U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-09-2012, 02:10 AM
 
25,059 posts, read 23,087,058 times
Reputation: 11618

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Nothing is impossible. I don't like the spin that Alex Jones put on that message suggesting that Ron Paul saying "be respectful" also means follow along and support Romney. He doesn't say that at all! He says, "I hope you'll continue to stand with me as we go forward. Our Revolution could not have come this far without you."
Sorry, but I think Alex should have listened to Webster Tarpley. Dr. Tarpley has been saying since January that Ron Paul is a Romney stooge, giving him right cover, while Huntsman was giving Romney left cover. Paul NEVER attacked Romney as savagely as Rick Perry and Gingrich had. You never heard a When Mitt Romney Came to Town from Paul. When I started listening to Dr. Tarpley more closely, it started to make sense. My support for Ron has been diminishing for the past couple months, I've become disillusioned sometime around March, but I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. But, after seeing the unedited versions of the debates with all the candidates talking, just wow. Tarpley was right. Ron Paul is not going to win, and Rand coming out endorsing Romney just seals the deal.

Last edited by theunbrainwashed; 06-09-2012 at 02:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-09-2012, 06:39 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,158 posts, read 33,583,941 times
Reputation: 14142
Makes you wonder and think seriously, about just who Mitt has in mind to be his VP.


Rand as VP, would kill the deal for Obama. Even if Daddy on, pulls off the unexpected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2012, 11:42 AM
 
25,059 posts, read 23,087,058 times
Reputation: 11618
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Makes you wonder and think seriously, about just who Mitt has in mind to be his VP.


Rand as VP, would kill the deal for Obama. Even if Daddy on, pulls off the unexpected.
Right now, the alternative media seems to be thinking that Mitch Daniels is going to be VP, while the mainstream media thinks Rand will be. Who knows. With Rand's endorsement and Ron's strategy of covering for Romney during the debates, looks like it might be either those 2. I'm just surprised I didn't see this myself the past several months where Ron Paul hardly went after Romney, just poking him with a stick sometimes, whereas he was throwing political hand grenades at Gingrich, Perry, and the others. Oh well, at least I never sent a single cent to Ron's campaign and PACs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2012, 12:57 PM
 
8,266 posts, read 10,683,962 times
Reputation: 4769
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Thank-YOU and everyone for hanging in and keeping the faith and not buying into the mainstream media propaganda!

Isn't it nice to know that at least we'll have a level playing field in Tampa and it will be pretty hard to fudge the delegates votes there.
Dang it, apparently Ron Paul has also bought into the mainstream media propaganda...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2012, 01:05 PM
 
7,246 posts, read 3,744,980 times
Reputation: 3748
Rand Paul would kill the deal for Rmoney quicker than you can say Palin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2012, 02:03 PM
 
8,487 posts, read 5,887,160 times
Reputation: 1114
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Right now, the alternative media seems to be thinking that Mitch Daniels is going to be VP, while the mainstream media thinks Rand will be. Who knows. With Rand's endorsement and Ron's strategy of covering for Romney during the debates, looks like it might be either those 2. I'm just surprised I didn't see this myself the past several months where Ron Paul hardly went after Romney, just poking him with a stick sometimes, whereas he was throwing political hand grenades at Gingrich, Perry, and the others. Oh well, at least I never sent a single cent to Ron's campaign and PACs
Well I see that as a whole lot of speculation and extrapolation. Not seeing enough evidence to support the RP for MR or the VP stuff. I haven't gotten the idea that MCM thinks Rand will be VP.
Just a few trying to infer some kind of deal.(not surprising, that is what they do.)
Too often Rand is linked with Ron. They are not the same, nor are they joined at the hip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2012, 03:29 PM
 
75 posts, read 33,319 times
Reputation: 16
Everybody needs to calm down… Rand Paul announced his “support” of Mitt Romney… RON PAUL DID NOT DROP OUT AND ENDORSE ROMNEY… This is a strategic move by the Ron Paul campaign… Rand Paul is making a peaceful gesture to the stablishment... because Ron Paul will win the Republican nomination in Tampa.

