Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2011, 12:04 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
At this point in the race national polls are for:
I agree, but since some seem to think the polls are so important, a year away from the actual elections, I figured to bring them up to date where their heros stand at the moment, in particular Dr Paul.
Polls, and I have said this many mnay times here, are not trustworthy unless the numbers from many different sources and leanings. Since anyone taking a poll can manipulate the questions in such a way as to show what they wish, not to mention Who is polled, olls should be viewed with a sceptical eye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 11:18 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
But Ron Paul is surging -- just ask the OP.
The eternal optimism of the OP's mind is to be truly admired ---- or pitied.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:20 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,953,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
The eternal optimism of the OP's mind is to be truly admired ---- or pitied.
there are reasons why he favors legalizing weed.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:21 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
If only you knew how much influence the mainstream media, which flat out ignores Ron Paul, has on the average American. When Cain won the strawpoll in Florida, coverage was non-stop. When Ron Paul won the strawpoll in California, it was not reported.

When Americans begin to turn off the tv, research candidates and think for themselves you will be SHOCKED to see Ron Paul support skyrocket. I see this happening because at this point it is our only choice if we don't want our country to dissolve further into oblivion.
Surely you jest! To the great majority of Americans, turning ON the TV is their research....

Old 11-06-2011, 12:25 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,759,564 times
We have to be honest with ourselves though ... The whole electoral college is rigged, just like the rest of the government. America is in no shape, form or fashion a true democratic republic, at least it isn't anymore(or does anyone really care to argue the fact?).

Even if Dr. Paul, or anyone else for that matter, had the true majority popular vote, and even if that majority were of landslide proportions in his favor, that doesn't mean he would necessarily be elected. The vote of the electors is the only thing that matters, and they are not obliged to vote for the popular consensus of their constituents. They are just as controlled by lobbying as are the officials they eventually elect.

And that is the truth of it, money controls the electoral process just as it does the judicial process and the legislative process, just as it does major and even minor league sports. I really want to believe that there is a way to "vote" or "occupy" our way off of this runaway train on a fast track to hell, but i just don't know ... Lately i am really only seeing one way for this nation, and for the world as a whole for that matter ... and that way seems to end smack dead at a brick wall no matter how i look at it. Where is superman when you need him? May God help us all ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 11-06-2011 at 01:21 PM..

Old 11-06-2011, 12:54 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,017,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
there are reasons why he favors legalizing weed.
There are a lot of folks that favor legalizing marijuana.
It should have never been made illegal in the first
place, for one...

The backwardness of this country ceases to amaze
me.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:24 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
We have to be honest with ourselves though ... The whole electoral college is rigged, just like the rest of the government. America is in no shape, form or fashion a true democratic republic, at least it isn't anymore(or does anyone really care to argue the fact?).

Even if Dr. Paul, or anyone else for that matter, had the true majority popular vote, and even if that majority were of landslide proportions in his favor, that doesn't mean he would necessarily be elected. The vote of the electors is the only thing that matters, and they are not obliged to vote for the popular consensus of their constituents. They are just as controlled by lobbying as are the officials they eventually elect.

And that is the truth of it, money controls the electoral process just as it does the judicial process and the legislative process, just as it does major and even minor league sports. I really want to believe that there is a way to "vote" or "occupy" our way off of this runaway train on a fast track to hell, but i just don't know ... Lately i am really only seeing one way for this nation, and for the world as a whole for that matter ... and that way seems to end smack dead at a brick wall no matter how i look at it. Where is superman when you need him? May God help us all ...
I have heard and read a lot of views on things, but yours is about as over the wall as they get...First of all for Paul to get the majority of the votes he would have to get the nomination: this has nothing to do with the electorial college.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:34 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,759,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I have heard and read a lot of views on things, but yours is about as over the wall as they get...First of all for Paul to get the majority of the votes he would have to get the nomination: this has nothing to do with the electorial college.

Over the wall huh? Indeed ...

Old 11-06-2011, 01:35 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
Ron Paul had a great interview today with Wallace on Fox News Sunday. I believe it plays again at 6pm.

VIDEO: RON PAUL FOX NEWS SUNDAY w/ CHRIS WALLACE

Old 11-06-2011, 01:43 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
We are less free than in the 1960s? What are YOU talking about? In the 60s, there was a draft. If you didn't like the war, too bad. You were going.

You complain about inflation but inflation is nearly non-existent now, within 2%.

Obama's executive orders are well within his designated duties.

The ACA apart from restricting freedom, means you are free from going bankrupt because you can't get health insurance.
Please step away from the pipe.
First of all the inflation rate is calculated much differently in the 60's than it is now. Then the price of such things as food and fuel were calculated into the inflation rate, which now it isn't
Obamas executive orders while they are questionably constitutional are morally wrong. We send our representatives to Congress to take part in the debate, not to do what ever the presidents will is.
Obama care has very little to do with health care and will eventually render our healthcare system into a second class society health care system. GO ask your family physician.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections