Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 11:04 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,207,727 times

Advertisements

For IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more info CONTACT:
Mail: thesecretofoz@gmail.com

Journalist, author and award-winning documentary film director, Bill Still, announced today on radio station KTKK out of Salt Lake City, Utah that he will seek the nomination of the Libertarian Party for President of the United States. He says he is currently in discussions with potential running mates.

“My platform centered like a laser beam on the monetary reform issue,” said Still. “This is the root cause of all our economic problems today and until this is addressed, no amount of stimulus or austerity will fix the U.S. economy. The Republicans and Democrats are barking up the wrong trees. As the great populist of the 1896 Presidential election campaign, William Jennings Bryan, put it in his famous "Cross of Gold" speech:

“We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government. We believe it. We believe it is a part of sovereignty….
“Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business.
“When we have restored the money of the Constitution, all other necessary reforms will be possible, and that until that is done there is no reform that can be accomplished.”
Still has already picked up support amongst the Libertarian delegations in Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and Utah. “We may well be the front-runners going into the Libertarian Party National Nominating Convention on May 2-6, 2012 in Las Vegas.”
According to Still, who wrote and directed the 1996 classic, The MoneyMasters, the 2010 award winning documentary The Secret of Oz, and the 2011 book, No More National Debt, “Simply ending the Fed, won’t fix this. As Prof. Milton Friedman told me, ‘If you end the Fed and do nothing about fractional reserve lending, you’ve done nothing.’”
“My proposal is very simple,” said Still. “It is really nothing new – just rediscovered at this critical juncture in U.S. history. As Professor Irving Fisher of Yale University explained it in his 1936 book, 100% Money:
“Nationalize money, but do not nationalize banking.”
“Here are the two inviolable pillars upon which any true reform of our economic system must rest,” said Still:
Pillar #1: End government borrowing. A sovereign nation does not have to borrow, in fact, being debt-free is the very definition of sovereignty. Pay off the existing bonds -- which is our National Debt -- as they come due, but pay them off with debt free U.S. Notes (or their electronic equivalents) instead of Federal Reserve Notes, which are all borrowed into existence.
Please see my short (3 min 54 sec) YouTube on this topic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW9oKt6vT-w

Pillar #2: Banks should only be able to lend money they actually have. This is called “full-reserve” banking. Before the crash, commercial banks were lending out between 10 and 300 times the amount of money they actually had. Therefore, they are in complete control of the American money supply, instead of we, the people being in control as is called for in Article 8:
“The Congress shall have Power To … coin Money, [and] regulate the Value thereof….”
Please see my short (5 min) YouTube on this topic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULEfalVnMJI

A YouTube of Still’s latest documentary can be found at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cq9yEVcGIU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 11:09 PM

Listen to his announcement in hour two on the Jake Shannon show, 10-10
K-Talk Radio Archives

Old 10-13-2011, 09:42 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,045,231 times
I was wondering why he's been quiet lately...

Old 10-13-2011, 09:50 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,917,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
I was wondering why he's been quiet lately...
Bill Still would be the only person I can think of, besides Jesse Ventura, to be his VP. I wish he'd be more active and come out of the woodwork more often, though

Old 10-13-2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Bill Still would be the only person I can think of, besides Jesse Ventura, to be his VP. I wish he'd be more active and come out of the woodwork more often, though
You mean Ron Pauls VP? He can't get Paul to meet with him.

Old 10-14-2011, 12:17 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,827,976 times
I am 100% behind Still, rather than another bs ticket with Barr or Root. Still/Gary or Still/Johnson ticket would be something I could get behind.

Old 10-14-2011, 12:28 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,986,531 times
Because journalist, author and award winning documentarian with ideas prepares you to run a country?

How come you are all not getting behind Gary Johnson? At least he's qualified to be President.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Because journalist, author and award winning documentarian with ideas prepares you to run a country?

How come you are all not getting behind Gary Johnson? At least he's qualified to be President.
Because he is not running as a Libertarian.

I like Still because of his focus on monetary reform, without that all other economic issues get worse.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:42 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,310,679 times
I will be voting for Bill Still too. He understands the money issue better then any candidate by far.

Old 10-15-2011, 03:17 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,827,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

Is there some unknown clause in the constitution that determines qualifications to be president that we are all not aware of?

I agree with Johnson on many issues, but he has recently tried to sell out his beliefs for his campaign (See Uganda). I stick by principle. Still represents my principles more so than Johnson, why do you want to limit who I am free to choose based on occupation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections