Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2011, 01:07 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Then tell him to run on a 'Libertarian ticket.' Conservative Republicans are NOT going to support a libertarian whose ways are far 'left.' >>You should realize that fact by now!!
So you think Ronald Reagan should have ran as a Libertarian. Also, for the umpteenth time, there's a difference between small "l" libertarians and the Libertarian Party. The GOP party is a party with a rich history libertarianism and non-intervention. As a 23 year old I really shouldn't have to lecture people likely old enough to be my father on history but I find this is frequently the case.

I suggest you read the text of Ronald Reagan, the so called "greatest Republican President" to ever live, and his speeches because many of them sound like he could have been running for the Libertarian party nomination. I suggest you research Barry Goldwater and how his philosophy shaped the GOP for many decades and his influence culminated in the Reagan Presidency. Going further back still I suggest you read a biography of "Mr. Republican" Senator Robert Taft. You could also research Calvin Coolidge who was Ronald Reagan's hero. I would also recommend researching GOP opposition to the New Deal and FDR. There was once a time when the Republican Party was the party of small government and swore to dismantle the New Deal. Now you have Newt Gingrich a "front runner" for the GOP nomination who is on record defending the New Deal and points to FDR as an idol of his.

Only someone so utterly confused as you would equate Ron Paul's defense of liberty and non-intervention (two historically conservative and very much Republican) as "far left." In the crazy Orwellian world in which our mainstream politics operate war is peace, slavery is freedom, and left is right. Interventionist foreign policy and domestic policy are PROGRESSIVE ideas. It's only because the GOP was hijacked by Trotskyists, and Marxists (now labeled neocons) that you believe that being world police and sugar daddy to the US population are conservative Republican ideals. Ron Paul is the most Republican person running and the only true conservative. History and reality are on my side. You have the MSM for now and revisionist history but you can't defeat reality by wishing it wasn't so. Soon we'll go bankrupt and have to retreat from our empire and your neoconservative ideas will be fully exposed for the frauds they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2011, 01:48 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
So you think Ronald Reagan should have ran as a Libertarian. Also, for the umpteenth time, there's a difference between small "l" libertarians and the Libertarian Party. The GOP party is a party with a rich history libertarianism and non-intervention. As a 23 year old I really shouldn't have to lecture people likely old enough to be my father on history but I find this is frequently the case.

I suggest you read the text of Ronald Reagan, the so called "greatest Republican President" to ever live, and his speeches because many of them sound like he could have been running for the Libertarian party nomination. I suggest you research Barry Goldwater and how his philosophy shaped the GOP for many decades and his influence culminated in the Reagan Presidency. Going further back still I suggest you read a biography of "Mr. Republican" Senator Robert Taft. You could also research Calvin Coolidge who was Ronald Reagan's hero. I would also recommend researching GOP opposition to the New Deal and FDR. There was once a time when the Republican Party was the party of small government and swore to dismantle the New Deal. Now you have Newt Gingrich a "front runner" for the GOP nomination who is on record defending the New Deal and points to FDR as an idol of his.

Only someone so utterly confused as you would equate Ron Paul's defense of liberty and non-intervention (two historically conservative and very much Republican) as "far left." In the crazy Orwellian world in which our mainstream politics operate war is peace, slavery is freedom, and left is right. Interventionist foreign policy and domestic policy are PROGRESSIVE ideas. It's only because the GOP was hijacked by Trotskyists, and Marxists (now labeled neocons) that you believe that being world police and sugar daddy to the US population are conservative Republican ideals. Ron Paul is the most Republican person running and the only true conservative. History and reality are on my side. You have the MSM for now and revisionist history but you can't defeat reality by wishing it wasn't so. Soon we'll go bankrupt and have to retreat from our empire and your neoconservative ideas will be fully exposed for the frauds they are.
Hilarious!! First off, you make a speculative wrong guess that I am old enough to be you daddy. WRONG, SONNY! Guess I am young enough to be your brother...but NO WAY that's possible, Thank Goodness!

Look pal, you don't need to lecture me, PERIOD! Because I simply stand OPPOSED to a Libertarian, Paul, being the 'R' nominee....does not at all make me a Republican. I AM NOT! Perhaps if your perceptive ability was keen....you would have known that.

You have wasted your falsely riddled rant! I couldn't care less how badly you've mis-Judged my ideals, etc., and attemped to tie me to any dispectable political party, i.e. Republican and Democrat. That's your problem...not mine!!

Old 11-26-2011, 03:51 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
What? Paul's judgment is not sound NOW...nor ever has been!

Didn't you hear David Gergen in that clip...say Libertarians are happy with Paul in that debate? Gergen worked for Reagan....I think he knows a Republican from a libertarian. Paul is a LIBERTARIAN.

Your 'dog' just plain won't hunt, ma'am!!
David Gergen is an idiot, I don't care what he has to say.

Old 11-26-2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
David Gergen is an idiot, I don't care what he has to say.
LOL - You are funny! But, Gergen does know the difference between a Libertarian and a Republican!

Old 11-26-2011, 04:43 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,086 times
Quote:
Hilarious!! First off, you make a speculative wrong guess that I am old enough to be you daddy. WRONG, SONNY! Guess I am young enough to be your brother...but NO WAY that's possible, Thank Goodness!

Look pal, you don't need to lecture me, PERIOD! Because I simply stand OPPOSED to a Libertarian, Paul, being the 'R' nominee....does not at all make me a Republican. I AM NOT! Perhaps if your perceptive ability was keen....you would have known that.

You have wasted your falsely riddled rant! I couldn't care less how badly you've mis-Judged my ideals, etc., and attemped to tie me to any dispectable political party, i.e. Republican and Democrat. That's your problem...not mine!!
If you're not a Republican then why do you care so much who wins the Republican nomination? If you're not a Republican, why do care so much about making sure an "ideologically pure" Republican gets the nomination?

You not being a Republican.. yeah I call:

Old 11-26-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
If you're not a Republican then why do you care so much who wins the Republican nomination? If you're not a Republican, why do care so much about making sure an "ideologically pure" Republican gets the nomination?

You not being a Republican.. yeah I call:
I care very much, as a citizen of the USA, who becomes the next POTUSA!!! Duh..

Ron Paul is a kooky maniac type. I resist his trying to deceive the public by running as a Republican when he is a Libertarian!

Buy, of course...this is needless Nonsense. Paul is not going anywhere but home!

Old 11-26-2011, 05:40 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:

Ron Paul is a kooky maniac type.

If he bugs you as much as he does and you are an Obamabot...

Old 11-26-2011, 08:23 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times
Here's an article from the Boston Globe

"Paul's non-interventionist views make him a Republican maverick"

By Shira Schoenberg, Globe Correspondent

CONCORD, N.H. - When presidential candidate Ron Paul looks for a Republican model of foreign policy, he looks to Robert Taft – the Ohio senator who opposed US intervention in World War II. He looks to Howard Buffett, a Nebraska representative who criticized the US role in the Korean War.

Ask him for a model in the party today, and Paul is vague. “We have a coalition in Washington,” Paul said yesterday. “It tends to be bipartisan.” Paul added that President George W. Bush’s advocacy of a “humble foreign policy” was promising, until Bush walked back on it..........

Paul’s non-interventionist views make him a Republican maverick - Political Intelligence - A national political and campaign blog from The Boston Globe - Boston.com (http://www.boston.com/Boston/politicalintelligence/2011/11/paul-non-interventionist-views-make-him-republican-maverick/yyNX6oKu1YXHKRZhdqS00H/index.html - broken link)

Based on some of the conclusions of this article, Democrats don't mind wars --- as long as they are started by Democrat presidents. Is this sad or what? Don't people care about PEACE any more???

Old 11-26-2011, 08:32 PM

Ron Paul is winning over Democrats in Florida according to this...

Ron Paul continues to win partisan Democratic voters - Tampa Bay Social Issues | Examiner.com

“Today it seems too easy that our Government and our congresses are willing to give up our liberty for security. I have a fundamental belief that we can have security and liberty without sacrificing our Bill Of Rights.” - Ron Paul from CNN Foreign Policy debate.

From his campaigns pamphlet; below is a list of actions Ron Paul wishes to accomplish if elected:
  • Phase out the IRS,
  • End the Income Tax,
  • Bring all Troops Home,
  • Stop Foreign Aide,
  • End the War on Drugs,
  • Repeal Patriot Act,
  • End Foreign Wars,
  • Return spending to 2006 levels,
  • Take a yearly pay of $39,000 (equivalent to the average American wage)
[LEFT]
Continue reading on Examiner.com Ron Paul continues to win partisan Democratic voters - Tampa Bay Social Issues | Examiner.com Ron Paul continues to win partisan Democratic voters - Tampa Bay Social Issues | Examiner.com
[/LEFT]

Old 11-26-2011, 08:36 PM

Opinion: Romney will lose Iowa, Paul can win

By Brent Budowsky - 11/25/11 08:57 AM ET

Willard M. Romney, better known as Mitt, will lose Iowa because when Iowa Republicans meet on caucus night conservatives will tend to unite in each community behind the conservative candidate who can defeat Romney in that community.

Ron Paul can win Iowa because his supporters are very highly motivated and his campaign is very highly organized. He will outperform his rising poll numbers.

It is conceivable that Romney comes in third in Iowa.
I am predicting that Romney will lose Iowa. I am not predicting who will win Iowa, because that depends on which candidate conservatives ultimately unite behind on caucus night. Most likely it would be Newt Gingrich in an attempt by conservatives to make Gingrich the final alternative to Romney long term, or it could be Paul, or Michele Bachmann.

Paul is an interesting wild card in Iowa. He can win Iowa, and if for some reason Newt falls back, I suspect he will win........

Read the rest... Opinion: Romney will lose Iowa, Paul can win - The Hill's Pundits Blog
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections