Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2011, 02:18 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,953,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Is Herman Cain Resonating with Voters?
Published September 26, 2011 | Special Report | Bret Baier
Is he still resonating?
or has the Gaviscon taken care of the heart burn from the cheap sausage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 02:28 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,345,812 times
Red face Unreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Cain has actually run major companies For starters: obama has not even come close to these accomplishments!

Masters Degree Purdue
Navy
Coca cola
Pillsbury 77 where he rose to VP by the early 80's
Burgar King (Pillsbury co) He managed 400 stores in Philly. And under his leadership Burger King went from least profitable to most profitable in 3 yrs.
He then was appointed President and CEO of Godfathers pizza in 14 months he reduced the stores cut waste and reduced costs. and finally they started making money.
CEO National Restaurant Association

But but ut...Obama was a "community organizer" in Chicago and never had a real JOB!

Old 09-29-2011, 10:47 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
But has he, that is the question.

I'll be waiting with bated breath.

You're the second person on this thread who has said they are "sure", even though we haven't seen anything. And there are many questions about it. Typical of a CEO, it's not fleshed out.

Big whoop! Look at the last two engineer presidents, Hoover and Carter. Weren't they extremely successful, not?

Cain graduated from Morehouse College in 1967 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in mathematics, and received a Master of Science degree in computer science from Purdue University in 1971,[9] when he was also working full-time in ballistics for the U.S. Department of the Navy. He is the author of four books: Leadership is Common Sense (1997), Speak as a Leader (1999), CEO of SELF (October 2001), and They Think You're Stupid (May 2005). He also wrote "The Intangibles of Implementation" in the technical journal Interfaces (Vol. 9, No. 5, 1979, pp. 144-147), published by the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS).

Herman Cain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-29-2011, 10:51 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Cain graduated from Morehouse College in 1967 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in mathematics, and received a Master of Science degree in computer science from Purdue University in 1971,[9] when he was also working full-time in ballistics for the U.S. Department of the Navy. He is the author of four books: Leadership is Common Sense (1997), Speak as a Leader (1999), CEO of SELF (October 2001), and They Think You're Stupid (May 2005). He also wrote "The Intangibles of Implementation" in the technical journal Interfaces (Vol. 9, No. 5, 1979, pp. 144-147), published by the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS).

Herman Cain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
So, where is his birth certificate? Where are his diplomas? Where are his transcripts? He probably had a ghostwriter. (All sarcasm)

Big whoop! (Not sarcasm) Every president since Eisenhower has been a college graduate, and many have had advanced degrees. Don't all presidential hopefuls write books?

Old 09-29-2011, 11:45 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,451,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I'm sure he has, CEOs tend do that sort of thing just for fun .

There are lots of people at work crunching those numbers now, seeing how it would all pan out. So far, from what I've been hearing on the news - 9/9/9 is indeed feasible. And worth a shot.

I can't wait for the Herman Cain Tax Calculator. There's a tax hike in store for tens of millions of Americans.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:51 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,968 times
Quote:
So, where is his birth certificate? Where are his diplomas? Where are his transcripts? He probably had a ghostwriter. (All sarcasm)

Big whoop! (Not sarcasm) Every president since Eisenhower has been a college graduate, and many have had advanced degrees. Don't all presidential hopefuls write books?

It's no big whoop to me either, but you were the one questioning it. He was a mathematician for the US Navy so I hope he knew some math. I think the point was, he knows numbers so his flat tax plan is something he more than likely understands and has put pencil to paper on it. I would like to see the details myself though.

Old 09-30-2011, 07:57 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
It's no big whoop to me either, but you were the one questioning it. He was a mathematician for the US Navy so I hope he knew some math. I think the point was, he knows numbers so his flat tax plan is something he more than likely understands and has put pencil to paper on it. I would like to see the details myself though.
I did not question his education. I questioned, and still question, whether he has actually worked out this tax plan. Every "grand plan" has its unintended consequences, and this one will be no exception. And there are many questions about just what this tax plan is all about.

Herman Cain's 999 Tax Plan - Politicol News

1) Will his national sales tax be in addition to the state retail sales tax?
2) Or will it replace the state sales tax, which really doesn’t increase revenues and decrease the deficit?
3) Will he tax services, like a service tax -like on funerals?
4) Will he tax food, restaurant bills, etc., like they do in some countries, will taxes be expanded?

And much more!

Old 09-30-2011, 08:25 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,062,579 times
I haven't yet, but have you thought about asking his campaign these questions. Then you would have your answers. You do want to know the truth, right? Not just some commentators, or worse, some chat thread person's spin on the subject. If you do not seek the answers from Mr Cain's organization, does that mean that you are really just interested in your own version of the facts, lazy, ignorant? I can't offer any help there. You have to answer that question for yourself.

I'm not defending his proposal necessarily. Just do your homework, beyond some bloggers point of view. The internet is both a wonderful library, but also a wild-west of misinformation and downright lies. By all parties.
Quote:
I did not question his education. I questioned, and still question, whether he has actually worked out this tax plan. Every "grand plan" has its unintended consequences, and this one will be no exception. And there are many questions about just what this tax plan is all about.

2) Or will it replace the state sales tax, which really doesn’t increase revenues and decrease the deficit?
4) Will he tax food, restaurant bills, etc., like they do in some countries, will taxes be expanded?

And much more!

Old 09-30-2011, 08:28 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,629,528 times
I probably said this in an earlier post but I will say it again. I like a lot of what Cain says or stands for but I won't vote for anyone who is going to abolish the EPA. Period.

I want to live in a cleaner world.

I wish someone would run on birth control issues. Not abortion but on limiting the number of children born before conception..... How much longer can we keep it up, with the strain on resources ?

Old 09-30-2011, 09:02 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,451,622 times
Quote:

And much more!
1) Yes, Herman Cain's national sales tax will be in addition to state sales tax.
2) No.
3) Unclear, but I believe it will tax services, since Cain intends it to be a transition to the national FairTax plan, which would tax services. Including rent.
4) Yes, it will tax all "new" goods and services including groceries and restarant bills. (Used items like at thrift stores will not be taxed.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections