Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2012, 10:01 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,385,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I watched it, Emily. I agree with the Major, and have since 2003, when Bush put us into the wars.
I have said the same in many previous posts about Ron Paul.

I also understand Paul's positions on the military, his desire to bring them back home and close our foreign bases, and the need to abstain from more foreign intervention.

The only thing I do not agree with his the closure of our bases overseas. .................................................. .................................................. ..........................................
I'm sticking with the guy who promised to get us out. He lived up to his promise to get Bin Ladin, he lived up to his promise to get out of Iraq, and has lived up to his promise to cripple Al-Quieda, the only real and declared enemy in this mess. Pauls' promises are sincere, but they are only promises; if he was elected, he might not have the means to live up to them.............................................. .................................................. .................................

We will both just have to wait and see.
Huh? You think he lived up to his promise to get Bin Laden? A lot of people think Bin Laden died of kidney disease. (Those silly videos we saw of him were probably made before 9/11 even took place.)There were no pictures and no proof they got Bin Laden.

Let's be honest. We've all been lied to BIG TIME.

Bin Laden had a CIA background and so do a lot of Al Qaeda now who are evidently being paid by our government to go in and stir up trouble in Syria. Our country since the 20th century, has instigated and stirred up more trouble than they have prevented. It is long past time to GET the F out of foreign countries. It doesn't mean we won't have need for just as many troops but let them protect the borders here.

I don't feel more protected by our military being used to go out and start wars in other countries (and I don't want to be forced to pay for it) and if other people found out that is what they are doing, they'd feel the same way. I feel just the opposite- more vulnerable.

Then when you see the heinous things they are doing to the troops using them as pin cushions trying out dangerous vaccines on them which is maiming and killing hundreds of thousands of them.... and costing us MORE money with the escalating medical bills Americans are now saddled with to take care of them ...and denying the vaccines have anything to do with it, it is downright evil. The last thing we should be doing is encouraging more people to join the military if THIS is how they are going to be used to so called "protect" us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
What do you think is going to happen at the RNC? When Romney to save his life couldn't draw a crowd of 500 supporters to hear him speak all of a sudden 1143 delegates will magicaly vote for Romney??? I don't think so.

Ron Paul is still surging. The wave has just expanded to other areas and he is not out of the race.

I think we have to wait until the RNC to find out what happens next.
A huge event, a "major rally" sponsored by the campaign is being planned according to RonPaul2012.com before the RNC.

That should be proof that Ron Paul has not given up leading the liberty movement the good fight for FREEDOM.

Events | Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign CommitteeRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee

Old 07-06-2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
LOL

Well good luck with that.
Have to say, I'd LOVE to see it, but it just ain't gonna happen.
Romney is the GOP candidate and Paul is done.

Ken
I guess you spoke a little too soon. If you really mean you'd LOVE to see it happen then you should be happy about this:

Events | Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign CommitteeRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee

Old 07-06-2012, 10:41 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,211,281 times
Quote:
Huh? You think he lived up to his promise to get Bin Laden? A lot of people think Bin Laden died of kidney disease. (Those silly videos we saw of him were probably made before 9/11 even took place.)There were no pictures and no proof they got Bin Laden.
Well, a lot of people are stupid - what can I say.
Even al-Qaeda & Pakistan are on the same page with us regarding the details of Bin Laden's death.

Ken

Old 07-06-2012, 10:42 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,211,281 times
Quote:
I guess you spoke a little too soon. If you really mean you'd LOVE to see it happen then you should be happy about this:

Go for it.
Cause all the trouble for the GOP you can.
It STILL won't make Paul the GOP candidate - but it will be fun to watch.

Ken

Old 07-06-2012, 01:43 PM

29,167 posts, read 22,137,026 times
Quote:

Let's be honest. We've all been lied to BIG TIME.

Bin Laden had a CIA background and so do a lot of Al Qaeda now who are evidently being paid by our government to go in and stir up trouble in Syria. Our country since the 20th century, has instigated and stirred up more trouble than they have prevented. It is long past time to GET the F out of foreign countries. It doesn't mean we won't have need for just as many troops but let them protect the borders here.

I don't feel more protected by our military being used to go out and start wars in other countries (and I don't want to be forced to pay for it) and if other people found out that is what they are doing, they'd feel the same way. I feel just the opposite- more vulnerable.

Then when you see the heinous things they are doing to the troops using them as pin cushions trying out dangerous vaccines on them which is maiming and killing hundreds of thousands of them.... and costing us MORE money with the escalating medical bills Americans are now saddled with to take care of them ...and denying the vaccines have anything to do with it, it is downright evil. The last thing we should be doing is encouraging more people to join the military if THIS is how they are going to be used to so called "protect" us.
Congratulations. You finally made it to 200 pages.

Emily, if you truly believe the above, and truly believe that Starseed, incarnate of the Indigo Ray & channel for the Galactic Federation of Light and my Star Family from the Ashtar Command, an 11th dimensional Osequeq collective from the Star System Tauri C is a serious source of political news, it starts to make me wonder if you've been chugging down the Kool-Aid.

That post above is a real exercise in delusional paranoia. But I do admire the very high quality tinfoil in your hat!

I also admire your self control. Most others would have jumped the shark long before you did.

Old 07-06-2012, 02:04 PM

29,167 posts, read 22,137,026 times
Cduser, I apologize.
After carefully backtracking through this dismal swamp, I discovered this:

"Our military might have the balls... Rumor has it they won't follow orders to take us away to re-education camps/FEMA camps and that they are sick and tired of being used. This might be an effort already being executed. It might have something to do with why Ron Paul is laying low."

At the time, I mistakenly thought you had posted this, and responded accordingly, but I was wrong. It wasn't you.

