Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 02:36 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Herman Cain will not be the Republican nominee, so what he thinks about that is kind of irrelevant. But I think we all, already know that.

Well, never say never, but I wouldn't bet my lunch money on him making it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 02:39 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,647 times
Quote:
Herman Cain will not be the Republican nominee, so what he thinks about that is kind of irrelevant. But I think we all, already know that.
Spoiler
I think you've got it, Polly.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:50 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,017,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Spoiler
I think you've got it, Polly.
So, we finally agree on something So, if my guy, Paul isn't
the next President of the United States - of which I am only using for
argument sake, of course

Is it Mitt or Rick...
I think either one could beat Obama in a debate and the election (of course Paul would just kick ass) The way Obama has been talking lately, I think most of us on CD could beat him in a debate... If I hear one more time
"Pass this bill" and put 280,000 teachers back to work, I think I'll throw
up

Old 10-05-2011, 04:06 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,647 times
Quote:
So, we finally agree on something So, if my guy, Paul isn't
the next President of the United States - of which I am only using for
argument sake, of course

Is it Mitt or Rick...
I think either one could beat Obama in a debate and the election (of course Paul would just kick ass) The way Obama has been talking lately, I think most of us on CD could beat him in a debate... If I hear one more time
"Pass this bill" and put 280,000 teachers back to work, I think I'll throw
up
I sincerely mean this...was thinking about your very question...couple of nights ago. I DO NOT believe Romney will get the chance to run as the repub nominee. And, even more so...NO CHANCE for bubbling Perry. At this juncture, I don't know if the winner in 2012 is even in sight, yet? Paul, as you must see by now...is not even a dot on the radar...

Cain has goofed up his chances...

I'm thinking some 'dark horse' might come out of the shadows...and win the next 'Rat Race!' you agree?

And the winner is
Spoiler
?

Old 10-05-2011, 04:41 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,017,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
I sincerely mean this...was thinking about your very question...couple of nights ago. I DO NOT believe Romney will get the chance to run as the repub nominee. And, even more so...NO CHANCE for bubbling Perry. At this juncture, I don't know if the winner in 2012 is even in sight, yet? Paul, as you must see by now...is not even a dot on the radar...

Cain has goofed up his chances...

I'm thinking some 'dark horse' might come out of the shadows...and win the next 'Rat Race!' you agree?

And the winner is
Spoiler
?
I can't think of anyone that
represents A TRUE CONSERVATIVE more than Dr. Paul does.

Conservative by Degree - he just let's us know how to conduct ourselves
in a civilized society

Old 10-05-2011, 08:31 AM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
Yesterday, a series of national and statewide polls show an explosion of support for Herman Cain:

Tied nationally among GOP voters with the Flip-flopping Mormon:
Herman Cain rises, Rick Perry slides in new CBS News poll - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

GA PrimR Insider Advantage Poll: Cain 41%, Gingrich 17%, Romney 10%
Poll shows Cain with huge lead in Georgia | www.wsbtv.com

Herman Cain now leading in North Carolina, West Virginia, and Nebraska GOP primaries, while Perry and Romney support collapses:
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/p...CNEWV_1004.pdf

Pretty impressive. Is Cain simply another flavor of the week, or does he have a real shot at this?
Just curious as to why you felt the need to mention Romney's religion but nobody else's.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:47 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,842 times
Snicker. It seems as if the republicans are falling for the same thing the democrats did last election. lol. Our plan is almost complete!

Old 10-05-2011, 08:55 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Cain taking a month off is excellent strategy for someone who has "peaked" early and has shown tendancy to be suckered by the press.

This way he avoids the press baiting him into slanging his opponents instead of their platforms.

This way his strategists can formulate a plan and beat some sense into his head that he's not addressing a boardroom full of underlings when in the public eye. They really gotta work on his "if the press has presented me with a hot-button issue regarding my opponents; what are their motives and should I resort to the quick thrust to the throat or stifle myself and give a more reasoned, measured and tactful response" skillsets!

He should reappear on the campaign trail with the benefit of having sat back and watched for a month, considered an effective counter to all the bumph that's come out during his hiatus and dazzle everyone with his newfound brilliance.

Think it'll happen?

Old 10-05-2011, 09:20 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
Yesterday, a series of national and statewide polls show an explosion of support for Herman Cain:

Tied nationally among GOP voters with the Flip-flopping Mormon:
Herman Cain rises, Rick Perry slides in new CBS News poll - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

GA PrimR Insider Advantage Poll: Cain 41%, Gingrich 17%, Romney 10%
Poll shows Cain with huge lead in Georgia | www.wsbtv.com

Herman Cain now leading in North Carolina, West Virginia, and Nebraska GOP primaries, while Perry and Romney support collapses:
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/p...CNEWV_1004.pdf

Pretty impressive. Is Cain simply another flavor of the week, or does he have a real shot at this?
so you really care?

Now, to answer your question: he is new and exciting plus has some ideas whether good or bad, that is more than some of the candidates have. I personally, do not think he stands a chance, but I am only one of millions following the primaries very closely. I put him in a similar catagory as Huckabee last time around: close but no cigar...

Nita

Old 10-05-2011, 09:36 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,681,868 times
Its funny how someone can be listed as unelectable and then electable.
If Ron Paul won the strawpoll you wouldnt even know about it.

Its all about who the media wants to see this week and Frank Lundz focus group on fox will tell you who won the debate, how great that person was and they usually pick the one who will benefit the neocon agenda. After all Herman Cain quote in the florida debate was "If you mess with Irseal you mess with the USA." and then 2 days later he wins the straw poll hmmm? How interesting.
Lets ignore his employment at the Federal Reserve , big business ties and pretend he has lots of non PC things to say about the President. Lets give them the emotional connection of his battle with cancer and when it comes time to be president liberty will be sold out to whatever corporation and Federal Reserve Bank wants to do while we are left bankrupt.

The 999 plan or as I like to say the 666 plan nothing but good TV. I like the Ron Paul plan the NO income tax plan and get rid of the IRS and the Federal Reserve Plan. The 000 plan because for 30 years Ron Paul was fighting for liberty Cain was busy fighting for bailouts, the federal reserve and only talking about freedom while Ron Paul has a record of VOTING FOR FREEDOM!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections