U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2012, 12:57 PM

22,660 posts, read 16,150,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_ View Post
I honestly believe Ron Paul has NO chance winning under the Republican Party because he WON'T EVEN BE GIVEN THE CHANCE. The Republican Party is too far right when it comes to foreign policy, drugs and marriage. EVEN if I and others could look the other way of him being on the Republican Party, it wouldn't make a difference because it's a WASTED VOTE because he has no chance winning the nomination.

I with every inch of my body believe Ron Paul WOULD have a chance winning as an Independent because he would get the majority of Independent vote and would get the less insane part of the Republican Party and the liberty section of the Democratic Party.

Independents never stood a chance in the past because they didn't have the infrastructure. Ron Paul is different, he has a huge grassroots movement that's developed over numerous years. Even Fox News ignores Ron Paul, so it's not like he could get any less media attention than he already does.
I often wonder why Dr. Paul feels it so important to align with the republican party. Could it be that he is a libertarian in name only?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 01:02 PM

8,266 posts, read 10,676,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Hah you are a fear-marketer's dream customer.

This important film — covering an ominous topic the corporate media not only will not cover (despite an abundance of evidence) but is obliged to discredit and dismiss as the collective mental aberration of conspiracy kooks — is now available at Alex Jones’ Infowars Store.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:25 PM

8,487 posts, read 5,882,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post

This important film — covering an ominous topic the corporate media not only will not cover (despite an abundance of evidence) but is obliged to discredit and dismiss as the collective mental aberration of conspiracy kooks — is now available at Alex Jones’ Infowars Store.
No better fear marketer than the US govt imo. Also nothing wrong w/ knowing where funding and legal authority are going. I am sure some Japanese Americans wished they would have had better information. Luckily, information is everywhere.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japane...can_internment

Camp FEMA: American Lockdown - FULL MOVIE - 86 min - YouTube

Old 02-29-2012, 01:46 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,379,599 times
Quote:

An exquisite example of complete idiocy ...

For over 10 years we have been telling people about the move toward globalization and a global police state, how they would start destroying our rights one at a time here at home. You people laughed and said we were crazy and made tin foil hat comments, then they signed the patriot act and started opening concentration camps and torturing people, and next they started assassinating American citizens without charge or trial, and now they have signed the NDAA and have effectively repealed the 4th amendment along with posse comitatus and have declared the US a war zone are are putting unmanned drones in the skies to monitor and spy on American citizens ...

Just like Ron Paul telling the congress what would happen in 2002, and everyone said he was a quack and a fear monger and low and behold everything he said would happen came true and still, ignorant morons all over the country are continuing to mock us and pretend as if we haven't been right about EVERYTHING so far ... Some people on this forum are either so stupid that they must be impaired, utterly insane, or simply sold out enemies of the constitution and the American way. In truth there is likely nothing better that can happen than for the fools to get what they got coming ... I guess its about time for these morons to learn the hard way ... Its just so sad to watch it happen, and to have to see the innocent suffer in the process. You can lead a horse to water, but you cant make it drink.

"Some people should die, that just unconscious knowledge" - Janes Addiction

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 02-29-2012 at 02:21 PM..

Old 02-29-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
You people laughed and said we were crazy and made tin foil hat comments
You are, and I do still laugh. There are no FEMA camps, you can spend as much time watching Alex Jones youtube videos as you want, there just aren't any and your shrill hyper exaggeration about the impacts of all these other things you live in fear is just another symptom of you, not the system.

Run! hide! Fear! Tremble!

Old 02-29-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
No better fear marketer than the US govt imo.
Good point, politicians have long played on fear to sway public opinion when it suits them.

But FEMA camps... come on that's hilarious. Maybe you can watch the chem trails overhead if you have an open cell.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:57 PM

8,487 posts, read 5,882,049 times
Quote:
Good point, politicians have long played on fear to sway public opinion when it suits them.

But FEMA camps... come on that's hilarious. Maybe you can watch the chem trails overhead if you have an open cell.
Actually I don't find FEMA camps or chem trails hilarious, but hey, each to his own.

Old 02-29-2012, 03:06 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,379,599 times
Quote:
You are, and I do still laugh. There are no FEMA camps, you can spend as much time watching Alex Jones youtube videos as you want, there just aren't any and your shrill hyper exaggeration about the impacts of all these other things you live in fear is just another symptom of you, not the system.

Run! hide! Fear! Tremble!

Okay, maybe you're right ... Maybe we are wrong and there is nothing to fear from your BIG government that you love so much. Then we have nothing to worry about and in the end you will have had a good laugh and though i may feel a little silly having believed in such things, i will be happier for it.

However, what if we are right? What if you are the one who is ignorant and deceived, and what if you end up in one of those FEMA camps you said never existed, like one of the Jews in the Holocaust who said it would never happen, would you be laughing then?

Somehow i don't think so ...

Old 02-29-2012, 03:08 PM

31,777 posts, read 24,802,583 times
Ron Paul appears to have surged... But still well below... Santorum!

Old 02-29-2012, 03:09 PM

9,038 posts, read 14,272,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
There's way too many people like that here. "I would vote for Ron Paul but he's a Republican", "I agree with everything Ron Paul says except foreign policy", "I agree with everything Ron Paul says except he wants to cut welfare"
I think the people that say that don't really care. They obviously aren't willing to do any research because if they did, they'd see those reasons don't hold any water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or