Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 08:05 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,993,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I don't know, but I seemed to have noticed a pattern of trying to make excuses for what Perry said about illegal immigration, and give him second chances in interviews. To me, it just seems like Fox is trying to do damage control after the debate.

theunbrainedwashed !!! ... Interesting !

Indeed ... It is without a doubt ... 100% certain that it is "Just You" !

Old Capt. Morgan agrees !

Cheers / Old Sgt. Lamar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 11:55 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I haven't watched Fox News in the last few days, but you are probably right. That seems like the kind of fool's errand Fox would run.
actaully they have not been: they have torn him to shreds mostly. They have said, he can pick himself up and still has a lot of strong supporters but they have also said he is a lousy debater and will need to improve or it is over.

Nita

Old 09-25-2011, 03:41 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times
Quote:
I don't know, but I seemed to have noticed a pattern of trying to make excuses for what Perry said about illegal immigration, and give him second chances in interviews. To me, it just seems like Fox is trying to do damage control after the debate.
Since he isn't so quick on his toes. They'd be better off limiting his time to answer questions to 15 seconds so he doesn't have to try to go into detail and get all fouled up in the process. Maybe it will be better for them to continue to do this.

Meanwhile Ron Paul can target the college audiences where the kids can get really excited about him and go convince their parents to vote for him and forget about these expensive straw polls. I'm beginning to think they are a waste of time.

If I were someone like Gary Johnson I'd just go out and do what Ron Paul is doing and speak at colleges.

Old 09-25-2011, 03:43 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
It's just you.

Now, is it me or is MSNBC avoiding questioning the administration about Solyndra?

Old 09-25-2011, 06:37 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
It is definitely not your imagination. I have written Fox News more nasty emails lately about their ridiculous bias and poor excuses for commentators than I care to admit. It's pretty bad when I am agreeing with the obnoxious Bob Beckel and Juan Williams more than the rest. Fox is in the tank for Perry totally. When Frank Lutz had the results for his focus group last night and so many were switching their support from Perry to Romney and really were just digusted with Perry over the immigration issue, I thought somebody was going to have to pick Hannity's chin up off the floor. He is beginning to annoy me greatly btw. After the Tea Party debate, Ann Coulter let Hannity have it on his radio show about their obvious bias and pushing Perry down everyone's throats. It is so obvious it should be an insult to most people's intelligence.
I don't agree with Beckel or Williams very often, but I like Juan and I think Beckel is funny as all get out. I just take him with a grain of salt.

Nita

Old 09-26-2011, 10:37 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,875,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't agree with Beckel or Williams very often, but I like Juan and I think Beckel is funny as all get out. I just take him with a grain of salt.

Nita
I think Beckel and Colmes are both paid plants just to make some controversy. They have no value in life other than to play devils advocate. They couldn't find a real job, so they found their niche playing the fools in an intelligent conversation.
No one could really believe the things they say, other than a few fools that post here.
I used to watch Colmes on Hannity, and always thought he was a plant, put there to say stupid things.
Beckel is nothing but a loudmouth blowhard who hasn't been relevant for a very long time, if ever.. Didn't he work for Jimmy Carter...? "nuff said...
Williams, sometimes he is OK, but gets a little carried away at times...

Old 09-26-2011, 10:40 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,256,395 times
Quote:
Why does Fox hate Mitt? He's the best they've got.

Because the flip-flopping Rombot is the 2012 version of Dukakis and John Kerry , Mormon style.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:03 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Methinks that the senior republicans are kind of fed up with the clowns in this ring and now are pushing for the governor of New Jersey to run. If he does watch how quick that they switch up (can you say "squirrel!") and give him mad support. They are doomed and they know it. Whenever a pizza saleman knockoff your favorite in florida you know that you are in trouble

Old 09-26-2011, 11:05 AM

2,401 posts, read 4,347,219 times
I've definately picked up on this, but am not surprised.

Fox News is big/mainstream media as well....just not tilted to the left to such a strong degree. Their journalists run in many of the same circles as the others.

e.g......I like O'Reilly (and to date I'm not a Ron Paul supporter) but he doesn't even understand Ron Paul's argument about getting our currency back on the gold standard (O'Reilly has stated the gold standard is not required by the Constitution!)

Old 09-26-2011, 11:12 AM

995 posts, read 1,114,921 times
Quote:
Why does Fox hate Mitt? He's the best they've got.
Which is a sad state of affairs for everyone, don't ya think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections