U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2011, 10:21 AM

12,770 posts, read 9,806,924 times

Advertisements

Such a deal, we can get T shirts for 8.99, bumper stickers are inexpensive too.
Ron Paul 2012 for President RonPaulProducts.com Wristbands Shirts Bumperstickers Car Decals Stickers Buttons Signs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 11:33 AM

9,038 posts, read 14,280,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Cain top choice in new ISU/Gazette/KCRG Poll, but voters have not made up their mind | www.news.iastate.edu

New poll out has Ron at 20.4%! This confirms the other Iowa poll that had him at 19%, the surge is real. For those wondering why Newt is so low, this poll was conducted from Nov 1- Nov 13. The Cain meltdown really accelerated the past few days, so in future polls Newt will probably grab a large portion of those fleeing the Cain Train, and maybe some of the undecided. Ron's definitely top tier.
It makes you wonder about American's ability to judge character and competence in a potential president when you see Cain still doing as well as he supposedly is. Cain and Paul are like night and day when it comes to knowledge and competence and integrity. Yet they are supposedly even in the polls. If the truth shall set you free, a lot of Americans backing Cain and Gingrich for that matter (with all his assorted baggage and connection to banksters) are still in prison.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:37 AM

7,374 posts, read 7,383,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Yea like the ones who constantly repeat the lie of Ron Paul being an isolationist.
Wow, the truth being heard on FOX news, pigs are flying somewhere in the world.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:39 AM

9,038 posts, read 14,280,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I am not parroting the media, in fact, I have not even heard the media say such a thing, I figured it out on my own by looking at his ideas when it comes to the Military and his current ideas on world economics. You do know some of us here can actually figure out the issues and the validity of ideas all by our selves without some talking head feeding us BS, don't ya. The GOP WILL not pick Paul, but that is your right to cling to your hope until they take that hope away.
If you think about it, our current policy is FAR MORE ISOLATIONIST than what Ron Paul advocates (or what President Bush advocated when he first ran for President). Currently we are just attacking any country President Obama's spirit moves him to attack. Doing that doesn't exactly "endear" us to those countries or other countries seeing us do it. It has been that way for a long time too but it just hasn't been so IN YOUR FACE like it is now.

It isn't too hard to imagine that we might become a lot better liked if we didn't act like such bullies and instead just traded with other countries and didn't take the liberty to occupy them and bomb their civilians. I don't see how any thinking person could justify that the bully approach that we've been using makes us any better off in any way shape or form.

Last edited by emilybh; 11-18-2011 at 12:00 PM..

Old 11-18-2011, 02:39 PM

22,556 posts, read 16,704,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
If you think about it, our current policy is FAR MORE ISOLATIONIST than what Ron Paul advocates (or what President Bush advocated when he first ran for President). Currently we are just attacking any country President Obama's spirit moves him to attack. Doing that doesn't exactly "endear" us to those countries or other countries seeing us do it. It has been that way for a long time too but it just hasn't been so IN YOUR FACE like it is now.

It isn't too hard to imagine that we might become a lot better liked if we didn't act like such bullies and instead just traded with other countries and didn't take the liberty to occupy them and bomb their civilians. I don't see how any thinking person could justify that the bully approach that we've been using makes us any better off in any way shape or form.
Dangit. Can't rep you yet. This is one of those times I dislike the rep thingie limit on CD. I get it, but I don't always like it because posts go without the recognition they deserve.

Old 11-18-2011, 03:44 PM
pth

274 posts, read 337,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post

Isn't it interesting that a concept that seems to be common-sense is so hard to understand for alot of people? It's mind-blowing. When I finished up rp's book I literally said outloud..."THIS WHOLE BOOK IS JUST COMMON SENSE"

My generation only knows big government..which is why, for me even, rp's beliefs are still hard to grasp even though I support him all the way.

Old 11-18-2011, 03:56 PM

5,886 posts, read 4,175,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
That is untrue. But I do agree that the GOP has used this tactic for years and it always works with the sheeple that do not have the ability or drive to look into to things themselves and formulate their own opinion. It is why right-wing talking heads do so well with a certain segment of our society
Right, and they've fooled you just as thoroughly. You're the one who keeps popping off about Ron and his "isolationist" beliefs.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Right, and they've fooled you just as thoroughly. You're the one who keeps popping off about Ron and his "isolationist" beliefs.
That's because he/she doesn't actually understand what isolationism is, like probably most of the people who say that about Dr. Paul. They just parrot what they have heard others say and do not have any actual understanding when it comes to the difference between isolationism and non-interventionism.

Lets let the Good Dr., congressman Ron Paul, explain the basic differences between the three foreign policy philosophies of Isolationism, interventionism, and non-interventionism ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kf6CjcJBeM

Old 11-18-2011, 05:58 PM

66,124 posts, read 33,555,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
That's because he/she doesn't actually understand what isolationism is, like probably most of the people who say that about Dr. Paul. They just parrot what they have heard others say and do not have any actual understanding when it comes to the difference between isolationism and non-interventionism.

Lets let the Good Dr., congressman Ron Paul, explain the basic differences between the three foreign policy philosophies of Isolationism, interventionism, and non-interventionism ...

Isolationism vs Non-Interventionism: Ron paul Explains - YouTube

In 2 days they will insist that they didn't see that, right from the guy they will call an isolationist again.

Keep that one bookmarked!
I have started doing that for all the misinformation flying about Dr. Ron Paul.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
That wont help him when he is smoking perry pole trying to get a VP spot in two months.
Your post above shows your ignorance where the good Dr. is concerned ... Dr. Paul is a man of character and principles, i doubt that he would accept an offer for VP or even a cabinet position from any of the present candidates should they win the election. However, i could stand corrected should he be offered the position as secretary of state, but we all know that isn't going to happen.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 11-18-2011 at 07:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or