Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 11:32 PM

27,137 posts, read 15,313,785 times

Advertisements

Yes, there are those that collect cans all day everyday.
It's not only work but it's honorable to do if that is the position you are in and you yourself are doing something to help yourself.

All these excuses for not having or getting an ID are bull.

If there are that many out there that can't do this then we as a nation out to just fold up and close.

Those against this by argument about inability to get an ID is at best pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 11:43 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I've been asked for ID every time I've ever opened a bank account.

True, but once you've opened a bank account and you have direct deposit, the money flows in without any ID needed.bb

Old 09-19-2011, 05:49 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
i just want to know why republicans are pushing for this now.

why is it so important now when they didnt care all these prior years when they had the numbers in the legislature and state senates, why the sudden push now?

fraud has always been around and always will be. i think the fraud card is overplayed anyways as it is.
You admit fraud is here and always was here yet you do not want to do a simple thing like proving you are an American to vote in American? when is the time to push for stopping voter fraud if not now?

Old 09-19-2011, 06:03 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
True, but once you've opened a bank account and you have direct deposit, the money flows in without any ID needed.bb
That's not the point is it? The point is that one needs ID to establish an account, just like they need ID to cash a check, own or rent a home.

Oh, if they ever want to go to the bank and cash a check, they will still need id.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:31 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
That's not the point is it? The point is that one needs ID to establish an account, just like they need ID to cash a check, own or rent a home.

Oh, if they ever want to go to the bank and cash a check, they will still need id.
We've been down this road before. Some of the elderly, like my mother, may she RIP, have long standing accounts, and, as freemkt said, they do DD and the money goes in. They pay their bills with checks, they go to the bank to get money out every so often, and the bankers know them and do not ask for ID. That's how it was for my parents.

In point of fact, I/we have a long standing account, and rarely are we asked for ID to cash a check. We also have a debit cards which we can access w/o showing any ID, just need a password.

That's supposed to be one of the freedoms of the US, that you don't have to carry ID, "papers" everywhere.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:41 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
there is absolutly NO REASON that anyone should NOT HAVE AN ID

you want to vote...show WHO you are, and WHERE you reside(you are voting FOR that district).....nuff said

Old 09-19-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
there is absolutly NO REASON that anyone should NOT HAVE AN ID

you want to vote...show WHO you are, and WHERE you reside(you are voting FOR that district).....nuff said
Are you in favor of a national ID?

Old 09-19-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Are you in favor of a national ID?
A big YES

Old 09-19-2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
A big YES
That is said to be a 'Liberal" idea. I, on the other hand, oppose it.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
That is said to be a 'Liberal" idea. I, on the other hand, oppose it.
not sure if it is a 'liberal' idea or not

but I think having a STANDARD that applied nation wide is a smart idea

we need an ID for almost everything we do

heck I need an id( Cac card) just to log on to the computer
I need an ID to get a library card
I need an Id to rent a car
I need an id to get my perscriptions
I need an Id to get a blockbuster card
I need an id (bc AND SS) to get my license
I need an id to get a JOB
I need an id to be a new patient at ANY doctors office
I need an id to fly
i need an id to buy tobacco or alchohol

it would be CHEAPER to have one national id (DL) than having 50 DIFFERENT ones

when you go to another country (like france) you get a FRENCH drivers licince...not a paris or 'state' license
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections