fix It<<<<

The price of dropping these laws...is far higher than even 'you folks' would want to pay!!
really? What's the price of incarceration people, stealing their money, and tearing families apart over something that has nothing to do with breaking the law. But it affects inner city minorities the most and they're just scum anyway according to you. Lock them up, give them a record and make it harder to earn a living. All because that person was exercising their right as an American citizen.

Yea a person sitting in their back yard smoking weed, not bothering or hurting anyone, should be thrown in jail and fined because YOU don't like it.

As long as a doctor gives you a prescription, drugs are okay right? But aren't they also "weak, desperate, and ignorant people"?
Thank you benevolent one for looking out for the people. What would we ever do without you? Except prosper and enjoy our liberty. But other than that good show.

Old 09-16-2011, 03:41 PM

12,870 posts, read 13,120,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Pure ignorance in it's purest form. If what you're saying isn't media-fed garbage then I don't know what is.

Here's a little statement of FACT for you:

Ron Paul's campaign has raised more money from members of the military than all the other campaigns - including President Obama - combined
i think they come at it from different perspective because ron paul actually served the country and santorum didn't.

Paul served as a flight surgeon in the United States Air Force from 1963 until 1968, during the Vietnam War.

Old 09-16-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan

Okay, the facts need to be clear here. This is your statement, emily...verbatim.
''
''Regarding prostitution and legalizing drugs. He (Paul) has never said he is FOR any of those things. RATHER he is for INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS which is a trade mark of a FREE SOCIETY. People should be free to do what they want with their lives as long as they aren't hurting others by doing so. So if someone wants to smoke crack and screw up their life, let them as long as they aren't forcing you to. What is so bad about that? I'd rather have that than BIG GOVERNMENT deciding what I can and can't do. He says if anyone should be telling you what to do it should be the states.''

Emily
__________________________________________________ ______________

A fool knows that is WHY (main reason) we have had these Laws against such.....in place so long.

WISER, Sapient leaders passed these laws...for GOOD reason.

I am appalled at you people's Flippant, irresponsibile attitude!

Oh come on. It IS "BROKE". It has been getting worse and worse with each status quo president and Congress we['ve had and we pay FAR TOO MUCH for it.

Here's an example of how the government has made things worse. They decided that obesity was caused by the animal fat used at fast food places so they INSISTED they switch to vegetable oil which resulted in all the TRANS FATS and GENETICALLY ENGINEERED oils being used instead which not only did not help, it made the obesity problem WORSE.... and BIG AGRA such as Monsanto was the only one who benefited.

The bottom line is in EVERY CASE except the military, getting the government involved has not helped one bit! They only COMPOUND the problems! Look at Medical Care; Banking; Mortgages; Housing; Education; Security. You Name it! They are TERRIBLE at it.

Old 09-16-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Oh come on. It IS "BROKE". It has been getting worse and worse with each status quo president and Congress we['ve had and we pay FAR TOO MUCH for it.

Here's an example of how the government has made things worse. They decided that obesity was caused by the animal fat used at fast food places so they INSISTED they switch to vegetable oil which resulted in all the TRANS FATS and GENETICALLY ENGINEERED oils being used instead which not only did not help, it made the obesity problem WORSE.... and BIG AGRA such as Monsanto was the only one who benefited.

The bottom line is in EVERY CASE except the military, getting the government involved has not helped one bit! They only COMPOUND the problems! Look at Medical Care; Banking; Mortgages; Housing; Education; Security. You Name it! They are TERRIBLE at it.

You ''come on!'' - The law against the Libertarian (Ron Paul) Agenda of not making Drugs and prostitution legal....IS NOT ''BROKE!''

That's the issue here. Nothing more.

You people want to throw out the baby...with the bath water.

Last edited by quality guy; 09-16-2011 at 04:39 PM..

Old 09-16-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
You ''come on!'' - The law against the Libertarian (Ron Paul) Agenda of not making Drugs and prostitution legal....IS NOT ''BROKE!''

That's the issue here. Nothing more.

You people want to throw out the baby...with the bath water.
The drug war is broken too! How much are taxpayers paying at the tune of $30k per year per inmate to house perfectly innocent people who may have been caught using drugs or where small time dealers?. They should be let out of jail so we could save the money.

You probably don't notice but of "FREE" nations, this one is POSITIVELY OBSESSED WITH PUNISHING PEOPLE AND THROWING THEM IN JAIL! I used to know the numbers but we have something like 25% of the world's incarcerated population here in our jails and a good percentage of that are our own people. Basically other free countries that are obviously a lot freer than ours don't lock up their people unless what they've done it is a lot worse than taking or dealing drugs.

QG there are getting to be fewer and fewer good things about this country that still exist. It is time to take your rose colored glasses off and face the facts.

Also it is a myth that people still want to come to this country. I think for a while now Mexicans are finding better work opportunities in Mexico and are returning to Mexico. Let's not kid ourselves.

Last edited by emilybh; 09-16-2011 at 06:35 PM..

Old 09-16-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
The drug war is broken too! How much are taxpayers paying at the tune of $30k per year per inmate to house perfectly innocent people who may have been caught using drugs or where small time dealers?. They should be let out of jail so we could save the money.
Money...that's your problem, right? I see....so to heck with the problems drugs cause 'dumb' people who will use...and ABUSE them (and 'screw up their life'' - Quote by emilybh> ''So if someone wants to smoke crack and screw up their life, let them as long as they aren't forcing you to. What is so bad about that?'')...and mine and yours if we live around them. - NO BIG DEAL, RIGHT? >>>>WRONG...and IRRISPONSIBILE! You don't CARE about your fellowman or woman ODing, etc. and ALL the problems for society that brings. Just worried about MONEY.

Well, I hope you never get elected...to even the PTA. Or your good buddy, Ron Paul.

1 Timothy 6:10

King James Version (KJV)

10) For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Old 09-16-2011, 06:59 PM

242 posts, read 198,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
From the CNN Debate

Ron Paul Booed at CNN - Tea Party Debate

These people have been trying to take down WTC for at least 20 years.

You can't blame us for their actions. You just can't - and expect to be supported by the people you blame - especially for our actions post 9/11.

disgusting comments by ron paul really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or