Ron Paul has enough delegates to force a brokered convention… The Liberty Movement will not give Romney the nomination… Rule 38 will be enforced… Romney will not have enough delegates… Ron Paul will win the nomination on the second ballot…

Read between the lines...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2012, 03:45 PM
 
Location: Texas
26,609 posts, read 11,144,503 times
Reputation: 6102
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Sorry, but I think Alex should have listened to Webster Tarpley. Dr. Tarpley has been saying since January that Ron Paul is a Romney stooge, giving him right cover, while Huntsman was giving Romney left cover. Paul NEVER attacked Romney as savagely as Rick Perry and Gingrich had. You never heard a When Mitt Romney Came to Town from Paul. When I started listening to Dr. Tarpley more closely, it started to make sense. My support for Ron has been diminishing for the past couple months, I've become disillusioned sometime around March, but I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. But, after seeing the unedited versions of the debates with all the candidates talking, just wow. Tarpley was right. Ron Paul is not going to win, and Rand coming out endorsing Romney just seals the deal.
Dr Tarpley made an idiotic statement. He was trying to create a story.
During the debates Ron Paul went after Romney. What were you watching? Pauls campaign also put up a few ads exposing Romneys flip flopping.

Why in the world would Ron Paul be a stooge when he said after this campaign he'd retire if he lost. He has no interest in going back to the House. So Ron Pauls retiring yet he felt a need to sell out? In order to gain what? None of that scenario makes sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2012, 03:46 PM
 
Location: Texas
26,609 posts, read 11,144,503 times
Reputation: 6102
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Dang it, apparently Ron Paul has also bought into the mainstream media propaganda...
Dang it, Slackjaw has also bought into the say anything with nothing to back it up propaganda
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2012, 09:34 PM
 
Location: SC
9,038 posts, read 14,283,762 times
Reputation: 3488
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Sorry, but I think Alex should have listened to Webster Tarpley. Dr. Tarpley has been saying since January that Ron Paul is a Romney stooge, giving him right cover, while Huntsman was giving Romney left cover. Paul NEVER attacked Romney as savagely as Rick Perry and Gingrich had. You never heard a When Mitt Romney Came to Town from Paul. When I started listening to Dr. Tarpley more closely, it started to make sense. My support for Ron has been diminishing for the past couple months, I've become disillusioned sometime around March, but I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. But, after seeing the unedited versions of the debates with all the candidates talking, just wow. Tarpley was right. Ron Paul is not going to win, and Rand coming out endorsing Romney just seals the deal.

I saw that interview with Tarpley late one night in some dark restaurant in
Chantily, VA and I agree with Tarpley regarding the horrible management of the campaign with too many family members involved who aren't competent and that has had a negative impact.

I draw the line though at his accusation that Ron Paul was running interference for Romney. There are plenty of interviews where Paul was asked if he'd ever endorse Romney and Paul has pretty much said probably not because they didn't agree on far too many issues. It is a shame though that he always pointed out then differences during interviews when fare fewer people were watching than during the debates.

I will say that I do feel a little used, having contributed to these last money bombs which were probably just used to pay the incompetents their gross 6 figure salaries.

I remember bringing this up at the beginning of the campaign on another forum that part of the problem in the last campaign was the staff! It turned out in this campaign nothing had changed as far as that went.
Nobody acknowledged my observation then because they probably did not want to believe it. Neither did I want to.

I'm still holding out until Tampa though. No one should throw in the towel yet. If Harding could get nominated in the 10th round of voting with only 34 delegates going in... and later elected as President with as little support as he had, there is a FAR GREATER chance that Ron Paul could be nominated as his support is SO much greater as is the number of delegates he'll have going in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:40 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top