Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 01:10 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,529,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
I will be voting for Obama because he is doing a very good job on the economy. He has his faults but he is the best candidate in my opinion.

Since 2008, the US economy has created almost 2.5 million private sector jobs. This is more jobs created in the private sector than all 8 years of the previous admin.

At the same time, over 0.5 million public sector jobs have been eliminated.

Obama is growing the private sector and shrinking the public sector.

CARPE DIEM: Today's Employment Report: Since Jan. 2010, -500k Government Jobs, +2.5 Million Private Jobs

The President has pursued very good policies to encourage this healthy recovery. I will be giving him my vote in 2012.
Welcome come on in the waters fine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 01:34 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,009,038 times
Quote:
I will be voting for Obama because he is doing a very good job on the economy. He has his faults but he is the best candidate in my opinion.

Since 2008, the US economy has created almost 2.5 million private sector jobs. This is more jobs created in the private sector than all 8 years of the previous admin.

CARPE DIEM: Today's Employment Report: Since Jan. 2010, -500k Government Jobs, +2.5 Million Private Jobs

The President has pursued very good policies to encourage this healthy recovery. I will be giving him my vote in 2012.
Can I please have a sample of what you're smoking?

and this: http://www.hark.com/clips/kpmgdzqllc...lip=bnfjklscqt

Last edited by Snort; 10-17-2011 at 03:02 PM..

Old 10-17-2011, 03:37 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,165,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
Can I please have a sample of what you're smoking?

and this: Hark: Sound Clips, Movie Quotes and Ringtones

lol...my thoughts exactly. While I understand die hard Obama supporters still voting for him, I don't understand converts and what they are thinking.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:43 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,931,450 times
I voted for Obama in 2008, but there have been some issues I am not happy with him on. I had been looking a Paul as a possible alternative, the rest of the GOP wannabes are not worth a second thought, that is until I saw his plans posted on this website. I WILL be voting for Obama again in 2012, there are no other viable choices in 2012 IMO, too bad the GOP has slipped so much in quality over the last 20 years.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:45 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,931,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
lol...my thoughts exactly. While I understand die hard Obama supporters still voting for him, I don't understand converts and what they are thinking.
Look at your own candidates and you might find your answer.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:58 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,165,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Look at your own candidates and you might find your answer.

ANY and I do many all of our current candidates would be an improvement.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:02 PM

605 posts, read 704,606 times
I just hope Obama toughens up more and stops taking bull from the RepubliCAN'T party.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:35 PM

927 posts, read 1,458,489 times
this topic goes to show how lost people are ...
People still don't see the game this pres. is playing.
He is playing the heart string game ... when ever the economy is down people grasp at straws

Look at the broken campaign promises he has - the smaller voter groups!

and the one's he tried to do something about - the bigger voter groups.

Don't you people get it yet or still?

Look at the hoopla he was yakking in North Carolina today - what a joke!

Republicans are trying to stop the airport renovation in Ashville?
SERIOUSLY? People believe that?
How many people are going to get the jobs? ... so people can go to Biltmore Estates and sample the wine?

Old 10-17-2011, 05:57 PM

106 posts, read 157,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I voted for Obama in 2008, but there have been some issues I am not happy with him on. I had been looking a Paul as a possible alternative, the rest of the GOP wannabes are not worth a second thought, that is until I saw his plans posted on this website. I WILL be voting for Obama again in 2012, there are no other viable choices in 2012 IMO, too bad the GOP has slipped so much in quality over the last 20 years.
I gotta agree with this specifically. I would have expected the GOP to step it up for 2012 but it really looks like a circus.

I would vote for Ron Paul but he seems to be losing steam and is still being ignored by the media. The conservative base seems to be putting all their support into the flip-flopping, big-business centered snake known as Mitt Romney, and I will not be voting for him under any circumstance.

Old 10-17-2011, 06:01 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,909,539 times
Quote:

the president has had lousy policies and we are being victimized as a country by them.

first of all, national review has almost polar opposite statistics to what you posted so i will have to check that out to see what source you had for your statistics:
The Unemployment Rate in Perspective - By Veronique de Rugy - The Corner - National Review Online

here is what i DO know though. what kind of jobs are being "created"? low wage and dead end jobs, that is all. (oh, and part time jobs)

view these BLS statistics:

Hispanics comprised 49.9 percent of the foreign-born labor force in 2010, compared with 8.2 percent ofthe native-born labor force. In 2010, 26.5 percent of the foreign-born labor force age 25 and over had not completed high school, compared with 5.4 percent of the native-born labor force.

Labor Force and Unemployment
In 2010, the labor force participation rate of the foreign born was unchanged at 67.9 percent. From 2009 to 2010, the labor force participation rate of the native born fell by 0.8 percentage point to 64.1 percent. In 2010, both the number of foreign-born labor force participants (24.4 million) and their share of the U.S. civilian labor force (15.8 percent) increased after showing little change in 2008 and 2009. The share of the U.S. civilian labor force that was foreign born grew steadily from 1996 to 2007.

The labor force participation rate of foreign-born men was 80.1 percent in 2010, compared with 69.5 percent for native-born men. The gap was narrower for women; 55.7 percent of foreign-born women were labor force participants, compared with 59.1 percent of native-born women.

The labor force participation rate of foreign-born mothers with children under age 18 was 60.8 percent in 2010, well below the figure of 73.2 percent for native-born mothers.

so what do we see here?

we see LESS educated FOREIGN born getting more jobs, while the native job rate is FALLING. we can conclude then that the jobs being filled pay less and have less of a future. oh, and look at the increase in part-time, NOT FULL TIME wages. we also now see more dependent children in poverty. -with hispanic children overtaking other groups in poverty-oiver 6.1 million:

Poverty rose since Barack Obama was elected — particularly among Hispanics, who now account for the most kids living in poverty among the three largest racial groups, the Pew Hispanic Center reported, using 2010 statistics. The nation has nearly 15 million children living in poverty.

6.1 million Hispanic children live in poverty — 4.1 million of them children of immigrants. The center did not break down the number into legal and illegal immigrants, although it said 86.2% of the children of immigrants were born in the USA.

5 million white children live in poverty, as do 4.4 million black children.

“In 2010, 37.3% of poor children were Latino, 30.5% were white and 26.6% were black,” Pew said.

here is the link for the entire article:

Hispanics surpass whites in poverty « Don Surber

you might want to look at the other tables to see who pays the taxes. (the ones that fund the government ). it looks like the ones losing their jobs were the biggest taxpayers! that doesn't seem to be very good planning....

RUT-ROW!

Last edited by floridasandy; 10-17-2011 at 06:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections