Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 08:11 AM

49,970 posts, read 63,287,500 times

Advertisements

After what happened in the last election, I refuse to get invested in any candidate now. I still do not know how John McCain became the Republican candidate. There was a wealth of people with good ideas who I could have supported, but all of a sudden, it was McCain.
My point is that all this is just bull. No matter who we want to support, the party bosses will probably pick Romney, because he's been hanging around for so long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 08:18 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,852,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
There was $150 straw poll tax to vote in the Florida Straw Poll.

Ron Paul's guys & gals are poor!

Didn't Bilderberg meet with Cain at one time or another?
it is a group of people who paid 175 dollars each, and that is what it represents.

the one thing that it might amplify is that rick perry might not be doing as well in florida as people thought he was, but i don't think it is statistically significant at all.

what i find a little interesting is that it said there were 2,657 votes cast, while MSNBC said that there were 3500 people in the straw poll.

First Read - How Saturday's FL straw poll differs from Ames

i am having a little trouble believing that rick santorum polled higher than ron paul but, again, it was only 2,657 people in the state who paid to vote. (so this vote may represent people with a vested interest in a particular candidate)

Old 09-25-2011, 11:49 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,126,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
A real black man? Unlike Obama who is a "fake" black man?
Obama is a bottle of half and half just like the dairy product you can buy to cut back on the amount of cream you use. I don't know how much white blood is in Cain's background but he is sure blacker of skin than Obama is.

If you can't stand that little play on words that originated with Cain, himself, you need to either skip over things like that (don't read my posts) or do so with just a bit of unbiased thinking.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
<This weeks popular GOP loon bag> for president! Don't mind <last weeks GOP loon bag> didn't make it.

<This weeks GOP loon bag> all the way!

Never mind Cain has never held a political office, ever. Even Palin has more experience then he does and she didn't even make it one term as governor.

I don't see why people who hate the fed like him, as he chaired the Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank at one time.

Then commodity speculating at Aquila, where he settled out of court for $10.5 million for utilizing the employees pension funds to do it. Classy guy.

I hope he makes it, he would be amusing to watch circle down in flames and crash during a real election.
I see that the earlier question about how long before THEY start digging up crap on Cain took exactly 55 minutes from the asking of the question and the beginning of the crap. You must have been doing research on all the candidates so you could be ready to fire back.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
Very good, only took five posts for the hatefest from the left to begin.
Exactly 55 minutes from the question by Sunny Days to the first heavy digging. I think that the digging must have been at Think Progress or Kos as I bet it wasn't done at a search engine.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:10 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,932,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Exactly 55 minutes from the question by Sunny Days to the first heavy digging. I think that the digging must have been at Think Progress or Kos as I bet it wasn't done at a search engine.
I really don't understand why the right-wingers on this forum are so thin-skinned.

Whenever there is a discussion of a candidate on the left, you guys jump in to disparage them with decidedly unkind comments, but if it happens to a right-wing politician, you spend the rest of the thread crying about a "hatefest" rather than responding to the actual criticism being leveled against your man.

Any of you actually want to contend with subsound's objections to Cain? We're pretending like he can win the election, so let's discuss him as an actual candidate.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:31 PM

20,867 posts, read 23,395,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
Very good, only took five posts for the hatefest from the left to begin.
And only three for the name calling from the right to begin.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:41 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,118,135 times
What about this, support Herman Cain because you think he is a capable, intelligent leader...not because of his race. He really seems like the kind of person who does not want that to even be a factor.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:46 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,920,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
What about this, support Herman Cain because you think he is a capable, intelligent leader...not because of his race. He really seems like the kind of person who does not want that to even be a factor.
Knowing what I know about southern white ppl, I just can't picture anyone actually voting for cain- sorry.

Old 09-25-2011, 01:08 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,932,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
And only three for the name calling from the right to begin.
Take a brief glance at zoomba's post history and try not to laugh at his/her enormous hypocrisy. Lot of folks on this message board that can dish it out, but few that can take it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections