Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 05:58 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,147,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I personally think the most skilled debator on the stage is Newt Gingrich but that doesn't mean he'd be the best president. However, I'm starting to think he might make a good Secretary of State if he'll clean out the State Department, too.

I'd have to find a job for John Bolton, though. I love that guy...maybe some kind of advisor job...

Newt is highly intelligent and even though I have never been a big fan of his, I have enjoyed his entertaining attacks on the media running the debates. He's got way too much baggage though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 06:04 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,654,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Newt is highly intelligent and even though I have never been a big fan of his, I have enjoyed his entertaining attacks on the media running the debates. He's got way too much baggage though.
Again, you're on target! The cold way he left his 'other wife' for this Catholic guru one, ruined Newt. He probably does have more...and make more political sense than most running...except Sarah. She is extremely Under-estimated! - But she's not runnin' - yet.

Last edited by quality guy; 09-18-2011 at 06:19 PM..

Old 09-18-2011, 06:14 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,923,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
This is ridiculous. Just because Perry and Romney are in the pockets of the mega corporations they should be put up on a pedestal and considered "better" then other candidates just because they have more corporate sell out funds?
Do you have a link showing this connection? If so, I would like to read it.... If not... well enough said.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:04 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,433,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
If Romney and Perry want to winnow the field of candidates they should stop agreeing to do so many televised debates. Frequent televised debates help the candidates stay in the race that don't have a lot of money raised because the debates reach a large audience. In order for candidates to reach that large of an audience without TV debates, they would have to spend money --- money that some of them don't have. I bet if it wasn't for so many TV debates, more of the under 10 percenters would have dropped out by now. But why drop out when they can get the free publicity of so many frequent televised debates? Romney and Perry should say "no" to more TV debates after this next one to get some of those people on the stage to drop out from lack of sufficient campaign contributions.
you are so right: what happened to the 11th commandment?

Nita

Old 09-18-2011, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Again, you're on target! The cold way he left his 'other wife' for this Catholic guru one, ruined Newt. He probably does have more...and make more political sense than most running...except Sarah. She is extremely Under-estimated! - But she's not runnin' - yet.

Do you think she is going to run? I am just curious. I think she likes to keep everyone guessing.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:48 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,654,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Do you think she is going to run? I am just curious. I think she likes to keep everyone guessing.
That's interesting...the 'timing' of your question! I just this minute tweeted @realDonaldTrump and asked him does he think there is any hope Sarah Palin will run. - I honestly don't have a clue...but I am 'tweeting' her about it, also...so, just have to wait! - Hope she will!

Old 09-18-2011, 07:50 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,923,168 times
I like her and that is why I honestly hope she does NOT run...

Old 09-18-2011, 08:56 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,338,815 times
Default Translation

You want to have fewer debates so the country is not subjected to the enormous idiocy and stupidity of these two goons. Jesus Christ, I understand. They are absolutely pathetic, you bet.

I believe the Republican strategy is to shove these creatures down the throat of the American public in hopes that 1) They will think these two are handsome enough to be supported despite their cluelessness and unsuitability for public office and 2) the public does not focus on the very superior President Obama and his continuing efforts to resuscitate the country from the disastrous policies of the Republican party during the Bush years, even while being obstructed by the GOP at every turn.

I say it doesn't matter how many debates these losers have. They haven't a chance in hell of unseating this great President Obama.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:08 PM

Now that is funny. We are not all against the debating. I think they should do more actually.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:51 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,824,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
very superior President Obama
LMAO. Superior! Really?

Quote:
...and his continuing efforts to resuscitate the country from the disastrous policies of the Republican party during the Bush years, even while being obstructed by the GOP at every turn.
Is his idea of resuscitating our country to go about more chickenhawking? How many wars does he need to start before you'll quit worshiping him?

Quote:
I say it doesn't matter how many debates these losers have. They haven't a chance in hell of unseating this great President Obama.
Than what are you so worked up about. If you're that confident that Obama can win than let the republicans pick their candidate and see what happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections