U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 09:50 AM

28,191 posts, read 15,315,659 times

Advertisements

From the CNN Debate

Quote:
“This whole idea that the whole Muslim world is responsible for this and they are attacking us because we are free and prosperous, that is just not true. Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda have been explicit … they have been explicit and they wrote and said that “we attacked America because you had bases on our holy land in Saudi Arabia, you do not give Palestinians fair treatment and you have been bombing (audience boos) … I didn’t say that. I’m trying to get you to understand what the motive was behind the bombing. At the same time we had been bombing and killing hundreds of thousands of Iraqis for ten years. Would you be annoyed? If you’re not annoyed then there’s some problem.”

Ron Paul Booed at CNN - Tea Party Debate

These people have been trying to take down WTC for at least 20 years.

You can't blame us for their actions. You just can't - and expect to be supported by the people you blame - especially for our actions post 9/11.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 09:57 AM

31,777 posts, read 24,821,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
From the CNN Debate
Ron Paul Booed at CNN - Tea Party Debate

You can't blame us for their actions. You just can't - and expect to be supported by the people you blame - especially for our actions post 9/11.
Truth hurts. Hence politicians are better served being liars and populists. Ron Paul is right. And those who booed him for telling what really is, are idiots.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:12 AM

25,059 posts, read 23,083,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Truth hurts. Hence politicians are better served being liars and populists. Ron Paul is right. And those who booed him for telling what really is, are idiots.
I agree. The "terrorists" don't hate us for our freedoms. Ha! How laughable. Like you said, the truth hurts and the truth is sometimes unpopular because people can't handle having their worldview shattered by facts. Like Jack Nicholson said a long time ago, "You can't handle the truth!"

Old 09-13-2011, 10:22 AM

4,172 posts, read 5,979,034 times
One of the stronger arguments Ron Paul makes is related to foreign policy. I wish people would listen to him at least on that regard. All those chants of "shock and awe" are now "awww shucks!" now that the multi-trillion dollar bills are due. Stupidity costs money and not many things are going to be solved by military might.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:23 AM

28,191 posts, read 15,315,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
1- I don't buy entirely what he is saying - but that's for another day.

2- I don't want anyone to lie. I'm glad he is honest to what he thinks. The president's job is to protect the American people. You can do this in a position of strength or by caving in to the demands of others.

Even in his belief that we are at fault, he could spell it out differently.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:33 AM

31,777 posts, read 24,821,962 times
Quote:
1- I don't buy entirely what he is saying - but that's for another day.

2- I don't want anyone to lie. I'm glad he is honest to what he thinks. The president's job is to protect the American people. You can do this in a position of strength or by caving in to the demands of others.

Recognizing the root cause of a problem isn't child's play. When inconvenient, it can be unpleasant, and in this case it is. The President can't "save", but he/she sure can push for conditions that reverse the game which resulted in a massive loss. And it won't be easy. Interestingly enough, the biggest problem to that recognition and reversal aren't those outsiders who won't mind another attack, but the people who would be dealt with the blow. Because they aren't just ignorant, but also stubborn and overflowing with "pride", the feeling that they could do no wrong.

And I think you should address the first point you avoided, because it is fundamental to this thread you created.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:43 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,042,090 times
Quote:
And precisely why a candidate who will tell the harsh truth rather than what you want to hear must be president above the other lying scumbags.

Ron Paul on 9/11: Ask the Right Questions and Face the Truth - YouTube

Old 09-13-2011, 10:44 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,042,090 times
Quote:
You want a napkin with that?

Old 09-13-2011, 10:47 AM

3,513 posts, read 3,233,083 times
if you were bombing a country every day and occupying them, you would want revenge.

i agree that 9/11 was years of frustration and revenge for what we've done.

the tea party is no longer a bi partisan, both parties are corrupt, 3rd party group.

the tea party has been bought and sold by freedom works, beck, hannity, palin, foxnews and is now the far right of the republican party.

over 90 percent of tea partiers said they would vote for any republican over obama. that is not a bipartisan party.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:48 AM

29,988 posts, read 37,095,343 times
Quote:

Paul did not blame the US for their actions no matter how much you and Santorum want to spin it. What he did was ask people to look at their motivations and how our foriegn policy in the Middle East has put the US in more danger, not less.

Insanity is repeating the same thing and expecting a different outcome. We've been bombing the Hades out of the Middle East for decades now and meddeling in their governments financially since at least 1953. To pretend that "blowback" would not be a consequence is both blind and dangerous; which, IMO, is exactly what the naysayers to Paul's position on the Middle East and our foreign policy are doing.

Part of personal responsibility for a nation is admitting when a policy has failed it and having the character to change course and do the right thing. I do not see Santorum, Romney, Perry, or Bachmann of being made of that mettle. Instead they'd rather cheerlead on the insanity of endless wars that are breaking our country and achieving negative results by placing radical Islam in control.

Food for thought........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or