It was Emily, She Of The Outer Rings Off The Shoulder Of Orion, Second Princess In Command of the Thorian Armored Light Space Cavalry, and Leader of the First Heroic Leather Lunged Sacrificial Immortals Of The 23rd Tinfoil Brigade.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:11 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,512,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I watched it, Emily. I agree with the Major, and have since 2003, when Bush put us into the wars.
I have said the same in many previous posts about Ron Paul.

I also understand Paul's positions on the military, his desire to bring them back home and close our foreign bases, and the need to abstain from more foreign intervention.

The only thing I do not agree with his the closure of our bases overseas. We have spent the 21st century fighting foes who have no nation, respect no national boundaries, and have no respect for any of the nations they presently inhabit. If we were still opposing the Soviet Union over fixed boundaries, prepared for opposing large invading national armies, I would not even oppose Paul's position on this issue, but we are not in this status anymore.

Our forward bases overseas have allowed us the use of the drones, which have been as effective at killing our enemies, especially in places where they have recently fled to, as boots on the ground, and at much lower human cost.

I still believe our foreign bases will continue to be needed as long as nations like Iran or Syria pose a potential threat to us. We have closed many of our old bases in the past, and we can do the same in the future if we learn there that no threat exists, but for the present, I believe we need them and will continue to need them for a time to come.

My remarks to CDuser were in response to what I took his post to mean- that a group of civilians was urging active military Ron Paul supporters to refuse their orders en masse at one time. By my understanding of the UCMJ- The Uniform Code of Military Justice- this act constitutes mutiny or sedition, the encouragement of mutiny.
Even though CDuser claimed a refusal could be done within legal civilian court procedures, this is not true. Such an event would fall under the first jurisdiction of military justice, not civilian justice. Hence, my reply. As vets, both the good Major and Dr. Paul would agree with me, I'm sure. It's very cut and dried, no matter what CD thinks. The only thing I am not sure of is which provision of the UCMJ would most apply to a mass refusal of orders.

Abusing the use of our military power is nothing new. Using our military properly is very often a cause for heated debate, and that is also nothing new. In both, it is always our soldiers who go in and do the wet work pay the price, and come back hating war. This too, is nothing new.

Even Paul's declarations of pulling out of our present war in Afghanistan is nothing new. Other Presidents and hopefuls have exactly the same in other wars. Our present President lived up to his promise to do so in Iraq, and has set a date when we will withdraw from Afghanistan, against the advice of his Commanders, and has kept to it.
The political realities of war, both domestically and with nations abroad, often contradict a candidate's promises made in a campaign. Getting out is never as simple as going in, and getting out often results in consequences as drastically bad for the country as going in creates.

Just ask the Russians about what happened to them when they suddenly decided to get their butts out of Afghanistan as fast as possible, or ask the British, or ask the French, or read the history of the Greeks or the Mongols. All went in and came out whipped, with their economy badly ruptured from the adventure.

But woulda, shoulda, coulda gets us nothing. Bush sent our soldiers in to fight Al-Quieda, not the Afghanis, but we don't get to any do-overs from the past.

I'm sticking with the guy who promised to get us out. He lived up to his promise to get Bin Ladin, he lived up to his promise to get out of Iraq, and has lived up to his promise to cripple Al-Quieda, the only real and declared enemy in this mess. Pauls' promises are sincere, but they are only promises; if he was elected, he might not have the means to live up to them.

It is all moot now, as Paul won't be the Republican candidate. Just like Senator Eugene McCarthy, the failed Democratic candidate who promised to pull us out of Viet Nam in 1968, we will be left to ponder what could have been, by this time next year.
I expect we will be celebrating our troop's return by then, and you disagree. We will both just have to wait and see.
Everything you say is in support of the Military Industrial Complex that terrorizes countries that won't do as they are told. We are the ones that do not respect sovereignty or borders.
Obama may have to answer for his use of drones strikes as war crimes. We can only hope that this is only the beginning of the end for the police state. This country should be held accountable for the lives of innocents and devastation it has created.

The USA is not a signatory to the International Criminal Court (ICC) or many other international legal forums where legal action might be started. It is, however, part of the International Court of Justice (ICJ) where cases can be initiated by one state against another.
Drone strikes threaten 50 years of international law, says UN rapporteur | World news | guardian.co.uk

The London-based barrister said the issue was moving rapidly up the international agenda after China and Russia this week jointly issued a statement at the UN Human Rights Council, backed by other countries, condemning drone attacks.
http://yourtubenews.ning.com/forum/t...ted-war-crimes-

Old 07-07-2012, 02:02 AM

6,478 posts, read 6,111,234 times
I don't think Ron Paul can win. I support him, he's just what our country needs in my opinion. But he's too old (turns 77 on Aug. 20), and I'm sad to say it, but I don't think his support can rise high enough before he's too old to be President. Rand might have a chance of winning one day. He's 49.

Ultimately, we have to see the direction our country goes in over the next years.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa1992 View Post
I don't think Ron Paul can win. I support him, he's just what our country needs in my opinion. But he's too old (turns 77 on Aug. 20), and I'm sad to say it, but I don't think his support can rise high enough before he's too old to be President. Rand might have a chance of winning one day. He's 49.

Ultimately, we have to see the direction our country goes in over the next years.
If you want to help make sure he is on the ballot like he should be, sign the petition, like I just did, to make sure the duly elected delegates are restored and the provisional ballots are counted in MASSACHUSETTS which we all know Ron Paul won (but as you know the GOP aka Romney is trying to stop it). You don't have to be from MA to sign the petition.

Change.org - Start, Join, and Win Campaigns for Change
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections