Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 08:03 AM

4,154 posts, read 4,170,113 times

Advertisements

Cain tax will not work until he address the problem with Federal Reserves. Which he already said he will not touch.

With if the tax rate is change to 0/0/0 and Federal reserves just give us like 50% inflation every year is same as tax 50%, but worst as it tax on all income and saving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 08:47 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
End income base taxing tomorrow!

Old 10-09-2011, 10:28 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
If they lowered the rate to 9%, but ALSO eliminated many of the deductions, then returns would be a lot simpler. Simpler returns would mean less audits and less manhours. Some if not most of the 47% of the deadbeats that pay no income tax do file returns, but usually get refunds. Perhaps, Cain's plan would call for contrib from them too. Maybe IRS would be status quo due to all of these factors.
Simpler returns don't mean less revenue agents, less auditors or less revenue officers. They just mean easier income tax return audits so they can audit more people.

You are thinking individual income tax, though, not national sales tax. You are fooling yourself about less audits. Who do you think the IRS will audit to ensure the sales tax is being reported, reported in full and reported correctly? Businesses would be targeted and then they may come after the individuals if they didn't pay sales tax to the business. And don't just think business to consumer but business to business. Company A buys parts from Company B then Company B charges a tax to Company A. Then Company A sells their product to you so another round of sales tax reporting. There will be mountains of new regulations, tons of enforcement (both collections and examininations/audits), new forms and instructions, new programming that would have to be done.

The IRS has many functions, not just audits/examinations: Collections, Processing, Customer Service, Criminal Investigation, data processing, etc. If a whole new big tax is being added, a national sales tax, we are talking about a whole new division of the IRS. We're talking massive hiring in Headquarters, field offices, and processing centers because the tax will touch everyone, unlike, for example, the estate tax.

Adding a national sales tax benefits another two groups, too: Lawyers and Accountants. If they aren't screaming that income tax will be simplified (and they are the reason it has been promised by politicians but never happens) it's because they will be licking their chops that a national sales tax will be added, plus it won't be seasonal work.

Guess who it doesn't benefit? The small businessman who provides jobs and will now have to keep massive records, file more returns, pay more taxes, pay more to accountants and lawyers, deal with more regulation and the IRS. I don't see them supporting Herman Cain.

One more thing, when have you known any sales tax to not get raised?

Old 10-09-2011, 03:17 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Tell me if I'm wrong here. Herman Cain does not want to get rid of the income tax. He just wants to lower the rate to 9 percent plus he wants to add a 9 percent national sales tax.

Well, if we aren't getting rid of the income tax, we're just lowering the rate, plus we're adding a national sales tax that we don't have now, doesn't that mean the size of government will have to get bigger, specifically the IRS? They are going to have to add a whole new sales tax division that they don't have now. We're talking A LOT of new government employees here. But lowering the income tax rate to 9 percent doesn't mean the IRS needs less bodies in the individual income tax division. They'll still need the same amount of people.

So, is Herman Cain increasing the size of government? Specifically, is he making the IRS bigger not smaller?
Yes he is for GINORMOUS government! He is a status quo guy through and through!

He also doesn't think Americans should be free as he's not in favor of repealing the Patriot Act .......and don't forget he was a bankster at the Federal Reserve Bank in KY and he SUPPORTED THE BAILOUTS and he'd continue to let the Federal Reserve control the money supply so we could look forward to more stealing by the Fed and endless inflation with King Cain..... and further reduced standard of living!

Sounds like a great option (not).

The choice is simple folks. You have to ask yourself. Do you want a FREE country and increased standard of living or not? There are only a few candidates who will deliver on those things. If you want freedom you need to vote for the candidates who have a track record that indicate they follow through on promises.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:23 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
I don't know about anybody else but I do know that no senior, living on fixed income, unless brain dead, is going to vote for Cain and his 9% federal sales tax. I may be senile but I can still count and any way you cut it, it's a 9% decrease in available income for fixed income seniors.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:30 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Cain, another big spender.

You can see it.

Where is his plan to cut the size of the bloated government?
Nothing?

What is his grand plan for Afghanistan? Iraq? Libya? Iran?
What is his stance on equal & unequal free trade?
Illegal alien parasites?
I'll tell you what it is:

Quote:
CAIN: I'll make the deal with you. The next time I come, I will have a specific point for you.
CAIN: Eliot, I can't tell you how much we need to cut this year until I look at the programs in detail as a person who has access to all the information .....

CAIN: No, I'm not going to say what I would do in a crisis that I would not have allowed to happen.
Herman Cain on CNN: 'The next time I come, I will have a specific point for you' - Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com

In summary, Herman Cain's policies boil down to "you'll have to elect me to find out" or "I'll get back to you."

Last edited by SoCalbound12; 10-09-2011 at 03:56 PM..

Old 10-09-2011, 03:41 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
I'll tell you what it is:

Herman Cain on CNN: 'The next time I come, I will have a specific point for you' - Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com

In summary, Herman Cain's policies boil down to "you'll have to elect me to find" or "I'll get back to you."

LOL! So true! He almost sounds like Nancy Pelosi in that respect!

Old 10-09-2011, 05:29 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
I just want to say that I'm looking to pay ONE tax not two that will be fair and be charged to everyone. It shouldn't be a jobs killer because of a burden placed on business. A flat tax is fine by me, not two taxes.

Old 10-09-2011, 05:45 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,896,239 times
999 turned upside down is 666. Don't say you haven't been warned.

Old 10-09-2011, 08:35 PM

309 posts, read 427,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I just want to say that I'm looking to pay ONE tax not two that will be fair and be charged to everyone. It shouldn't be a jobs killer because of a burden placed on business. A flat tax is fine by me, not two taxes.
Would a Flat Tax allow elimination of the IRS? I worry about a plan which does not eliminate the IRS since it could again grow and metastasize into the mess we currently have, as with anything our government does. The Fair Tax doesn't tax income, but is a national sales tax, eliminating the IRS. I don't care for either, but at least with the Fair Tax you would have control over the money you earned and able to make the decision on whether you could afford a purchase or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections