Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 09:21 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,806,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
I know a thing or two about cancer. My husband died of pancreatic cancer last year. And my son is "battling" a fast-growing brain tumor right now...From my perspective the "cancer" we have in our country today stems from all of the hate and blame and finger-pointing that is taking place...And all of the silly."games" and "mind trips" and brainwashing! (On both sides!)...Politicians have split us apart and turned us against each other. A "divided country" isn't going to make wise decisions. We stumble around like the "three blind mice" going after each other with butcher knives. And this isn't being "smart" at all.
Very sorry to hear about your personal troubles. Agree about the rest you said too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 09:32 AM

9,879 posts, read 7,994,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
By the third year of his presidency we'd have a balanced Federal Budget.

................Many of the ideas in Paul’s 11-page “Plan to Restore America” are familiar from Paul’s staunch libertarianism, as well as tea party favorites like eliminating the departments of education and energy. But Paul goes further: he’ll propose immediately freezing spending by numerous government agencies at 2006 levels, the last time Republicans had complete control of the federal budget, and drastically reducing spending elsewhere. The EPA would see a 30 percent cut, the Food and Drug Administration would see one of 40 percent and foreign aid would be zeroed out immediately. He’d also take an ax to Pentagon funding for wars................................[LEFT]
Read more: Ron Paul to propose $1T in specific budget cuts - Dan Hirschhorn - POLITICO.com
[/LEFT]
When I first read your title, I read it as
Ron Paul's plan to set the country back
I was like,
I'd rephrase it to state:
Paul's plan moves the country Forward

Old 10-18-2011, 11:09 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,833,055 times
Paul Seeks $1 Trillion Spending Cuts - WSJ.com

Old 10-18-2011, 11:44 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,880,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You obviously didn't pay attention so why comment? I haven't found more than a couple republicans or democrats that believe in big government cuts. Out of control military spending is ignored by most candidates just as you ignored the details of Ron Pauls policies.
I read the lists and disagreed with more than a couple of what I would call crackpot ideas. Your failed claim that I did not listen hence should not have replied is a typical tactic of those attempting to nulify another posters words. FYI, I did not post to you I posted to the OP of this thread to thank them for the info, it just got under your skin that the information did not have the desired affect but had the opposite. I was interested in Paul from what I heard up to this week, then I saw more details and I am no longer interested in the man as an alternative. FYI, this entire debate is pointless since the right will be forced to vote for a Neo-Con, Romney. Enjoy

Old 10-18-2011, 12:02 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,503,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Real change

Old 10-18-2011, 01:11 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,806,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I read the lists and disagreed with more than a couple of what I would call crackpot ideas.
What exactly are they?

Old 10-18-2011, 03:30 PM

4,166 posts, read 6,295,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Very sorry to hear about your personal troubles. Agree about the rest you said too.
Thanks!

Old 10-18-2011, 03:57 PM

37,939 posts, read 17,772,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I read the lists and disagreed with more than a couple of what I would call crackpot ideas. Your failed claim that I did not listen hence should not have replied is a typical tactic of those attempting to nulify another posters words. FYI, I did not post to you I posted to the OP of this thread to thank them for the info, it just got under your skin that the information did not have the desired affect but had the opposite. I was interested in Paul from what I heard up to this week, then I saw more details and I am no longer interested in the man as an alternative. FYI, this entire debate is pointless since the right will be forced to vote for a Neo-Con, Romney. Enjoy
The post was so inaccurate it was laughable.

Simply absurd to say this
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas
I notice many of the things Paul suggests are he same old GOP issues and ideas, the details show he is no way any different from the rest of the field.

I'll ask again since you didn't pay attention the first time.

Who are the republicans or democrats running for office that believe in big government cuts besides Ron Paul?
answer none

Which candidate running for office wants to cut out of control military spending besides Ron Paul?
answer none

Simply amazing the amount of people blind to the facts.

Old 10-18-2011, 04:06 PM

37,939 posts, read 17,772,517 times
Quote:
I know a thing or two about cancer. My husband died of pancreatic cancer last year. And my son is "battling" a fast-growing brain tumor right now...From my perspective the "cancer" we have in our country today stems from all of the hate and blame and finger-pointing that is taking place...And all of the silly."games" and "mind trips" and brainwashing! (On both sides!)...Politicians have split us apart and turned us against each other. A "divided country" isn't going to make wise decisions. We stumble around like the "three blind mice" going after each other with butcher knives. And this isn't being "smart" at all.
In an earlier post you correctly mention the benefits given to corporations.

"Corporations pretty much "own" and control our cities with all of their "chain outlets." Mayors and council members make "deals" with corporations and offer them "freebies" and tax breaks so they will open "big box" stores in their cities...Small business owners don't get these kinds of "breaks." Most people have to go to work for corporations or take various level government jobs because it's not easy to "stay in business" as a small business anymore."

Keep government out of the economy business. They have proven to be utter failures and they assist their buddies.

but then you mention this
Quote:
Politicians have split us apart and turned us against each other. A "divided country" isn't going to make wise decisions. We stumble around like the "three blind mice" going after each other with butcher knives. And this isn't being "smart" at all.
Politicians force us to make decisions based on their unsound policies. I love a divided Congress. That means they can't manipulate us as easily. Why have government run our lives? They've done a horrible job.

treat the cause, not the symptom - Stop our over reaching Big Federal Government from running our lives into the ground.

Old 10-18-2011, 04:51 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,534,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
This is the only candidate that tell you exactly what he is going to know and where and how it can be done.

Now like someone who offer HOPE and CHANGE.
or 'trust me - I'll get together with my experts and make that decison when the time comes'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqiol...eature=related
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections