Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 04:36 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,854,871 times

Advertisements

What is it with Paul and his popularity with online denizens? Notice that exactly like the last election, his success doesn't translate outside of online forums like this one. The man's a lolbertarian who cracks me up with his speeches, really the only serious GOP candidate who has a chance against Obama is Romney or god forbid Perry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 04:43 PM

865 posts, read 676,118 times
You have to stay consistent. If you claim things are like the last election, then you need to address the fact that Romney also failed. But doing so, you ignore that things have changed considerably since the last go around for a good portion of Americans.

Old 10-10-2011, 04:48 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudcommando View Post
What is it with Paul and his popularity with online denizens? Notice that exactly like the last election, his success doesn't translate outside of online forums like this one. The man's a lolbertarian who cracks me up with his speeches, really the only serious GOP candidate who has a chance against Obama is Romney or god forbid Perry.
Yeah no one's going to take you seriously if the only point of your thread is to bash other people and say things like "lolbertarian." I'm not even a libertarian but this thread is just stupid.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:07 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,516,932 times
lolbertarian? That's the best you got?

Old 10-10-2011, 05:12 PM

242 posts, read 235,646 times
Quote:

well cos most of the people who spend their time online worshipping him are the 80 yr olds who don't have the means or desire to go out and vote, lolbertarian indeed is RP

Old 10-10-2011, 05:36 PM

753 posts, read 843,236 times
As a lefty-lib turned RP supporter, I thought the 'lolbertarian' was a tiny bit cute. Otherwise, there was no merit to the post. Or the previous one about Dr. Paul only being supported by seniors (I'm 38 and employed).

This man doesn't say things that you want to hear because the truth is hard to take. People laugh and boo because he says things they don't like but know on the inside he's very right on every issue.

He's the only person in my lifetime that I have felt could do things as President that both the extreme right and extreme left could agree upon.

Ron Paul knows liberty. Self-responsibility and 'live and let live'. I'm in!

Old 10-10-2011, 05:50 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,891 times
Libertarianism has an appeal for shut-ins and other people who are at a remove from larger society. For Ron Paul specifically the gold standard/audit the fed/nafta highway stuff appeals to internet conspiracy theorists and he doesn't do anything to downplay it, leading them to believe he's a fellow traveler.

Old 10-10-2011, 06:37 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,854,871 times
HA! Considering what Obama gets called here regularly, the responses here are hilarious. I for one do like obscure candidates, Huntsman happens to be my favorite. He actually believes in science and logic! But I know the teabaggers will probably bury him because he's not insane therefore he has no chance at the ticket.

Old 10-10-2011, 06:50 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:

Why would anyone vote for another Obama / Bush???

We need a Conservative, the polar opposite of a Progressive.

Ron Paul has proven to be the only Conservative in the race.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:10 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
You've never heard his speeches.
Only someone uninformed would laugh at the only person in Congress who correctly told us about the Housing Bubble that destroyed our economy from day one as well as told us we would be in danger and to expect an attack like 9/11 years before it happened.
Another reason is online people are more informed than those who do not get on the net. Many more sources, much less chance of unbiased info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections