U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2012, 11:27 PM

180 posts, read 155,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
People don't care what party he is with. It is his message they care about. The party shouldn't make a difference. You can vote for whoever you want to in the general election.
In reality the answer is no. At least many of the people I know including myself. I frankly hate what the Republican Party has become. I would not support any person who chooses to affiliate themselves as a Republican in today's party. I would not want to send the message to the Republican Tea Party that I support their movement. I know many disgruntled fiscal conservation Democrats that would consider voting for Ron Paul IF he were an Independent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 06:26 AM

9,038 posts, read 14,285,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_ View Post
In reality the answer is no. At least many of the people I know including myself. I frankly hate what the Republican Party has become. I would not support any person who chooses to affiliate themselves as a Republican in today's party. I would not want to send the message to the Republican Tea Party that I support their movement. I know many disgruntled fiscal conservation Democrats that would consider voting for Ron Paul IF he were an Independent.
Well it is too bad you and your Democrat friends feel that way. Beggars can't be choosers. When you have a country with as many problems as we have with 10 times as many problems with its leadership (as there are problems) as we have, and you are lucky enough to be able to vote for a candidate with a proven track record of honesty and integrity who has not been bought and paid for by the establishment-- who has the best chance of being elected, you should support him regardless of what party he comes from. There is WAY TOO MUCH AT STAKE not to!! We can't afford another four years of tyrannical fascist rule.
Ron Paul is our only chance to stop it in its tracks and turn this country back around and restore FREEDOM to this country along with restoring the economy.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:30 AM

9,038 posts, read 14,285,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
I didn't know this, are you being serious?
They may be sending troops to Israel because it was reported that Israel plans to leave the United States out of the loop if they decide to attack Iran. If they have troops there, it'll be easier to keep tabs on them.

If they had any common sense they'd just stay out of it. Let other countries fend for themselves. Period.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:39 AM

8,266 posts, read 10,685,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
They may be sending troops to Israel because it was reported that Israel plans to leave the United States out of the loop if they decide to attack Iran. If they have troops there, it'll be easier to keep tabs on them.
We have secretly garrisoned 30k troops in Israel just to keep tabs on the Israelis if they decide to launch an strike vs. Iran's nuke facilities? What have they joined hands to form circles around each IAF airfield?

Now you are making even less sense than Alaskan is when he claims we stationed 30k troops in Israel to attack Iran with despite that being much farther than our existing military bases right on the Persian Gulf.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:37 AM

7,374 posts, read 7,385,370 times
Quote:

In other words you would vote for Ron Paul, IF he had no chance of winning to begin with. Another party politics person ....

Old 02-29-2012, 08:41 AM

25,059 posts, read 23,090,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
In other words you would vote for Ron Paul, IF he had no chance of winning to begin with. Another party politics person ....
There's way too many people like that here. "I would vote for Ron Paul but he's a Republican", "I agree with everything Ron Paul says except foreign policy", "I agree with everything Ron Paul says except he wants to cut welfare"

Old 02-29-2012, 08:49 AM

7,374 posts, read 7,385,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
There's way too many people like that here. "I would vote for Ron Paul but he's a Republican", "I agree with everything Ron Paul says except foreign policy", "I agree with everything Ron Paul says except he wants to cut welfare"
Yeah well, all these fools will get what they got coming, unfortunately we will just have to suffer the consequences of their bad decision making skills with them.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:51 AM

25,059 posts, read 23,090,543 times
Quote:
Yeah well, all these fools will get what they got coming, unfortunately we will just have to suffer the consequences of their bad decision making skills with them.
Unfortunately. It's going to take something like the Great Depression to get people to wake up, though. Too many people are still plugged into the Matrix, so to speak

Old 02-29-2012, 12:33 PM

180 posts, read 155,260 times
Quote:
I honestly believe Ron Paul has NO chance winning under the Republican Party because he WON'T EVEN BE GIVEN THE CHANCE. The Republican Party is too far right when it comes to foreign policy, drugs and marriage. EVEN if I and others could look the other way of him being on the Republican Party, it wouldn't make a difference because it's a WASTED VOTE because he has no chance winning the nomination.

I with every inch of my body believe Ron Paul WOULD have a chance winning as an Independent because he would get the majority of Independent vote and would get the less insane part of the Republican Party and the liberty section of the Democratic Party.

Independents never stood a chance in the past because they didn't have the infrastructure. Ron Paul is different, he has a huge grassroots movement that's developed over numerous years. Even Fox News ignores Ron Paul, so it's not like he could get any less media attention than he already does.

Old 02-29-2012, 12:55 PM

12,770 posts, read 9,810,335 times
Quote:
I honestly believe Ron Paul has NO chance winning under the Republican Party because he WON'T EVEN BE GIVEN THE CHANCE. The Republican Party is too far right when it comes to foreign policy, drugs and marriage. EVEN if I and others could look the other way of him being on the Republican Party, it wouldn't make a difference because it's a WASTED VOTE because he has no chance winning the nomination.

I with every inch of my body believe Ron Paul WOULD have a chance winning as an Independent because he would get the majority of Independent vote and would get the less insane part of the Republican Party and the liberty section of the Democratic Party.

Independents never stood a chance in the past because they didn't have the infrastructure. Ron Paul is different, he has a huge grassroots movement that's developed over numerous years. Even Fox News ignores Ron Paul, so it's not like he could get any less media attention than he already does.
You need to quit looking to the corporate media to inform you, they won't tell you the truth, that needs to be sought elsewhere. Ron Paul has a strong following, don't let them convince you otherwise. The selection of Romney has already been made, and they will make sure the rigged votes reflect their wishes. That does not dissuade me from supporting Ron Paul as the only man that is worthy of our trust and our vote.
Have a bag ready to take with you to the camp.
» Camp FEMA: Exposing the Government Plan for Political Concentration Camps Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or