Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 03:13 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times

Advertisements

Isn't everyone a value voter? Doesn't every voter expect good value for their vote?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 04:45 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Isn't everyone a value voter? Doesn't every voter expect good value for their vote?
It was about family values.

Old 10-09-2011, 04:50 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The Koch brothers are not the main players. They are just in a little ****-ant competition with Soros as to who's candidate gets the most press. The end goal is the same.

Goldman Sachs, The IMF (funded greatly by The FED), The CFR, The Rand Corp., The Trilateral Commission, British, German, and French Banks, etc... run the world and they want another POTUS who will be spineless to the new global currency/banking system and one global government as Obama has been so willing.

Ron Paul is the only one who has proven he will not bend to or be owned by any of them.
Keep telling yourself that as Paul gets the shaft again.
You get to do what you are told

Old 10-09-2011, 05:30 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I think we are going to start to see Ron Paul pick up steam now. I think the others will start to fade away. 75% of the Occupy Wall Street people are Ron Paul people and now that Alex Jones and a few of the informed protesters out there are pointing out that the Federal Reserve is really the cause of the problem not all of Wall Street, I think people are going to start to put 2 and 2 together and realize that Ron Paul is the man of the hour/day/week/month/year/decade.

Besides "End the Fed" is catchier than "This is what Democracy looks like" or "We are the 99%"
The supporters of Ron Paul are interested in ending the Fed and have distanced themselves from Occupy Wall Street since the rhetoric of O W S is blaming the symptom (wall street greed taking advantage of crony capitalism) and not the cause.

the vid gets good at 1:45

Old 10-09-2011, 06:06 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
It was about family values.

I know, I was kinda kidding.

Should government pick winners and losers?:

Old 10-09-2011, 06:30 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
I know, I was kinda kidding.

Should government pick winners and losers?:

This is a straw poll of the people in a voting block, not the government.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:49 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Supporters push Paul to straw poll triumph - Washington Times

Old 10-10-2011, 01:37 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
The Koch brothers are not the main players. They are just in a little ****-ant competition with Soros as to who's candidate gets the most press. The end goal is the same.

Ron Paul is the only one who has proven he will not bend to or be owned by any of them.
Let us assume that everything that you say is true about Goldman Sachs, The IMF (funded greatly by The FED), The CFR, The Rand Corp., The Trilateral Commission, British, German, and French Banks, etc... run the world and they want another POTUS who will be spineless to the new global currency/banking system and one global government as Obama has been so willing.

If there is such a powerful conspiratorial alliance, do you think that Ron Paul will ever sit one day in the oval office, even if he is elected?

Old 10-10-2011, 01:48 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
Stop the thread hijacking with the incessant Koch Bros. posts. They have absolutely nothing to do with Ron Paul.
As an Independent in Arizona I get to vote in either primary, I may well vote for Paul since the Democratic primary will probably be unopposed. But I don't believe they will ever allow him to be nominated

We'll see who gets nominated

Old 10-10-2011, 02:30 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
As an Independent in Arizona I get to vote in either primary, I may well vote for Paul since the Democratic primary will probably be unopposed. But I don't believe they will ever allow him to be nominated

We'll see who gets nominated
Interesting about voting either way, in many states independents can not vote in primaries.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections