U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-06-2011, 03:35 PM
 
Location: Northern CA
12,770 posts, read 9,818,553 times
Reputation: 4243

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Please step away from the pipe.
First of all the inflation rate is calculated much differently in the 60's than it is now. Then the price of such things as food and fuel were calculated into the inflation rate, which now it isn't
Obamas executive orders while they are questionably constitutional are morally wrong. We send our representatives to Congress to take part in the debate, not to do what ever the presidents will is.
Obama care has very little to do with health care and will eventually render our healthcare system into a second class society health care system. GO ask your family physician.
Our gov't is currently spending twice as much as it takes in. Every citizen is $48,000 in debt - I don't feel very secure. U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time
STOP THE SPENDING, you morons!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-06-2011, 03:38 PM
 
Location: Lost in Texas
9,833 posts, read 5,834,889 times
Reputation: 3404
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Our gov't is currently spending twice as much as it takes in. Every citizen is $48,000 in debt - I don't feel very secure. U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time
STOP THE SPENDING, you morons!
I couldn't agree more...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2011, 07:46 PM
 
Location: SC
9,038 posts, read 14,296,829 times
Reputation: 3493
Except for FL Ron Paul really cleans up in the straw polls where people actually vote doesn't he? It makes you wonder why people give any creedence to the private polls at all. So far he's won California, Illinois, Ohio and tied for first in Iowa, right? He would have won Texas but Perry cancelled it because he didn't want to be shown up.

So the conclusion we can draw from this is that Romney and Cain are the front runners????????
I don't THINK so. Not if you call a spade a spade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2011, 08:21 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
5,886 posts, read 4,180,387 times
Reputation: 4161
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Except for FL Ron Paul really cleans up in the straw polls where people actually vote doesn't he? It makes you wonder why people give any creedence to the private polls at all. So far he's won California, Illinois, Ohio and tied for first in Iowa, right? He would have won Texas but Perry cancelled it because he didn't want to be shown up.

So the conclusion we can draw from this is that Romney and Cain are the front runners????????
I don't THINK so. Not if you call a spade a spade.
Don't forget he won the Values Voter Summit and the Federation of Republican Parties straw poll in Iowa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2011, 08:36 PM
 
6,966 posts, read 5,410,586 times
Reputation: 2768
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Except for FL Ron Paul really cleans up in the straw polls where people actually vote doesn't he? It makes you wonder why people give any creedence to the private polls at all. So far he's won California, Illinois, Ohio and tied for first in Iowa, right? He would have won Texas but Perry cancelled it because he didn't want to be shown up.

So the conclusion we can draw from this is that Romney and Cain are the front runners????????
I don't THINK so. Not if you call a spade a spade.
Too funny. You just keep right on chugging, don't you?

I think he can, I think he can...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2011, 08:55 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,302 posts, read 33,652,276 times
Reputation: 14179
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Too funny. You just keep right on chugging, don't you?

I think he can, I think he can...


Because the media lies to you, does not mean the truth cannot be seen by those with no blinders on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2011, 08:58 PM
 
11,336 posts, read 5,937,582 times
Reputation: 3558
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Too funny. You just keep right on chugging, don't you?

I think he can, I think he can...
What's so funny about someone not being a quitter? If you support a candidate and their ideas, and nobody else in the race has similar ideas and a similar supporting record, why on earth would you stop supporting them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2011, 09:07 PM
 
3,335 posts, read 2,253,615 times
Reputation: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
What's so funny about someone not being a quitter? If you support a candidate and their ideas, and nobody else in the race has similar ideas and a similar supporting record, why on earth would you stop supporting them?
BECAUSE, He has NO BETTER CHANCE of winning than you do!! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2011, 09:47 PM
 
6,966 posts, read 5,410,586 times
Reputation: 2768
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Because the media lies to you, does not mean the truth cannot be seen by those with no blinders on.
Yawn....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2011, 11:11 PM
 
Location: Old Mother Idaho
21,295 posts, read 14,293,987 times
Reputation: 15784
Well, all the polls in the world won't mean doodley-squat if Ron Paul wins some of the caucuses and primaries next year. Given how the Republicans have gone for one flavor of the month after another repeatedly over most of this year, I think that sooner or later, Paul may be the another who gets it eventually.
If this happens close enough to Super Tuesday, I think there is a real possibility of his becoming the nominee. I'm not so sure that at this point, anything is unrealistic. If Paul has enough money to get his message out, I believe anything could happen this time around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:47 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top