Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 01:39 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,300,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You do not have to pay...

Why is that so hard for the left to understand?
IF you have to pay for a birth certificate to get the "free" ID, it's not necessarily free, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
The way the lefties are acting, A) You need to be a millionaire to get ID, or B) It's unreasonable to expect someone to actually have ID.
It doesn't matter how minimal the cost is. It's inappropriate.

Are you saying you're in favor of national ID? If not, what kind of IDs would you accept?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Voter Fraud Conviction - 620 WTMJ - Milwaukee's Source for Local News and Weather

Here's one example of voter fraud conviction. If you do a google search of "acorn voter fraud convictions" you'll find at least 15 convictions,...and that
S just the ones stupid enough to have gotten caught. That's not including those northeast liberals who vote in the Northeast in the morning, hop a jet to Florida, and vote again in the afternoon. It also does t include the fine New Orleans tradition of the dead rising to vote. That's why the bodies are buried in tombs above ground,...makes it easier for them to vote (old Louisiana joke). It also doesn't include buses running through poor areas to bringthe poor to vote. These buses have dark tinted windows so you can't see money changing hands. That's how Senator Mary Landrieu of New Orleans first won her senate seat.
Same story as the last poster.

The rest of that is unproven. If it's true, the people involved should be prosecuted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 01:40 PM

957 posts, read 754,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
There is no evidence that "in all likelihood cases of voter fraud committed through absentee voting"...this is just your opinion.

Google ACORN and voter fraud convictions. That should satisfy you.

Why are you so opposed to citizens proving they are who they say they are in addition to being eligible to vote?
Of course it's my opinion that there's been voter fraud with the absentee ballot, just as it's yours that voter fraud has taken place that could have been avoided with voter ID. Again, present just ONE case of voter fraud that could have been avoided with an ID. It should be a simple task using google.
ACORN's been vindicated. The "Stealth" voters who were signed up didn't vote. They didn't exist. The people who registered the phoney names were fired.
Voters prove who they are when they register to vote. They're then put on the voter rolls & when they show up at the polling booth to cast their vote, they sign their name.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:49 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,416,275 times
More Acorn Voter Fraud Comes to Light - WSJ.com
The voter fraud hall of shame: Milwaukee voter fraud conviction makes ACORN (http://dailycaller.com/2010/11/23/the-voter-fraud-hall-of-shame-milwaukee-voter-fraud-conviction-makes-acorn’s-2010-total-at-least-15/ - broken link)
Ex-ACORN worker: 'I paid the price' for voter registration fraud - CNN

Old 09-18-2011, 02:10 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,193,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
IF you have to pay for a birth certificate to get the "free" ID, it's not necessarily free, is it?

It doesn't matter how minimal the cost is. It's inappropriate.

Are you saying you're in favor of national ID? If not, what kind of IDs would you accept?

Same story as the last poster.

The rest of that is unproven. If it's true, the people involved should be prosecuted.
If you read the articles..they are CONVICTIONS, not accusations.

And if you lost your birth certificate then why not pay for another copy ?
One conviction of voter fraud should be enough to require ID to prevent more.
And several articles of multiple convictions have been posted here.

The MAJORITY of people in the US have IDs.

Old 09-18-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If you read the articles..they are CONVICTIONS, not accusations.

And if you lost your birth certificate then why not pay for another copy ?
One conviction of voter fraud should be enough to require ID to prevent more.
And several articles of multiple convictions have been posted here.

The MAJORITY of people in the US have IDs.
"About" 15 convictions, of the registrars, not people who voted fraudenlently. Some never actually voted. Sounds kind of like the "war on drugs" to go all out to stop this!

As far as a replacement birth certificate, I don't know. I've never had to show a birth certificate for anything in my adult life, except to get a passport.

Old 09-18-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
"About" 15 convictions, of the registrars, not people who voted fraudenlently. Some never actually voted. Sounds kind of like the "war on drugs" to go all out to stop this!

As far as a replacement birth certificate, I don't know. I've never had to show a birth certificate for anything in my adult life, except to get a passport.
Well with so much fraud going on now you have to show a birth certificate as well as your SS. My son did when he got his license.

Just a sign of the times.

Old 09-18-2011, 03:17 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,155,989 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter whether it's 20 dollars or 20 cents! You shouldn't have to pay to vote.
And the fact is that you are not paying to vote. You are paying for a valid ID that can and will be used for other reasons and uses.
Anyone who thinks voter fraud isnt happening is naive to say the least. I know where I live not far from the infamous Luzerne County PA Voter fraud does happen and unfortunately is accepted as normal politics.

Old 09-18-2011, 05:25 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,754,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
It will effect both repblicans and democrats voters the same. That is unless one thnks that democrats have less legal votes with ID's
BINGO!!!! You hit the nail on the head and they damn well know it!

Old 09-18-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
And the fact is that you are not paying to vote. You are paying for a valid ID that can and will be used for other reasons and uses.
Anyone who thinks voter fraud isnt happening is naive to say the least. I know where I live not far from the infamous Luzerne County PA Voter fraud does happen and unfortunately is accepted as normal politics.
If you have to pay to get the ID, you have to pay to vote.

Old 09-18-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
If you have to pay to get the ID, you have to pay to vote.
Then send in a check to cover those poor Dem souls that have no money and no ID but want to vote.

ACORN will surely take your money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections