Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will you vote for in the GOP Primary?
Michele Bachmann 1 2.44%
Herman Cain 5 12.20%
Newt Gingrich 1 2.44%
Jon Huntsman 2 4.88%
Gary Johnson 1 2.44%
Ron Paul 24 58.54%
Rick Perry 2 4.88%
Mitt Romney 4 9.76%
Rick Santorum 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 11:26 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,811,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I suppose I could do it, vote, and then change back and never tell anyone that I was Republican for a while.
Exactly. It will be your little secret.

Give this article a read: Robin Koerner: If You Love Peace, Become a "Blue Republican" (Just for a Year)

That's what started the whole 'Blue Republican' movement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 11:32 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
If Huntsman is still in by the time my state has it's primary (it all depends on New Hampshire), I'm voting for Huntsman. If not, I probably won't vote in the primary, and I have no idea what I'll do in the general.
Huntsman is a good choice, if your not picking Paul But please, regardless, vote in the primary - it does matter

Old 10-18-2011, 11:42 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,201,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Huntsman is a good choice, if your not picking Paul But please, regardless, vote in the primary - it does matter
Sorry, but except for his anti establishment stand against the R's leadership, and some of his foreign policy views, I disagree with just about everything that comes out of Ron Paul's mouth. The truth--we have terrible choices this round. If worst comes to worst, I will vote for Obama in the general over most of them (the horror ) or I'll just stay home. I'm not alone either.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:44 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
I'm thinking of becoming a blue republican. But then, who to vote for? Not Romney. He's actually got a chance to beat Obama in the general. Certainly not Cain. All the far right conservatives will be showing up in the "short buses" to vote for him and he actually might get the nomination, which would be a disaster for the economy and the country. Probably vote for Jon Huntsman. He probably doesn't stand a chance because he's rational, has the experience necessary and will get things done in Washington through consensus. His impeccable credentials spell his political doom to the "Monty Python episode" that is the Republican party right now. So no chance for him to get the nomination. But if by some chance he did, I'd vote for him in the General election. As far as I'm concerned, he is the best man standing in the whole political spectrum, Republican or Democrat.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:47 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
What set of choices! A parade Birch Society nuts.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:01 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Sorry, but except for his anti establishment stand against the R's leadership, and some of his foreign policy views, I disagree with just about everything that comes out of Ron Paul's mouth. The truth--we have terrible choices this round. If worst comes to worst, I will vote for Obama in the general over most of them (the horror ) or I'll just stay home. I'm not alone either.
I don't know anyone that is voting for Obama who is not
a die hard dem - no, I take that back - I know die hard dems that aren't voting for Obama
You had terrible choices last round....
I also don't know many that plan on staying home.
I'm not alone either

Foreign policy should be enough to get your ass out
the door, and vote for Paul

Old 10-18-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I'm thinking of becoming a blue republican. But then, who to vote for? Not Romney. He's actually got a chance to beat Obama in the general. Certainly not Cain. All the far right conservatives will be showing up in the "short buses" to vote for him and he actually might get the nomination, which would be a disaster for the economy and the country. Probably vote for Jon Huntsman. He probably doesn't stand a chance because he's rational, has the experience necessary and will get things done in Washington through consensus. His impeccable credentials spell his political doom to the "Monty Python episode" that is the Republican party right now. So no chance for him to get the nomination. But if by some chance he did, I'd vote for him in the General election. As far as I'm concerned, he is the best man standing in the whole political spectrum, Republican or Democrat.
I honestly think he's the only one who can beat Obama, and the only one out of the R primary crowd that I'd want to see as president. He's the only one that IS presidential material. The Obama team tapped him as an ambassador in a move to "keep your enemies close" because they knew he was their single biggest threat.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I don't know anyone that is voting for Obama who is not
a die hard dem - no, I take that back - I know die hard dems that aren't voting for Obama
You had terrible choices last round....
I also don't know many that plan on staying home.
I'm not alone either

Foreign policy should be enough to get your ass out
the door, and vote for Paul
Do you know anyone who isn't a far right wing republican? I hate to tell you this, but there are lots of moderates and independents out there who aren't going to support the far end of the R party this time--moderates yes, far right, no. I may not be crazy about Obama, but at least I know what to expect from him. Some of these other candidates are nuts. I respect your choice to vote for Paul--I know his supporters are passionate, and that's a good thing--but he's not for me, and he doesn't have a shot at winning the primary, let alone the general.

Just because I don't support him doesn't mean you shouldn't. Passion is a good thing.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:28 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I suppose I could do it, vote, and then change back and never tell anyone that I was Republican for a while.
I did it, worst thing that happened was I got a few mailings from local republican candidates for town council and such. Well worth it to be able to vote for someone that I believe in, even if I dont support the party they are stuck with.

And to answer the question, obviously, Ill be voting for Paul.

Old 10-18-2011, 01:50 PM

529 posts, read 363,669 times
Quote:
Just stay home then. Obviously if you want to vote for ANYONE other than Ron Paul you want more debt,more wars,more homeless people crowding the streets.Do us a big favor and stay home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections