Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 03:47 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,063,396 times

Advertisements

dixie, claud - I like the way "you" women can disagree, discuss, even argue in reasonable ways. The samsonite comment is funny, almost as funny as, "He (or She) doesn't have a straight bone is his/her body."
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I didn't say he didn't appeal to some women and I am not sure how old you are or how long you have been following politics, but there is a lot of history with Newt and it isn't all pretty. His confidence is not what offends me about him, even his arrogance and consdescending attitude is tolerable at times, but his poor judgement is a problem. Of course, we all have different values so what bothers me, might not bother you at all. People don't all see things alike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 03:55 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,014,058 times
There is no doubt in my mind that Gingrich is by far the most intelligent candidate out there, and light years ahead of Obama, but his character can certainly be put in question. I'd take a Herman Cain/Newt Gingrich team though.
JFK was lucky that the media kept his "secrets" under wraps during his candidacy and presidency. Any dalliance or perceived inappropriate comment makes it straight to the headlines these days. Probably a good thing if truth comes out that illustrates character or lack thereof.

Old 09-24-2011, 04:28 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,167,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
it shouldn't have anything to do with running the government, anymore than sexual orientation or religion should, but there will always be those and probably too many of them, that will not let things like this drop. I wonder, if those same people realize how many politicians have had affairs? I am sure they have no clue. The only thing he did that I do think is an issue: he went after Clinton. I know it was a little different, but it still had to do with extra marital affairs.

Nita

If he were a Democrat, it might pass. However, being a Republican, he will be held to different standards by his adversaries, by the media and by the exremes on the right.

Old 09-24-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
This is stupid imo to keep wrapping his infidelity around his neck, and make it like he committed the worst of sins. He had 2 affairs, not sure you can call them that, unless we know that sex was involved. What we do know, is that he fell in love with women while he was still married - twice. He married both of them. He has never neglected his children, nor defaulted on his support payments.

Time for the self-righteous on here to get down off your pedestals. This is personal stuff and has nothing to do with running a government or getting serviced in the people's house by an intern, then lying to Congress about it.

Let's get some perspective on this and move on.

1962: Newt married Jackie Battley on June 19, 1962.
1963: Newt's daughter Kathy was born.
1966: Newt's daughter Jackie Sue was born.
1980: Newt met Marianne Ginther in January 1980.
1980: Jackie and Newt separated in April 1980.
1981: Jackie Battley and Newt Gingrich's divorce was finalized in February 1981.
1981: Six months later Newt married Marianne Ginther on August 8, 1981.
1987: Marianne and Newt separated in June 1987.
1993: Newt and Callista Bisek began their affair in November 1993.
1993: Marianne and Newt reconciled in late 1993/early 1994.
1999: Newt and Marianne separated in May 1999 and filed for divorce in July.
1999: Marianne and Newt reached a settlement in their divorce case.
2000: Marianne and Newt's divorce was finalized in April 2000.
2000: Callista Bisek and Newt announced their engagement.
2000: Newt married Callista Bisek on August 18, 2000.

He is an old hound dog...ok. A lot of men are....a lot of women are also. It is not that he is that will matter. He has been a big hypocrite about it all and the Democrats will crucify him with it. The extremes on the right won't go for him either. He just has issues. Time will tell how he does.

Old 09-24-2011, 04:38 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
He is an old hound dog...ok. A lot of men are....a lot of women are also. It is not that he is that will matter. He has been a big hypocrite about it all and the Democrats will crucify him with it. The extremes on the right won't go for him either. He just has issues. Time will tell how he does.
Like Paul....it's already very clear....Newt HAS NO CHANCE of being nominated. '0', nada, NONE. His bad rep ...like Perry now, stopped him in his tracks.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:01 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I really like this guy and am eager to see his new Contract with America which will be released next Thursday. The guy is brilliant. I reject that he will be more of the same, and I don't care about his marital problems of long ago.
Convince me.
I am pro Ron Paul, but he is probably too extreme for the majority.
Newt is a history professor and speaks bluntly. He doesn't like political correctness. What's not to like about this man. He is not a globalist, he is a patriot. right?

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0611/57685.html#ixzz1YndroRV0
One of his big problems is the way he treats women, specifically his wives. All of them. He's a world-class ****head.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:51 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Has he ever run anything large? I'm okay with him being in the White House as a Consultant or even Secretary of State. The White House shouldn't be training camp for executives. Isn't that Obama's problem?
He only led Congress and wrote the bills and tax plan which helped Clinton exit his recession and created economic policies which almost balanced the federal deficit in a couple of short years..

Yeah, no qualifications there

Old 09-24-2011, 05:54 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
And yes while he is having affairs with women while his current wives are recovering from cancer he is going after Clinton for getting a bj in his office. He is a hypocrit scumbag, and has the morals of an amoeba. People closest to him know that. Just ask his former campain staff and some people in Cobb Country Georgia. We know the truth about the scumbag.
This is why you get laughed at constantly here on cd..

He went after Clinton for LYING under oath. A FELONY that would have us in jail. it had NOTHING to do with his blow job

btw, arent we told non stop by Democrats that peoples bedrooms are off limits and they should have no impact in politics? Ooh I get it, you only believe that when it suits you

Old 09-24-2011, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
He only led Congress and wrote the bills and tax plan which helped Clinton exit his recession and created economic policies which almost balanced the federal deficit in a couple of short years..

Yeah, no qualifications there

He has amazing qualifications. He just has as many negatives that sort of make them a wash when running for an office like POTUS.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:15 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
btw, arent we told non stop by Democrats that peoples bedrooms are off limits and they should have no impact in politics? Ooh I get it, you only believe that when it suits you
Hey it's Newt and his "family values" bandwagon that is wagging their finger in our faces telling the rest of us how to be upstanding. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's a hypocrite. if Newt chooses to embroider "Family Values" on his flag and then pee on it, he shouldn't be surprised when he gets discarded like a used Kleenex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections