Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2012, 02:51 PM

75 posts, read 40,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Well I guess we're done here then...
I don't see 1144 anywhere... Nor will you see 1144 next to Romney... It will be 1144 next to Ron Paul in Tampa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 06:10 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,409,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Well I guess we're done here then...
Yes slackjaw,that has been the favored delegate source for the "Ron Paul WILL HAVE all the delegates"crowd and when it updateds this weekends results i'm sure it will show Romney with 1144+ vs Paul with 200+.......but it won't matter.Despite that site being promoted for months as gospel truth with the same zeal a baptist preacher promotes the bible,once it even shows Romney with 1144 it will be discarded and discredited as media propaganda too.

In June it should be obvious that if your guy has 200+ delegates and the other guy has 1000+ there just aren't enough places left to make up the difference regardless of the number of bumper stickers you can find for your guy in the walmart parking lot.

Old 06-10-2012, 06:12 PM

75 posts, read 40,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Yes slackjaw,that has been the favored delegate source for the "Ron Paul WILL HAVE all the delegates"crowd and when it updateds this weekends results i'm sure it will show Romney with 1144+ vs Paul with 200+.......but it won't matter.Despite that site being promoted for months as gospel truth with the same zeal a baptist preacher promotes the bible,once it even shows Romney with 1144 it will be discarded and discredited as media propaganda too.

In June it should be obvious that if your guy has 200+ delegates and the other guy has 1000+ there just aren't enough places left to make up the difference regardless of the number of bumper stickers you can find for your guy in the walmart parking lot.
It will be a joy to watch all the "bound" Romney delegates wind up voting for Ron Paul and awarding him the nomination at the convention in Tampa...

Old 06-10-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_M_156 View Post
It will be a joy to watch all the "bound" Romney delegates wind up voting for Ron Paul and awarding him the nomination at the convention in Tampa...
Well I wish I could hang out with you at the convention....i'm sure you would be a joy to watch...when it doesn't happen.

I'm sure after the convention you will be on here,perhaps with a new screenname,telling us about how Ron Paul will win anyway through a write in campaign.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:19 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,151,304 times
Quote:
Despite that site being promoted for months as gospel truth with the same zeal a baptist preacher promotes the bible,once it even shows Romney with 1144 it will be discarded and discredited as media propaganda too.
Funny ain't it?

Kinda like a couple weeks ago when that guy from the Ron Paul campaign acknowledged they don't have the delegates to win he was suddenly attacked by the blind faithful fools as being a loose cannon, a spreader of misinformation, possible sabotage etc. Now that Ron Paul himself is saying the same thing what have they got?

Machts nichts for N_M_156 though, like you said he'll just be hiding behind yet another username so won't be accountable for dumb posts under all the others.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:32 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,896,049 times
Quote:

Think that is a bit of an exaggeration, however probably sounds more fun that way. Inaccuracy and propaganda are too different issues btw. So not all issues with corporate media are about "propaganda".

Guess you will have to go find other sources of entertainment this summer after the election. This thread alone is at about 2000 post.
Virtual flash bombing seems to be pretty cheap, maybe fishing or armadillo hunting? I would not suggest a Walmart parking lot. (lol)

Old 06-10-2012, 10:20 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,151,304 times
Quote:
Despite that site being promoted for months as gospel truth
Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
that site is connected to Ben Swann. His accuracy in regard to reporting has been demonstrated.
(lol)

Old 06-10-2012, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Think that is a bit of an exaggeration, however probably sounds more fun that way. Inaccuracy and propaganda are too different issues btw. So not all issues with corporate media are about "propaganda".

Guess you will have to go find other sources of entertainment this summer after the election. This thread alone is at about 2000 post.
Virtual flash bombing seems to be pretty cheap, maybe fishing or armadillo hunting? I would not suggest a Walmart parking lot. (lol)
Well I don't think its an exaggeration at all the way 'some on here' promoted that site.....you are free to see it differently.Doug Wead,Ben Swann,and Alex Jones were all saints a couple weeks ago and now half of the people on the DailyPaul are trashing them all.His son Rand was a hero...now he is either a traitor or a victim who was blackmailed into endorsing Romney.Ron Paul himself said he doesn't have the delegates to win...which gets spun into "he means on the first ballot" which is clearly NOT what he said.

Yes I suppose I will have to find other entertainment this summer since most of the 'more entertaining posters' haven't been posting lately and arguing with obamabots is boring except in small doses.We don't have armadillos in West Virginia but there are plenty of places to fish.Its only 100 miles from Wash DC so perhaps Ron and Rand will come up since they will have some free time.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:30 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,896,049 times
Quote:
Well I don't think its an exaggeration at all the way 'some on here' promoted that site.....you are free to see it differently.Doug Wead,Ben Swann,and Alex Jones were all saints a couple weeks ago and now half of the people on the DailyPaul are trashing them all.His son Rand was a hero...now he is either a traitor or a victim who was blackmailed into endorsing Romney.Ron Paul himself said he doesn't have the delegates to win...which gets spun into "he means on the first ballot" which is clearly NOT what he said.

Yes I suppose I will have to find other entertainment this summer since most of the 'more entertaining posters' haven't been posting lately and arguing with obamabots is boring except in small doses.We don't have armadillos in West Virginia but there are plenty of places to fish.Its only 100 miles from Wash DC so perhaps Ron and Rand will come up since they will have some free time.
Saints? Seems to be religious theme going. Honestly, have never heard a reference to AJ as a saint. (lol) Yes, people are upset at the way things have been handled. I can say reasonably so. Too many open ended questions. Benton is the only one I really wonder about. Some odd history there. Hiring relatives could be problematic. Also appears to be some "staff" problems in 2008, as well.

I think Swann has attempted to document and research well, so as far as "journalist" go I think he is in a small minority. I appreciate his good work.

Tampa could still prove to be very interesting. I am curious if the venue the RP crowd was seeking from the RNC will be made available. So far, they don't appear to be using it, but didn't want it made available to the RP crowd. Would be good for FL business I would think.

Certainly, the convention could be a welcome distraction if other "negative" topics rear their head. Consumer spending and credit not looking so good. Clinton, Bernanke are already speaking of a looming cliff and even BO joined in. They all seem to be trying to point fingers at "congress". Good Luck with that. JPM seems to be having "larger" issues than previously announced, as well. NM EU drama.

Yeah, well I don't think Rand will be "free", but since we know Ron will be retiring he may have some free time. (lol)

Old 06-12-2012, 10:48 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,385,883 times
I would like to hear directly from Ron Paul as to what he thinks about Rand endorsing Romney.

I also think he should use the time between now and August to initiate bills to REPEAL CISPA and the NDAA and the rest of the evil stuff that has been passed since 2001. He needs to keep the FREEDOM agenda STOKED! People need to get MAD as HE!! and finally realize they not only should not take it any more but that they never should have taken it in the first place!

How many more state conventions are there? I wonder. I hope he keeps speaking at those.

I also hope that enough delegates go who happen to want real FREEDOM so that by hook or crook, he ends up as our next President even if he isn't the Republican nominee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections