Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2011, 05:46 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,408,489 times

Advertisements

I think this is a new campaign ad. I think it is great with clips of all his competitors saying they agree with Ron Paul.

The Consistent Candidate: Ron Paul 2012 - YouTube

P.S. Off Topic -Have any of you ever had rep points given and then taken away? On "MY SETTINGS", I've noticed a weeks worth that once were posted are now gone. Has that ever happened to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 07:11 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,873,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Saying he talks to much and or babbles is not a personal attack?

One thing is for certain, if Obama represents the "dems", then Ron Paul has 4 years of lies and betrayal of the American peoples trust to pull from in retaliation.

Do all democrats lie as much as Obama? Do you all renege on your promises at the last minute?

Why don't go ahead and give us a demonstration, some small example of how the Dems would "tear him a new one" and expose his ideas for "what they really are".

I am waiting with baited breath ... If Ron Paul was elected president, what would happen in your opinion?
I do not recall saying he babbles. I have said he talks too much, simply because when he does he gives the voters more insight to his ideas which most reject, not a good political move on his part. So, no, I do not consider it a personal attack, in fact I have stated I thought he seemed like a nice guy.
I am sure you were not a supporter of Obama, because anyone that would say he (Obama) lied or betrayed the American People never has looked at the facts in an open minded way. You do seem to overlook the promises he has kept and continues to keep.
I would say Dems lie no less or more than Repubs, sorry to disappoint but I am not a Democrat.
His dismantling of the EPA, The Dept of Education, The FDA, the FED, his Isolationist stand on world economics and the use of the military, and is not new idea to get around R vrs W by sending it to the states which would in some states which would take away the right of Millions of American women to make their own chioices. Those are just a few and I can assure you the vast Majority of Americans would not support his ideas.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:16 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,873,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
They aren't isolationist. Will you stop parroting the media and check the facts? The point is, people are supposedly moving to NH because they want to "Live Free". Romney is hardly advocating freedom with his ideas.
I am not parroting the media, in fact, I have not even heard the media say such a thing, I figured it out on my own by looking at his ideas when it comes to the Military and his current ideas on world economics. You do know some of us here can actually figure out the issues and the validity of ideas all by our selves without some talking head feeding us BS, don't ya. The GOP WILL not pick Paul, but that is your right to cling to your hope until they take that hope away.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:21 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,318,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Cain top choice in new ISU/Gazette/KCRG Poll, but voters have not made up their mind | www.news.iastate.edu

New poll out has Ron at 20.4%! This confirms the other Iowa poll that had him at 19%, the surge is real. For those wondering why Newt is so low, this poll was conducted from Nov 1- Nov 13. The Cain meltdown really accelerated the past few days, so in future polls Newt will probably grab a large portion of those fleeing the Cain Train, and maybe some of the undecided. Ron's definitely top tier.
In Iowa....

Old 11-17-2011, 08:17 AM

1,440 posts, read 1,166,114 times
Quote:
Cain top choice in new ISU/Gazette/KCRG Poll, but voters have not made up their mind | www.news.iastate.edu

New poll out has Ron at 20.4%! This confirms the other Iowa poll that had him at 19%, the surge is real. For those wondering why Newt is so low, this poll was conducted from Nov 1- Nov 13. The Cain meltdown really accelerated the past few days, so in future polls Newt will probably grab a large portion of those fleeing the Cain Train, and maybe some of the undecided. Ron's definitely top tier.
Off-topic -- It kind of scares me that Santorum has any support.

Anyway, this is good news. Nice to see a lot of people don't just listen to mainstream news.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:30 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,731,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I am sure you were not a supporter of Obama, because anyone that would say he (Obama) lied or betrayed the American People never has looked at the facts in an open minded way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF3MC-TkpRQ

7 Lies In Under 2 Minutes - YouTube

Obama's Insane Lies - YouTube

Obama, Which One Did You Vote For? - YouTube

Obama is a pathological liar, the dude even goes so far as to make up $h!+ just to impress people!

And you support him ...

Doesn't say much for your credibility does it?

Quote:
His dismantling of the EPA, The Dept of Education, The FDA, the FED, his Isolationist stand on world economics and the use of the military, and is not new idea to get around R vrs W by sending it to the states which would in some states which would take away the right of Millions of American women to make their own chioices. Those are just a few and I can assure you the vast Majority of Americans would not support his ideas.
I asked you how he would destroy the country, and what you predict would happen in America if he were elected. You have failed to answer either of those questions but instead have simply stated some of his positions which you disagree with, none of which would destroy this country.

It is apparent that you don't really care about balancing the budget or cutting spending and getting out of debt. It is obvious you don't care about the fact that our currency is devaluing and that prices are rising and that even with everything Obama has promised and claims to have accomplished, unemployment is rising and the middle class is being utterly destroyed.

You must like living on government aid and using your food stamps card in the grocery store ...

Why work when you can be lazy and get fat on the federal tit?

Why should the American people cut spending and pay their debts when the government never does?

Let me ask you a question, when you are broke and have creditors calling do you go first to the bank to get another line of credit and then to the mall and have a shopping spree? and then after you have spent it all do you just turn around and do it again?

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 11-17-2011 at 02:15 PM..

Old 11-17-2011, 04:36 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,960,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I do not recall saying he babbles. I have said he talks too much, simply because when he does he gives the voters more insight to his ideas which most reject, not a good political move on his part. So, no, I do not consider it a personal attack, in fact I have stated I thought he seemed like a nice guy.
I am sure you were not a supporter of Obama, because anyone that would say he (Obama) lied or betrayed the American People never has looked at the facts in an open minded way. You do seem to overlook the promises he has kept and continues to keep.
I would say Dems lie no less or more than Repubs, sorry to disappoint but I am not a Democrat.
If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth

Old 11-17-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
In Iowa....
Which is the first state to vote....

Old 11-17-2011, 04:49 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,318,913 times
Quote:
Which is the first state to vote....
And has a big 7 electoral votes....

National, FOX, 11/13 - 11/15: Romney 22, Cain 15, Perry 7, Paul 8, Bachmann 6, Gingrich 23, Santorum 2, Huntsman 3
http://www.nationalpolls.com/national.html

See Paul surge.
Surge, Paul, surge.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
And has a big 7 electoral votes....

National, FOX, 11/13 - 11/15: Romney 22, Cain 15, Perry 7, Paul 8, Bachmann 6, Gingrich 23, Santorum 2, Huntsman 3
http://www.nationalpolls.com/national.html

See Paul surge.
Surge, Paul, surge.
Yeah I'll care about national polls when we have a national primary. I'll let you look up what day and time the "National Primary" is...I'll give you a headstart, there isn't one. Ron's running a strong second in Iowa and New Hampshire, the first two states to vote. By the way, since you seem to be in the dark, we're discussing the GOP PRIMARY race, you know, the contest in which Republicans compete to see who will win the nomination and compete in the General Election. The GOP nominating process doesn't use "electoral votes" so be careful, you're ignorance is showing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections