U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 01:14 PM

9,897 posts, read 6,832,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Although IMHO, living in Texas is probably more like the equivalent of eating dog food!
IS THAT FAIR... Some one is moving to TX and must like
it. It is the second most populated State in the country.

I've been there many times. Not crazy driving through it,
but it has it's pluses and some great people and scenery
in certain parts.

They make Ralston Purina dog food out of Lubbock TX if I'm not mistaken though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 02:45 PM

71,711 posts, read 83,289,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
So what, McDonald's and KFC are "popular" too, mostly for the same reasons as TX.... because they're cheap! But that doesn't mean they're good for you (let alone equal to a decent meal). Although IMHO, living in Texas is probably more like the equivalent of eating dog food!
Have you lived in Texas? IF you have where and when, if you haven't you are basing your opinion on absolutely nothing.

Texas may not be the prettiest state in the union and it might have crappy summer heat, but it also offers diversity, both rural and urban life, some of the best restaurants in the country (yes, as good, if not better than many in Ca) a heck of a lot of millionaires as well and some outstanding universities. And yes, a relatively low cost of living if you don't count property taxes and ins rates.

NIta

Old 09-23-2011, 03:48 PM

8,758 posts, read 8,845,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
I'm not a fan of Perry-- but your ignorance of Texas is astounding...

I agree, there is no reason to put down Texas or the good people of Texas just because Rick Perry is their governor. I think he must do a pretty good job on that level, I just don't know that he is ready to move up.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:17 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,633,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I agree, there is no reason to put down Texas or the good people of Texas just because Rick Perry is their governor. I think he must do a pretty good job on that level, I just don't know that he is ready to move up.
Yeah, and the guy criticizing our state comes from a state whose governor is famous for making cheesy drama movies and schtooping his maid, thus resulting in an out of wedlock child.

Geez.

Old 09-24-2011, 04:14 PM

2,402 posts, read 3,570,624 times
What do you expect, the state is bursting at the seams with illegal aliens from Mexico. California is bankrupt because of the same reason. You don't have much room to judge. Seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or