Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Todays election I will be voting for...
Obama 11 28.95%
Paul 27 71.05%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 02:08 PM

9,879 posts, read 7,978,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Paul is the ONLY GOP candidate I am willing to give a second thought. I do not like what I have been hearing him say lately

IF Paul get the nomination, I think he Will stand a chance of winning...

Oh and to add, OBAMA is not the cause of all the problems this nation is facing
Obama may not be the "initial cause"
but he has escalated the situation beyond what it should ever have become today.

I too, don't agree with "everything" Paul says. He's not my Messiah...
I realize "change" does not happen overnight. As a true leader, you must pick one or
two things you want to accomplish - call it tunnel
vision - get the big things done first. I love
Paul on the "big things".

Anyways, if any independents want to cross over and
register Republican temporarily for the primaries to help get Paul the GOP nomination,
we thank you in advance
Americans will thank you later again and again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 03:40 PM

313 posts, read 831,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If the elections were held today and it was Ron Paul running against Barack Hussein Obama

Paul

Obama
Easy. The only person I will be voting for in both the primary and general, regardless of who gets the nomination- Ron Paul. The only one that is offering us real change and solution to our problems, not just a band aid fix or more of the same.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:57 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,081,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinTami View Post
Easy. The only person I will be voting for in both the primary and general, regardless of who gets the nomination- Ron Paul. The only one that is offering us real change and solution to our problems, not just a band aid fix or more of the same.
So you are going to vote for him even if he isn't the candidate. I didn't know Ca changed their laws and now allow write ins. They didn't used to. We learn something everyday.

Nita

Old 10-07-2011, 04:25 PM

313 posts, read 831,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
So you are going to vote for him even if he isn't the candidate. I didn't know Ca changed their laws and now allow write ins. They didn't used to. We learn something everyday.

Nita
Yeah, I will. I won't vote for the someone if I don't agree with them. Paul is the only one on the Republican side that I agree with and I WILL NOT vote for Obama. I will write him in if I am able to. From what I have seen CA allows it. If they don't then I will vote Constitution party or not vote for President at all. Voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us nothing but evil.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:41 PM

9,879 posts, read 7,978,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Nita
I could be mistaken, but I believe California allows write-in
votes for Presidential candidates as long as the candidate is a "qualified" one - meaning the candidate becomes qualified after a submitted petition and a certain amount of signatures requesting it....I doubt Ron Paul supporters would have a problem getting that accomplished

Old 10-07-2011, 05:21 PM

753 posts, read 837,717 times
Well, Obama is screwing so many Dems right now that I think we're going to see a surge for Dr. Paul. Libertarian policies are the only way for neo-cons and neo-libs to get along. We are going to see many Dems registering as Republicans to vote in the primaries/caucuses. This is going to get interesting for sure.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:40 PM

8 posts, read 11,468 times
Ron Paul is the only candidate with the right ideas to get us out of the mess we're in. Cain's 9-9-9 plan is a nightmare and doesn't provide the solution to our economic woes.

We need to bring the troops home, balance the budget, and end spending on useless programs. We need to downsize the Federal Gov, and restore states' rights which is what this country was founded upon. You don't like the politics in one state, you move to another.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:15 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,951,287 times
http://www.revolutionaryposters.com/images/poster-1-big.gif (broken link)

Old 10-08-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinTami View Post
Yeah, I will. I won't vote for the someone if I don't agree with them. Paul is the only one on the Republican side that I agree with and I WILL NOT vote for Obama. I will write him in if I am able to. From what I have seen CA allows it. If they don't then I will vote Constitution party or not vote for President at all. Voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us nothing but evil.
I completely understand what you are saying though I do not agree on not voting, but that is your choice. My question was, when did Ca change the rules: I was rasied there, voted there for 30 years and never remember a place to write in a candidates name, yet you seem to think you can.

NIta

Old 10-08-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronpaul View Post
Ron Paul is the only candidate with the right ideas to get us out of the mess we're in. Cain's 9-9-9 plan is a nightmare and doesn't provide the solution to our economic woes.

We need to bring the troops home, balance the budget, and end spending on useless programs. We need to downsize the Federal Gov, and restore states' rights which is what this country was founded upon. You don't like the politics in one state, you move to another.
I have to ask you a couple of questions and this is not to disagree with you necessarily but: 1-haven't the Republicans tried to balance the budget but the Democrats won't hear of it, do you think Paul will be able to change this? 2-states rights, most of us believe is state's rights, but to make a comment like, if you don't like the politcs of the state move to a different state, don't you think that is a pretty simplistic statement: most people can not just move at on a whim....??

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections