Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2012, 07:39 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
This was a tough interview Ron Paul did, just before he went to UCLA. I think it's worth a watch.

Revolutionary Politics::Revolutionary Politics : Ron Paul ~ The Philosophy I\'m Talking About Brings People Together. Liberty & The Constitution (http://revolutionarypolitics.tv/video/viewVideo.php?video_id=18469 - broken link)

I love it how all interviews with Ron, the spin starts and Ron sets them straight.

This interview, was full of educating the interviewer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 09:57 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I love it how all interviews with Ron, the spin starts and Ron sets them straight.

This interview, was full of educating the interviewer.
Paul made a good point when he said that a lot of independents and democrats don't want to register as Republicans to vote in the primary. He is the only candidate that has that broad support base.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:21 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times
If this isn't SURGING, what is???

Ron Paul IS BEATING Romney/ The media LIES! Watch This! - YouTube

Old 04-09-2012, 11:05 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Gonna have to be a hell of a surge this late in the game.
When I see Paul filling a 20,000 seat arena, I'll change my opinion, but until then, I don't think he has a snowball's chance in the hot country of getting the nomination.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Gonna have to be a hell of a surge this late in the game.
When I see Paul filling a 20,000 seat arena, I'll change my opinion, but until then, I don't think he has a snowball's chance in the hot country of getting the nomination.
You may be right, but he will have influence!

Money bomb, lots of delegates in Texas.
New ad for Texans.
Tax Day Money Bomb! *** April 15th *** (http://pledge.ronpaul2012.com/mbpledge_tdmb.html - broken link)

I'd say this is a battle between Paul and Romney, the rest can drop out.
I'd like to see them name their VP choice now. Paul will have somebody brilliant, like Napolitano, Romney will have Huckabee or some other insider that will hurt him, I hope.

Old 04-10-2012, 01:47 PM

I hadn't given these ideas much credence, but maybe this is the game plan. If Romney had Rand as VP, he'd probably get my support.

Easy: Ron Paul has taken out an insurance policy. Mitt Romney has guaranteed Paul Senior that Paul Junior will be his nominee because he knows that if he stabs the Pauls in the back, Ron will simply run third party and torpedo any chance Mitt may have at the White House. This way, Ron is guaranteed that Mitt won't back down from his promise, and Mitt is guaranteed Ron won't spin-off and run as an independent. It also gives Ron the only thing he ever really wanted: influence in the party.

Read more: Articles: The Deal Between Romney and Paul?

Old 04-10-2012, 02:20 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,193,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
If this isn't SURGING, what is???
Not surging = A youtube video showing a gaggle of Ron Paul fans
Surging = suddenly winning more votes than he has been

You're welcome.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:05 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Not surging = A youtube video showing a gaggle of Ron Paul fans
Surging = suddenly winning more votes than he has been

You're welcome.
Now that Santorum is out Paul surges up to third place and once Newt drops out Paul will surge up to second place, and then the distance between Romney and Paul will be even more glaring and far too difficult for even his biggest fans to ignore or discount. If Paul were half way smart he would call it a day and stop spending peoples money on a no win situation, I did say IF, didn't I

Old 04-10-2012, 03:23 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
the distance between Romney and Paul will be even more glaring and far too difficult for even his biggest fans to ignore or discount.
Your right, Romney did beat Paul in VA by 19% points - where it was just the
two of them. But can Romney repeat that, in let's say CA? Doubtful.

Paul and Romney are friendly for many reasons. Mutual respect is one of them.
I would guess from a political stand point, Mitt has the most to loose, if he
looses Paul supporters, don't you think.....

Old 04-10-2012, 03:59 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,929,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I hadn't given these ideas much credence, but maybe this is the game plan. If Romney had Rand as VP, he'd probably get my support.

Easy: Ron Paul has taken out an insurance policy. Mitt Romney has guaranteed Paul Senior that Paul Junior will be his nominee because he knows that if he stabs the Pauls in the back, Ron will simply run third party and torpedo any chance Mitt may have at the White House. This way, Ron is guaranteed that Mitt won't back down from his promise, and Mitt is guaranteed Ron won't spin-off and run as an independent. It also gives Ron the only thing he ever really wanted: influence in the party.

Read more: Articles: The Deal Between Romney and Paul?
I don't put much credit to this. If it was so I don't think Rand would make much of an impact w/ Mitt at the helm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections