Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 11:15 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times

Advertisements

Looks like time is fast running out for the Repubs, You gonna have to pick one of those GOP losers or President Obama may win by default
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 11:18 AM

995 posts, read 1,114,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post

Romney: Oh.......what a beautiful and perfumed man...I would love to lay my head across his powerful chest. He is a very good speaker who is very handsome and says things that get the audience CHEERING. His stances are magically in line with what most Republir*ts want to hear. Slick and aggressive when needed...he can go toe to toe with the B*mster any day. I AM NOW OFFICIALLY CALLING IT, ROMNEY IS SO GORGEOUS, WELL SPOKEN, TELEGENIC AND RIGHT ON ISSUES THAT HIS PARTY SUPPORTS.............AFTER SEEING LAST NIGHTS DEBATE.....ROMNEY HAS IT ALL BUT WRAPPED UP.
.....eww?

Old 11-25-2011, 11:27 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,755,730 times
I do agree that Romney has the best potential as a soap opera actor.

A bit too polished if you ask me though, like John Edwards, and we all know how that turned out...

Seriously, he is clearly the smartest guy of the bunch, and he has been a governor in a state where they are more than corporate puppets.

No brainer.

Old 11-25-2011, 11:33 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,065,593 times
For once we agree. I still will vote for Ron Paul if I have to write him in.

I'm not particularly fond of Romney but he will more than likely win the GOP nomination. He will also likely beat Obama in 2012. No he won't win for the issues or his stance on this or that. He will win for the same reason Obama won in 2008; Quite simply, he's prettier than his opponent and this is America damn-it. He is also a master at telling people exactly what they want to hear but that's just a bonus.

I've decided I really don't care whether Obama or Romney win because I've already picked out a spot to plant my lawn chair and watch the show.

Old 11-25-2011, 02:54 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
I've decided I really don't care whether Obama or Romney win because I've already picked out a spot to plant my lawn chair and watch the show.
I can tell you its nice being on the outside looking in..this is great entertainment and although from an external viewpoint the GOP contenders look like a bunch of turkeys it matters not a whit to me who wins but from an objective viewpoint i'd put my faith in Obama as he has more credentials to bring to the fray than the GOP wanna be's, although it amazes me why any one would want that thankless job..

Old 12-04-2011, 04:13 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I do agree that Romney has the best potential as a soap opera actor.

A bit too polished if you ask me though, like John Edwards, and we all know how that turned out...

Seriously, he is clearly the smartest guy of the bunch, and he has been a governor in a state where they are more than corporate puppets.

No brainer.

Yes, Romney is very slick as a politician.........I still do not trust any of the current GOP frontrunners. But hey, if the Little Ogre Newty gets the nod.......yikes, Obama is in like flinn.

Newty ticked off so many people with his Poor Poor Illegals blubbering.........and he is not at all telegenic.......and yes, being a pretty boy does matter a lot in Amerit*rd politics.

Old 12-04-2011, 04:17 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
I don't think Romney will be the nominee. He comes across as an untrustworthy rich man who has no clue how the other half lives.

Old 12-04-2011, 04:25 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,022,475 times
Anyone except Paul or Gingrich is my choice at this point.

Old 12-04-2011, 07:19 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I'd take anyone over Mr Hussein......even Bachmann or Palin.
You would take anyone over Obama because you like to make it a point to say his middle name. Your choice has little to do with politics.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:30 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I suggest a Bachmann/Cain ticket.
Aww... Bless your heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections