Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 06:36 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Please, Please I'm begging all Republicans who are inclined to do so, vote for Herman Caine!!!!
I'm for Ron Paul. If he drops out, I may consider Cain. I just hope it's not Romney at the finish. I'd have to vote for him against Obama though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2011, 07:53 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashbrown View Post
Please, keep going.
I posted a link where that came from. I quoted my alloted three. You'll have to actually go to the work of reading it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
This is an anonymous message board, no one knows you. For all we know you could be some obese 30 year old guy living in your moms basement banging away on your keyboard in your tighty whities with a gallon of Breyers in your lap.

My point was, you're being a fake. You will never vote for a republican, so your questions aren't sincere, they're trollish. As long as a pol has a (D) after his name, he's got your blind allegiance. You don't really care what HC stands for because he has an (R) after his name, therefore he is the enemy.
I had no idea only a candidate's/office holder's supporters were allowed to post on him/her! I guess that means all the "bash Obama" threads were started and perpetuated by Obama supporters?

In addition to everything else, your post makes ass*umptions about me that are unwarranted, but I have a policy of my own of not responding to snark, so you'll never hear when I last voted for a Republican, which was probably more recently than you ever voted for a Democrat.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 10-01-2011 at 08:48 AM..

Old 10-01-2011, 12:58 PM

17,368 posts, read 16,511,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashbrown View Post
I believe Cain has the best chance to win of all the Republican candidates not because he has the best plan, although it is far better than Romney's or Perry's, but because his economic plan is easier to understand than those of other candidates. Voters are in large part, shockingly ignorant. This is how Obama got elected with "Hope" and "Change" with nothing behind it. Herman Cain can capitalize on this ignorance by pushing his "9 9 9" in a fashion similar to Obama's "Hope" and "Change." Which do you think will resonate more with voters this time around?
The current tax code is so convoluted who could possibly begin to understand it? I don't think it's wrong (or ignorant) for voters to want a tax structure that they can actually understand.

Old 10-02-2011, 04:03 PM

407 posts, read 388,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
The current tax code is so convoluted who could possibly begin to understand it? I don't think it's wrong (or ignorant) for voters to want a tax structure that they can actually understand.
I agree

Old 10-04-2011, 12:02 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
One thing, while I think everyone should pay the same tax across the board, it surely would put a whole lot of accounts out of work if that were the case.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:08 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,451,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post

It has never taken me more than 15 minutes total to prepare both my state and federal tax returns. It's not rocket science, you know.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:19 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,879,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
It has never taken me more than 15 minutes total to prepare both my state and federal tax returns. It's not rocket science, you know.
I guess that means the current tax code is perfect then...?...or maybe you mean there is only one person who understans it, and that's you...
Very cool, you must be so proud...

Where do these people come from..????

Old 10-04-2011, 01:45 PM

17,368 posts, read 16,511,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
It can get complicated for the average person, too. Ex: short sales/foreclosures, cashing in 401ks before retirement age, etc.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:16 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,681,868 times
Let see Cain goes to Israel 2 days before the straw Poll.
Says during the florida debate "If you mess with Israel, you are messing with the United States of America."

Then he wins the straw poll in Florida hmmmm suddenly is now a top contender.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:42 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,062,579 times
I think you are trying to be sarcastic. That, or draw, what is a loose connection at best to hisIsrael trip. His win of the Florida Straw Poll, as well as the The National Federation of Republican Women Straw Pollis largely attributed to his participating (where Romney and Perry did not), his being likeable to Republicans at least, and down to earth approach to things. I really don't hink there is any hiddent meaning and connection as you draw it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Let see Cain goes to Israel 2 days before the straw Poll.
Says during the florida debate "If you mess with Israel, you are messing with the United States of America."

Then he wins the straw poll in Florida hmmmm suddenly is now a top contender.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections