U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 09-21-2011, 01:14 PM
 
29,990 posts, read 20,014,129 times
Reputation: 12345
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
But emily, Ron Paul wants to make 'US' less safe.

This is just one of his scary proposals. To de-Tooth our Military!
That is a blatant lie propagated by Progressive globalists, RINOs included.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-21-2011, 01:23 PM
 
3,335 posts, read 1,012,863 times
Reputation: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
That is a blatant lie propagated by Progressive globalists, RINOs included.
Not from what I have heard from Paul's own lips. He has indicated he would weaken the US Military.

And check Paul's recent numbers (today's poll results)....Paul is NOT surging. He's dropping fast.

Election 2012: Republican Presidential Primary - Rasmussen Reports™
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2011, 01:44 PM
 
3,964 posts, read 2,055,869 times
Reputation: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Not from what I have heard from Paul's own lips. He has indicated he would weaken the US Military.

And check Paul's recent numbers (today's poll results)....Paul is NOT surging. He's dropping fast.

Election 2012: Republican Presidential Primary - Rasmussen Reports™
A quote would be helpful here.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2011, 01:46 PM
 
3,335 posts, read 1,012,863 times
Reputation: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
A quote would be helpful here.
Doubt there's a need to bother. Paul has dropped to 6th place..
Election 2012: Republican Presidential Primary - Rasmussen Reports™
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2011, 01:48 PM
 
Location: SC
8,560 posts, read 8,579,853 times
Reputation: 2871
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
Careful with those references. Some people who don't understand the economic multiplier effect, business cycle, and might have severe brain damage may actually think "restoring" the nation in our view, is the same as bringing back the wild west.

I know that and we couldn't possibly do that. Ron Paul's vision that he said in a recent interview would be that this country might become a giant Hong Kong or Switzerland with regard to freedom and prosperity. I don't think anyone would object to that. I certainly wouldn't.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2011, 01:50 PM
 
3,335 posts, read 1,012,863 times
Reputation: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I know that and we couldn't possibly do that. Ron Paul's vision that he said in a recent interview would be that this country might become a giant Hong Kong or Switzerland with regard to freedom and prosperity. I don't think anyone would object to that. I certainly wouldn't.

Have you seen today's numbers for Ron Paul?
Election 2012: Republican Presidential Primary - Rasmussen Reports™
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2011, 01:53 PM
 
Location: SC
8,560 posts, read 8,579,853 times
Reputation: 2871
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Not from what I have heard from Paul's own lips. He has indicated he would weaken the US Military.

And check Paul's recent numbers (today's poll results)....Paul is NOT surging. He's dropping fast.

Election 2012: Republican Presidential Primary - Rasmussen Reports™

He just won the straw poll in the biggest state in the Union. That is hardly 'dropping fast". If he was "dropping fast", why is Rick Perry or the GOP so scared of him that they cancelled the Texas straw poll?

You can't go by Rassmussen. Go by people who actually vote in polls!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2011, 02:00 PM
 
Location: SC
8,560 posts, read 8,579,853 times
Reputation: 2871
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post

Quality Guy, You are coming out with the most preposterous statements lately! How could anyone in this country want a weak national defense? In fact the ONLY thing Ron Paul thinks the government should be involved in just about IS national defense! Imagine how strong and well protected we'd be if we actually had some of our troops here on our own soil? Ever thought about that? We'd have a FAR STRONGER military with President Paul than we've had in decades!

Regarding polls, if the truth be told, there is more hard evidence to support the fact that Ron Paul is the Front-Runner in first place now.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2011, 02:08 PM
 
3,335 posts, read 1,012,863 times
Reputation: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Quality Guy, You are coming out with the most preposterous statements lately! How could anyone in this country want a weak national defense? In fact the ONLY thing Ron Paul thinks the government should be involved in just about IS national defense! Imagine how strong and well protected we'd be if we actually had some of our troops here on our own soil? Ever thought about that? We'd have a FAR STRONGER military with President Paul than we've had in decades!

Regarding polls, if the truth be told, there is more hard evidence to support the fact that Ron Paul is the Front-Runner in first place now.
Emily...to quote you >>You are coming out with the most preposterous statements lately!

Paul is losing badly. WAKE UP.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2011, 02:09 PM
 
3,964 posts, read 2,055,869 times
Reputation: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Doubt there's a need to bother. Paul has dropped to 6th place..
Election 2012: Republican Presidential Primary - Rasmussen Reports™
No need to bother? So there is no need to prove what you say is true when you intentionally try to make someone look bad? Again, more good Christian values there...not sure if I'd consider it slander or just flat out lying, but that doesn't seem like something Jebus would like either way.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top