Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 01:17 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,921,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcolaFLGuy View Post
I don't think I've shared much about my political thoughts. I voted for Obama and would still support him against anyone in the GOP other than Paul or Cain.

I don't care for the GOP and only support Ron Paul because he's right! I'm have strong libertarian values but the GOP would consider me a lefty. Social issues kills the GOP for me.
my bad, thought you were republican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 02:54 PM

187 posts, read 181,794 times
Ron Paul Bests Obama*in Latest Poll -

... also in monopoly and some video games, but in the real world Obama beats them all....

Old 09-28-2011, 03:05 PM

838 posts, read 922,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
but when it comes down to it, when your in the booth alone.

and your thinking we need to beat obama, we need to beat obama.

is the GOP going to take over your soul and make you vote for the top candidate, or will you fight that urge off and vote for a paul who may not even be on the ballot.

i dont respect anyone who supports paul and then votes for an establishment candidate. thats evidence that the person was not a paul supporter to begin with.
Many now realize all to well that with the D and R parties nothing much is going to change for the better, things stay about the same on important issues year after year. The glaring reason is corporate globalism by the elites who run both Washington and the media, they through lobbyist organizations who pay their re election money are who most of our officials answer to, not to the people. Ron Paul a non globalist said that "with the R and D parties nothing will happen, they will tinker around the edges only but not actually fix things." Ron Paul tells the truth, a rarity in politics.

Old 09-28-2011, 04:24 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
Many now realize all to well that with the D and R parties nothing much is going to change for the better, things stay about the same on important issues year after year. The glaring reason is corporate globalism by the elites who run both Washington and the media, they through lobbyist organizations who pay their re election money are who most of our officials answer to, not to the people. Ron Paul a non globalist said that "with the R and D parties nothing will happen, they will tinker around the edges only but not actually fix things." Ron Paul tells the truth, a rarity in politics.
Ron Paul and Bachmann are the only candidates that have no affiliation with CRF, or the Bilderbergs. Ron Paul remains the only one that knows exactly how to turn this around. The debt clock says 14.6 Trillion, but if you add in entitlement obligations, the number is somewhere in the neighborhood of 60-80 TRILLION - they don't even know. Spending has been our drug, Ron Paul is the "intervention" we need.
RON PAUL: YOU WANT HIM - Focus - Northwest Military - Ft Lewis Ranger - Military News, Events & Community

Old 09-28-2011, 05:40 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Default Thumbs down on Ron Paul

I have to hand it to Ron Paul supporters. They are relentless in their delusional desperation and support for this repulsive man. Any "poll" that has Paul beating President Obama is about as credible as one showing Ru Paul beating the President.

Ron Paul is flaming out, spiraling out of control into oblivion. After he withdraws this time, that will be the end of him. The country benefits from this.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:49 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,341,511 times
The fact that this is a Yahoo story gives one pause for thought. Yahoo is about as far left as one they can get in their selection of news stories. I would have thought they would have buried this story.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:50 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,584,267 times
I've long debated whether I could hold my nose and vote for a Perry or a Romney or a Bachmann. I would gladly vote for Paul.

But the reality is, Obama and the left have gotten so extreme with their shrill declarations that I'm the devil because I had the audacity to make something of my life that really, it has to be anybody but him in 2012.

As mentioned, the larger issue is whether Paul can woo enough of the extreme right nutjobs to win his own party's nomination.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:59 PM

674 posts, read 698,240 times
Lovely news and not the first poll that's said so.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:21 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
I've long debated whether I could hold my nose and vote for a Perry or a Romney or a Bachmann. I would gladly vote for Paul.

But the reality is, Obama and the left have gotten so extreme with their shrill declarations that I'm the devil because I had the audacity to make something of my life that really, it has to be anybody but him in 2012.

As mentioned, the larger issue is whether Paul can woo enough of the extreme right nutjobs to win his own party's nomination.
I hear you loud n clear. How about voting for Paul in the primary's and see what happens. It's way too early to abandon him now. The rest have big bucks, all he has is us grassroots and the military.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:26 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
I vote on princple of liberty

You know michelle bachman had a good quote in the last debate WE DONT HAVE TO SETTLE.
I liked that statement as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections