Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 05:21 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,792,574 times

Advertisements

The behavior by some members of the audience at the most recent Republican presidential debates has at least one campaign staffer concerned about the future of the GOP.

Sarah Reidy, the national director of scheduling for Jon Huntsman's presidential campaign, had some stern words for her own party after the audience at a debate in California applauded the number of executions during Texas Gov. Rick Perry's tenure, and then some in the crowd at a debate in Florida cheered when the moderator asked if a sick person without insurance should be left to die.

In a post on her Facebook page, Reidy, who joined Huntsman's campaign in August but was not speaking on its behalf in this instance, said the behavior made her "sick and sad" for the Republican party.

"For years I have tried to prove that the GOP isn't the Party of elitist, stereotypical people that lack compassion," Reidy wrote on her Facebook account Tuesday. "When did creativity and growth become secondary to hate? Hearing the debate crowds go crazy over things like executions and the uninsured dying makes me sick and sad for my Party that I devote my time and efforts."

Source:Huntsman staffer says she is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 05:25 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,810,134 times
While it's good to see some sane people in the GOP like this lady and huntsman, the fact is the GOP especially since the tea party came around have gone so off the charts to the insane right it's hard to say if they will ever return to sanity, or just keep pushing the extremist agenda.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:27 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,139 times
"For years I have tried to prove that the GOP isn't the Party of elitist, stereotypical people that lack compassion"

Well the reason she has been unsuccessful is that the GOP is the Party of elitist, stereotypical people that lack compassion. Note please that I say the party and not the people. Time for her to join the Democrats - this is the main reason why I was never able to align myself with the GOP and its values.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:28 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
The behavior by some members of the audience at the most recent Republican presidential debates has at least one campaign staffer concerned about the future of the GOP.

Sarah Reidy, the national director of scheduling for Jon Huntsman's presidential campaign, had some stern words for her own party after the audience at a debate in California applauded the number of executions during Texas Gov. Rick Perry's tenure, and then some in the crowd at a debate in Florida cheered when the moderator asked if a sick person without insurance should be left to die.

In a post on her Facebook page, Reidy, who joined Huntsman's campaign in August but was not speaking on its behalf in this instance, said the behavior made her "sick and sad" for the Republican party.

"For years I have tried to prove that the GOP isn't the Party of elitist, stereotypical people that lack compassion," Reidy wrote on her Facebook account Tuesday. "When did creativity and growth become secondary to hate? Hearing the debate crowds go crazy over things like executions and the uninsured dying makes me sick and sad for my Party that I devote my time and efforts."

Source:Huntsman staffer says she is
They will attack her now. By the end of the week she will actually be a democrated plant and never been a republican at all. It will start on here. Soon a good tea party member will come by and say "who is she? We have no way of knowing she is not a liberal spy"

They will never be held accountable for anything.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:39 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
They will never be held accountable for anything.
What exactly should they be held accountable for, they havent done anything

Her posting was utter garbage and should be treated as such.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What exactly should they be held accountable for, they havent done anything

Her posting was utter garbage and should be treated as such.
Case in point^^^^^^^^

Old 09-14-2011, 05:54 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Case in point^^^^^^^^
Didnt answer the question as to what they should be held accountable for ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 09-14-2011, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Didnt answer the question as to what they should be held accountable for ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
They should have to tell the truth about their agenda and it is a nasty one. The people who cant get insured under tea party rule will be left to die. If you are part of the other 95% you deserve nothing. You should work harder. 50 60 70 80 hours a week would be a good start. If you work enough you wont have to worry about HC because you can die before you get to the age when you really need it. That also takes care of SS. You and your family shouldn't worry about vacation because the company loses money if you are not there and are still getting paid,what is wrong with you people? Vacation means something for nothing. This is our America. The plutocratic America. The good news is we will let you in maybe.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:16 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
She (and everyone) should be concerned about the direction of the GOP. What is going on with GOP is is deeply troubling, and the crowd cheering at death penalty, poor people dying etc shows the mentality of their followers. They don't seem to care, or even comprehend, what they cheer at, as long as they cheer at a person representing their party.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:23 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Poor entitled little princess
Don't you fret there is plenty of dissapointment to go around.

Me,I'm sick of ruling class politicos (this would include Huntsman), thinking they can involve themselves in every facet of my life and stealing my money to give to their friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections