Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 07:24 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,408,647 times

Advertisements

I'm not liking the Rick Perry smirk but like another poster stated, I will vote for any candidate opposing Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 07:29 PM

Location: The bustling, world-renowned downtown of Pataskala, OH
188 posts, read 197,824 times
Romney is a donkey in an elephant suit.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:36 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,914,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
I jumped for joy when Perry announced. I thought "finally a candidate that will stop the lunatic fringe of the party from sinking us in November". I was glad. But the more Perry talks and the more the other candidates point things out about him, the more I am having second thoughts about whether this guy is really as great as I thought he was. His record looks great. 10 years experience as an executive of a state that has a robust growing economy and is doing pretty well. But then when he says things like calling Social Security a Ponzi scheme (I agree but that is not going to get him elected in November) and saying that Christianity is the religion that should guide the country (NOT in agreement), quite frankly the man is beginning to sound more like Bachman and less like somebody moderate enough to win a general election. And then Bachman brought out the vaccination mandate that Perry issued by executive fiat which resulted in some teenagers becoming mentally retarded, I am honestly turned off. I don't know how he can stand there and carp about Obamacare with a record like that. I am really swinging back to Romney at this point.
Why have you eliminated fiscal and Constitutional Conservatives from your candidate list?

Perry and Romney both are huge central planning, big government Progressives.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:44 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,876,885 times
Quote:
I jumped for joy when Perry announced. I thought "finally a candidate that will stop the lunatic fringe of the party from sinking us in November". I was glad. But the more Perry talks and the more the other candidates point things out about him, the more I am having second thoughts about whether this guy is really as great as I thought he was. His record looks great. 10 years experience as an executive of a state that has a robust growing economy and is doing pretty well. But then when he says things like calling Social Security a Ponzi scheme (I agree but that is not going to get him elected in November) and saying that Christianity is the religion that should guide the country (NOT in agreement), quite frankly the man is beginning to sound more like Bachman and less like somebody moderate enough to win a general election. And then Bachman brought out the vaccination mandate that Perry issued by executive fiat which resulted in some teenagers becoming mentally retarded, I am honestly turned off. I don't know how he can stand there and carp about Obamacare with a record like that. I am really swinging back to Romney at this point.
What does Romney offer?

Old 09-14-2011, 07:46 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,320,596 times
Ron Paul 2012!

Old 09-14-2011, 07:48 PM

Location: The bustling, world-renowned downtown of Pataskala, OH
188 posts, read 197,824 times
no doubt. who the hell decided these 2 are the ones we have to choose from, media?, opinion(making) polls? herman cain would wipe obama's a$$ all over the floor in a debate. what about santorum? 5 of the 8 current candidates pass my ''conservative test'' yet im told 2 of the 3 that are closet statists are the only ''viable picks''(huntsman being the other).

Old 09-14-2011, 07:53 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,948,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Why have you eliminated fiscal and Constitutional Conservatives from your candidate list?

Perry and Romney both are huge central planning, big government Progressives.
Because beating Oblama is more important than ideological purity. And yes, if Ron Paul, Santorum or Gumby wins the GOP nomination I will probably vote for that person/cartoon to get rid of Oblama.

Although if by some miracle it is Paul, I would have a hard time voting for an isolationist who borders on anti-semitism.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:53 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,408,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by egamakaded idiut View Post
no doubt. who the hell decided these 2 are the ones we have to choose from, media?, opinion(making) polls? herman cain would wipe obama's a$$ all over the floor in a debate. what about santorum? 5 of the 8 current candidates pass my ''conservative test'' yet im told 2 of the 3 that are closet statists are the only ''viable picks''(huntsman being the other).
The RNC and the media have made the race about Perry and Romney.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:54 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,520,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
For all the criticism of President Obama--and I suspect there's more of it here on the internet than there is in the real world--the most often overlooked sign comes directly from none other than the Republican Party.

You'll notice that the GOP never puts up a strong, legitimate candidate in an election they don't think they're going to win. (Last year, for example, nobody questioned the likelihood of Andrew Cuomo winning the governorship of New York. His Republican opposition? A ranting, Tea Party-style wacko who didn't have an icicle's chance in hell of victory).

Now take a look at the people being hyped as "contenders" for the Republican nomination in 2012. The party itself doesn't think it can beat the President in an election...and so, consistent with its past history, it isn't actually going to try.
100% the truth

The Republican Presidential candidates have been like a parade of rejects from Rodeo Clown School.....Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, Donald Trump, Herman Cain, Rick Perry, Newt Gingrich, Mitt Romney, Tim Paelenty, Ron Paul....its laughable

If this is what the RNC considers the "Cream of the Crop" then they should just forfeit the "game" now because they have a complete loser line-up.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:59 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,225,940 times
Quote:
...quite frankly the man is beginning to sound more like Bachman and less like somebody moderate enough to win a general election.
You're right, Perry resembles Bachmann much more than a moderate Republican. He most reminds me of Bush the "compassionate conservative", but without the compassion. Only Romney and Huntsman seem moderate.

Quote:
And then Bachman brought out the vaccination mandate that Perry issued by executive fiat which resulted in some teenagers becoming mentally retarded, I am honestly turned off.
I don't think there's been any corroboration of a girl made retarded due to Gardasil. I don't know if anyone has checked if a mother really did approach Bachmann with that story, or if Bachmannn invented it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections