Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 07:43 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Not really, Romney did not put any money into this straw poll at all. Perry sunk a huge amount into it and Romney still basically tied with him. This spoke volumes about how people in Fla feel about Perry now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
As pundits all said after the debate, Juan Williams last night, Quote...''No, Perry will not be able to escape his 'Social Security Ponzi' gaffe. At least half the country...won't let him!"

Over 60 million 'SS' recepients Don't want Perry near the Oval office!
Florida and America feel the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 07:44 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Suggestion, ugga, just change it to 'fried chicken and collards.' That'll charm 'em!
if they're gonna shriek anyway, give 'em something to shriek about?

here, cobby.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:47 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinTami View Post
Bachmann got 1%. I think she is done.

To be fair to her, she did not actively participate in this straw poll.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:49 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Suggestion, ugga, just change it to 'fried chicken and collards.' That'll charm 'em!
Yeah, seriously. Don't forget the watermelon reference too.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:50 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Besides the stereotyping, (contained...), and the cutesy mocking of Mr Cain's name, you don't have a very credible post. Both brand you as unsophisticated and immature in your understanding of the world as a whole. Stereotypic generalizations and cutesy name-calling and sarcasm are sophmoric at best.

The majority of folks who do not support Mr. Obama do so because his policies have thus far failed to produce any meaningful positive change.

Not because of any racial prejudice.
you'll find that 99.8% of that poster's output consists of the following formula:

1. crazed, inane babble with generous [read: constant] allegations of 'racism' and inevitable smarmy paeans to lord obama.

2. an insipid smilie.

3. run away.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:54 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
That's great! Surprising...but Herman came out SO STRONG in GOP Debate the other night. He clearly won that.

I'm delighted at this News today!
So many people i know or are acquainted with, really like Cain, his mannerisim, his direct attitude, nor hold bars, and no kissing butt, from what we can see. Like his approach also. Does not seem to be a bully type either. Nor does he seem to be the type, that if you disagree with him, he will make you pay, just does not seem that way at all.

Many of my democratic friends, really like Cain, but also coming around to Romney. More so then Perry. Yes i have more democrat friends then Republicians, but this time around, honestly, they feel anyone would be better then Obama, and no they are not falling for any cliche of Hope n' Change, they said once was too many, and good for them.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:02 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times
Originally Posted by quality guy
That's great! Surprising...but Herman came out SO STRONG in GOP Debate the other night. He clearly won that.

I'm delighted at this News today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
So many people i know or are acquainted with, really like Cain, his mannerisim, his direct attitude, nor hold bars, and no kissing butt, from what we can see. Like his approach also. Does not seem to be a bully type either. Nor does he seem to be the type, that if you disagree with him, he will make you pay, just does not seem that way at all.

Many of my democratic friends, really like Cain, but also coming around to Romney. More so then Perry. Yes i have more democrat friends then Republicians, but this time around, honestly, they feel anyone would be better then Obama, and no they are not falling for any cliche of Hope n' Change, they said once was too many, and good for them.
Well said!! Isn't it interesting....hasn't Obama unified the USA....but not the way he wanted to. Great irony!

Old 09-24-2011, 09:04 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
I see a pattern.

Bachmann won Iowa's Straw Poll.
Paul won California's Straw Poll.
Cain won Florida's Straw Poll.

Old 09-24-2011, 09:15 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,015,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I see a pattern.

Bachmann won Iowa's Straw Poll.
Paul won California's Straw Poll.
Cain won Florida's Straw Poll.
It's marketing. Take the first letters of each of their last names and you get a shameless subliminal message: Anyone can see that B, P, C... will soon be BPCCN! The next 'C' is Christie. I don't know who the 'N' signifies yet, but we'll find out soon enough!
Here's the message they're selling us: Buy Purina Cat Chow Now!

You heard it here first.

Old 09-24-2011, 09:18 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Cain will become a threat to the libs and he will their next attack dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections