U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2011, 09:58 PM

12,439 posts, read 10,277,995 times

Advertisements

Perry like Bush is soft on immigration. The reason is because in those states it is hard to get elected for a statewide position unless you get the latin vote.

I don't see how anyone who wants the immigration laws enforced could vote for Perry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 10:00 PM

Default Perry "lets bring our troops home and lets keep them there."

Talk about talking out of both sides of your mouth. Bring troops home to satisfy the Ron Paul fans and leave them there to satisfy the NeoCons. I heard his statement, and all I could think was WTF.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:38 AM

71,663 posts, read 83,216,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Talk about talking out of both sides of your mouth. Bring troops home to satisfy the Ron Paul fans and leave them there to satisfy the NeoCons. I heard his statement, and all I could think was WTF.
Boy you really hate Perry don't you? How many anti Perry posts have you started?

Nita

Old 09-14-2011, 08:59 AM

3,513 posts, read 3,232,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Boy you really hate Perry don't you? How many anti Perry posts have you started?

Nita
perry makes himself the target by promoting dumb policies like in state tuition for illegals and mandating kids get vaccines without consulting the texas legislature.

i laughed when this idiot said texas and mexico have a great relationship.

every time rick perry talks, obama is smiling.

if the republicans are serious about 2012, they would pick romney

Old 09-14-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Nita
Nita, so you have nothing to say about the OP only about me. I know you could not think of anyway to defend his statement. That is because there is no defense for it.

As for me, my posts on Perry are only public service announcements. Everyone should be aware of this dude. It is not about hate. It is about people being able to make an informed decision.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:48 AM

22,694 posts, read 16,166,960 times
Quote:
Perry like Bush is soft on immigration. The reason is because in those states it is hard to get elected for a statewide position unless you get the latin vote.

I don't see how anyone who wants the immigration laws enforced could vote for Perry.
"Border State Republcans soft on immigration" - really?
Last I checked, the governor of Arizona is a republican and she sure as heck isn't 'soft' on immigration.
Also, last I checked the governor of New Mexico is a republican and she ain't 'soft' either.

Of course, Texas is different. It relies to a large extent on trade with Mexico to bolster its economy and immigrants, legal and illegal, have contributed greatly to that 'miracle' people love to tout. Perry may be perceived as soft, but, he has said, and I agree, that he is simply being pragmatic.

And, it gives him lots of ammunition to use against the feds

Old 09-14-2011, 03:02 PM

9,958 posts, read 7,574,115 times
How can border state Republicans be soft on immigration if Obama has the DOJ sue any state that tries to do the job that Obama refuses to do.

Obama just gave blanket amnesty to millions of illegal Dreamies and you have the nerve to say that Republicans are soft on immigration?

Old 09-14-2011, 03:08 PM

28,378 posts, read 61,723,541 times
Quote:
Border State Republicans soft on immigration.
As all border state governors have been since... well, the beginning.
The only variable ever has been the scale and scope of it.

Quote:
Perry like Bush is soft on immigration.
Well, the scale and scope of it *has* gotten out of hand.
So they're stuck with trying to put up a tough front.

But they still don't want it to end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or