Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 12:09 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,167,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Knowing what I know about southern white ppl, I just can't picture anyone actually voting for cain- sorry.

lol...you must know the wrong southern, 'white' people then. My dad is supporting Herman Cain and has been since he saw Rick Perry's true colors. My dad is an 81 year old 'white' man born and bred in the south.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 03:19 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,455,677 times
I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if anyone has posted this article yet but I must say I have to agree that he didn't win because he's a warmonger; he worked for the FED, he's for the Patriot Act; he supported Romney in 2008 and he supported TARP.... like this piece says...

Why Herman Cain Won « LewRockwell.com Blog

It is probably because he mentioned he had cancer and he spend more time there than the other candidates...

Old 09-25-2011, 03:45 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,697,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Not a surprise, really. But probably means nothing.

Right?
In Florida??? They keep goofing up on vote counts.

Old 09-25-2011, 03:49 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:

Right?
Means squat, everybody already knew they have no viable candidate.

Old 09-25-2011, 04:08 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,507 times
At the very least it puts a serious dent in the "tea party is racist" slur.

That's gotta burn.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:10 PM

407 posts, read 388,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
At the very least it puts a serious dent in the "tea party is racist" slur.

That's gotta burn.
Herman Cain has Obama's oratorical skills along with some substance. Of all the candidates, he is probably the Republican party's best chance to defeat Obama. Once people see more of him and get past the idea that he is unelectable, he will likely become the clear front-runner. Where does the idea that he is unelectable come from anyways? I hope it's not racism.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:29 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
Just waiting for the hateful left wingers to start their attack on Cain.

We have watched them attack everyone that moves on the roster but Cain.

Heck it took them one day to start attacking Christie and he has not even announced yet.

Sit back and watch the clowns operate the hate machine.

Wondering what they will dig up on Cain?
oh they have attacked him also, but just not a strongly as no one thinks Cain stands a chance. If he does gain momentum, you are right, they will take him to the wood shed.

Nita

Old 09-25-2011, 06:57 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashbrown View Post
Herman Cain has Obama's oratorical skills along with some substance. Of all the candidates, he is probably the Republican party's best chance to defeat Obama. Once people see more of him and get past the idea that he is unelectable, he will likely become the clear front-runner. Where does the idea that he is unelectable come from anyways? I hope it's not racism.
It has nothing to do with racism.

He is way too vague on his foreign policy. Being an
evangelical hurts him outside of the New TParty crowd.

3471 delegates paid registration fees to attend the convention but only 2657 cast ballots.
That means 814 delegates didn't vote.

That is a good sign that this is probably the last straw
poll Cain will win
No, Cain will NOT be the GOP candidate -
I doubt Cain will win one primary.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:12 PM

Quote:

Right?
What is does,combined with his showing at the debate is keep him in the race. Otherwise, no. Straw polls do nothing more than keep a few candidates alive...

Nita

Old 09-25-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashbrown View Post
I like him, many I know do, but never holding public office is the one thing that will probably sink him. I don't think he will ever become the front runner, but who knows? Many people, not just Republicans are looking for that surprise candidate, one they feel comfortable supporting and doesn't appear to be a little kookie, maybe he is the one. He certainly tells it the way it is without coming across as a cranky guy.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections