Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 09:57 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,894,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Excellent. Romney's problem isn't that he's a Mormon, it's that he's inauthentic. Who knows what we'd be getting with him?
Well, not totally true. We know we'd be getting someone whose name isn't Barack Obama. That's good enough for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 10:00 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,558,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Well, not totally true. We know we'd be getting someone whose name isn't Barack Obama. That's good enough for me.
Dude man that's part of the problem. Settling for good enough... just ain't good enough.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Well, so much for "The Christie Bump".

Oh, and regarding Mr. Cain, he does NOT "own pizza stores".
He is the former CEO of Godfather's Pizza, whose so-called pizza would make any real NJ pizza lover vomit.
Wow, you hate ~everyone~ who might oppose Obama. Christie's fat, Romney is an immoral flip-flopper, Perry is a moron. Yet not a word of criticism for the ongoing failure in the White House now, who you undoubtedly voted for and who is a national disaster by any objective standard.

You're a good little serf, aren't you?

Old 10-13-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
Dude man that's part of the problem. Settling for good enough... just ain't good enough.
When the alternative is a proven failure and national disaster it will have to be good enough.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:21 AM

25,040 posts, read 27,794,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
When the alternative is a proven failure and national disaster it will have to be good enough.
I'm assuming you liked Bush then? Because Obama is doing almost the same things Bush is, but with liberal window dressing. Also, the president has no control over the economy, that's the Federal Reserve that ultimately has that control. Electing Romney or Cain will not make a difference. It hasn't in the past, it won't in the future

Old 10-13-2011, 11:07 AM

37,729 posts, read 40,764,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
But...when John Kerry changed his position on some issues, he was soundly attacked by the GOP. I certainly hope that you were not one of the ones who called Kerry a "flip-flopper", because otherwise you would be flirting with being called a hypocrite.

At least Kerry admitted that he had changed his positions on certain issues, as did Reagan.
As to Mr. Romney, he appears to have no acknowledgement that he has ever held any positions other than his current position of the month on a particular issue.
And, that is what I have a major problem with.
The flip floppers mostly come from the northeast...except John McCain who becomes a conservative during election years.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:15 AM

37,729 posts, read 40,764,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I'm assuming you liked Bush then? Because Obama is doing almost the same things Bush is, but with liberal window dressing. Also, the president has no control over the economy, that's the Federal Reserve that ultimately has that control. Electing Romney or Cain will not make a difference. It hasn't in the past, it won't in the future
The way Obama is using those drones and strikes, I'd make him the head of the Department of Defense or Sheriff of the US. Who knew he'd be so good at getting the bad guys? I have to say, as a conservative, I'm impressed with that aspect of his Presidency. Plus killing them where they live means less arguing over civilian versus military trials. We don't need no stinkin' "torture" or guys living high on the hog on the taxpayer's dime at Guantanamo. Let's just mow 'em down over there. (He should use this for the saving money argument.)

Old 10-13-2011, 12:28 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,603,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The way Obama is using those drones and strikes, I'd make him the head of the Department of Defense or Sheriff of the US. Who knew he'd be so good at getting the bad guys? I have to say, as a conservative, I'm impressed with that aspect of his Presidency. Plus killing them where they live means less arguing over civilian versus military trials. We don't need no stinkin' "torture" or guys living high on the hog on the taxpayer's dime at Guantanamo. Let's just mow 'em down over there. (He should use this for the saving money argument.)
I like that phrase alot. "High on the Hog at Guantanamo". Never thought I'd see High on the hog and guantanamo used in the same sentence.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:55 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,112,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post

Not really true, the President's overall agenda and administration sets the atmosphere for businesses and their confidence in expanding, spending money, hiring, etc. Once they have that confidence back you will start to see the economy turn around.

Obama and his administration has been so negative for businesses, they have just held on to any money the have. They are not expanding or hiring. Every time the economy shows any positive signs of growth they do something else to take it down. Obamacare is a good example which killed any recovery from the recession we saw.

Old 10-13-2011, 01:15 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,885,062 times
The unbrainwashed"I'm assuming you liked Bush then? Because Obama is doing almost the same things Bush is".

Amen, and it is no surprise. beginning with Rubin's courtship by Clinton, a RR Citigroup disciple has been in the WH at all times (Summers, Geitner, etc). We might as well just let Wall St officially be the president, as well as Congress, and make it official. 309 million serve these traitorous WS barbarians, who more often than not, act as enemies of the nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections