Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2011, 03:55 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Great post.

One of RP's big problems is his supporters. They think anyone who doesn't agree 100% with RP is stupid or ignorant. And they further believe RP is infallible. It's a scary combination.
I totally agree and rep'd you for it!
they will only vote for Paul, which is one of the reasons we have the hack
we have today!
I will vote for ANYONE that is running against Obama, but it will not be Ron Paul
because he does not have a bats chance in hell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 03:59 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
I don't want to become a "groupie" of any politician or any celebrity etc...I reserve my right to stand back and hold on to my "senses" and my own mind etc...I'm not a "group person" anyway. Groups promote "like-minded thinking." This is why I "declared my independence" from both political parties a long time ago. (So I wouldn't be bombarded with "party line propoganda!")...I don't want to be a "follower" in a "group!" And I don't put any politician up on a pedestal and "buy into" everything they say or do...They are politicians after all! They have a vested interest in winning votes and staying in office or "moving up the ladder" and running for higher and higher offices...They are not really "my friend" per se or "god" or someone that "means" everything they "say." Or even if they do seem sincere I know that one person alone can't "change everything" overnight! And I've watched politicians at all levels break their promises once they get into office or become even more "corrupt!"....I used to be more idealistic when I was younger. But I'm old now and I've been throough lots of election cycles. I've seen them all "come and go" and I feel differently today.
well stated!
I agree, Ron Paul's supporters are just as single-minded as Obama's
and a real turn off!!
But besides that, Ron Paul is a total FLAKE!

Old 10-19-2011, 04:58 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
well stated!
and a real turn off!!
I am a supporter of Dr. Paul ... And i admit to being passionate about what he has represented for over 30 years now. And i admit to being frustrated and some times blunt. However i am increasingly incredulous about how so many people can be so irresponsible ...

So many people want us to be at war all over the planet, and they want the government to control every aspect of our lives(because they cant control themselves obviously) through federalizing everything that should be regulated by the market, and the whole time we are going broke and the government keeps getting bigger and we keep starting more wars and then they just want to print more money to pay for it all because we are broke ...

Where does the insanity end? What will it take for people to understand? WE CANT AFFORD IT ... !

Old 10-19-2011, 05:00 PM

4,164 posts, read 6,316,466 times
Quote:
well stated!
and a real turn off!!
I guess the Obama supporters keep making excuses for him. I wonder if Ron Paul supporters would do the same thing if Paul did get elected and couldn't "produce!"

Old 10-19-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
I guess the Obama supporters keep making excuses for him. I wonder if Ron Paul supporters would do the same thing if Paul did get elected and couldn't "produce!"
I have no doubt that if Paul made it to the white house that he would be heavily resisted by the banker shills and the military industrial complex reps who are installed in the legislative branches of government, but he would have the power of veto and he is the commander and chief of the armed forces so he would have all the power in the world to stop these illegal wars, and i'm confident he could get plenty of public support so long as he remained true to his promises and did his best to fight special interest groups in Washington.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:20 PM
pth

274 posts, read 459,065 times
Quote:
I have based my thought of him from what I have heard HIM say
mainly
IRAN: it is okay for them to have the nuke
he wants to bring ALL our troops home from around the world
I do not hate him, I just think he would make a lousy president
but that is no worry, because he will never be one
I also find him rude, but that is besides the point
I also think his son is just as loopy!!
Not necessarily. He believes in diplomacy..not having troops in 130 countries. Especially in countries that we've left 30 years ago.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I am a supporter of Dr. Paul ... And i admit to being passionate about what he has represented for over 30 years now. And i admit to being frustrated and some times blunt. However i am increasingly incredulous about how so many people can be so irresponsible ...

So many people want us to be at war all over the planet, and they want the government to control every aspect of our lives(because they cant control themselves obviously) through federalizing everything that should be regulated by the market, and the whole time we are going broke and the government keeps getting bigger and we keep starting more wars and then they just want to print more money to pay for it all because we are broke ...

Where does the insanity end? What will it take for people to understand? WE CANT AFFORD IT ... !
You're definitely entitled to your thoughts and feelings and beliefs!...Ron Paul had trouble climbing up to the "top tier" in the last election and he seems to be facing the same situation this time around too. But who know??...Some candidates are just not "favored" by an overwhelming majority of voters. (For whatever reason,) And it takes a majority to win the nomination...We can't really "force" other people to "want" who we "want." Most of the time the candidate I "like" and "want the most" doesn't win the party nomination. It's rare. And I just have to accept "what is" and go from there....If my candidate never seems to climb up to the "top tier" I brace myself for disappointment and try to see if there is someone else I "like" too. (Ahead of time.) And sometimes there is no one else "right off the bat." But in the end I have to decide on someone and go on anyway.....I've been through so many election cycles. And I tend to take most of what politicians say and promise with a "grain of salt."

Old 10-19-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
You're definitely entitled to your thoughts and feelings and beliefs!...Ron Paul had trouble climbing up to the "top tier" in the last election and he seems to be facing the same situation this time around too. But who know??...Some candidates are just not "favored" by an overwhelming majority of voters. (For whatever reason,) And it takes a majority to win the nomination...We can't really "force" other people to "want" who we "want." Most of the time the candidate I "like" and "want the most" doesn't win the party nomination. It's rare. And I just have to accept "what is" and go from there....If my candidate never seems to climb up to the "top tier" I brace myself for disappointment and try to see if there is someone else I "like" too. (Ahead of time.) And sometimes there is no one else "right off the bat." But in the end I have to decide on someone and go on anyway.....I've been through so many election cycles. And I tend to take most of what politicians say and promise with a "grain of salt."
I understand how you feel ... However, "cant never did nothing".

"The problems of this world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were." (or things others say can never be)

You have to keep fighting for what you believe in, and you can never stop believing if you know it is right, that is the meaning of honor and integrity ... certain things are self evident.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:12 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,812,110 times
For those who say "Ooo what if Ron Paul becomes president and then betray everyone and then not do what he says?" (a ploy of fearmongering Ron Paul supporters I'm sure, but won't work ), my reply is this -

"If you think you cannot trust an honest person who, with his voting record, has put his money were his mouth is, for 30 friggin' years (and that's a long time to wage a lonely war), why then, would you even THINK to trust ANY other candidate in the race, who has already proven that they can flip-flop in a much shorter political career than Paul's? If you won't vote even for Paul because you think he can flip-flop, why vote at all?"

Old 10-19-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I understand how you feel ... However, "cant never did nothing".

"The problems of this world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were." (or things others say can never be)

You have to keep fighting for what you believe in, and you can never stop believing if you know it is right, that is the meaning of honor and integrity ... certain things are self evident.
I've learned not to put very much "stock" or faith in politicians. I vote for the candidate who seems like the best choice (to me) and hope for the best...I think it's important to pay attention and do research on all the candidates. I believe that it's important to vote. Some people might call me a "political junkie" because I spend my days trying to take everything "in." I just want to be as informed as possible before I vote...I was raised in a very "political home." I stayed up to watch election results from the time I was a toddler. I'm sure my parents are probably "rolling over in their graves" and upset at all of the "political backstabbing" that goes on today....I think Ron Paul may seem a little too radical to average voters and this is why he never rises to the "top tier." Most people feel that changes are needed but they fear "drastic changes" all at once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections