Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Could you vote for a Ron Paul/Herman Cain ticket?
Yes 22 24.72%
No 59 66.29%
Maybe so 8 8.99%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 01:14 PM

272 posts, read 208,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyeats View Post
If you truly believe that highlighted above line in BOLD...
And worse...

If Ron Paul were to believe that line to be true... there would be absolutely zero chance of him winning. Why run against Obama if you cannot beat him???

The whole point of running against Obama *IS* to beat him.

So if *you* (not me and I am sure there are others who truly believes in him...) believes Cain to BE the bigger idiot than even Obama (because really most all conservative will believe that there will be NO BIGGER FOOL than OBAMA himself)...
THEN *YOU* surely a leftist spy who would so said to support Ron Paul but will KNOW that Ron Paul WILL NOT win against Obama. Either that or Ron Paul himself is in cahoots to make sure NO GOP candidate will win this election.

Easy theory.

P.S. I don't mind people trying to censor me... it only PROVES that THEY are the COMMUNIST. *NOT ME* who believes in true freedom of expressions. That is why they fear Herman Cain, the very best chance to win.

comedy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 01:18 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,177,908 times
The only way I'm voting at all is if Ron Paul is running.
And I don't care who else is on the ticket- Bozo the clown or Charlie Sheen; Ron Paul or nothing at all

Old 10-21-2011, 01:19 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,760,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyeats
And worse...

If Ron Paul were to believe that line to be true... there would be absolutely zero chance of him winning. Why run against Obama if you cannot beat him???

So if *you* (not me and I am sure there are others who truly believes in him...) believes Cain to BE the bigger idiot than even Obama (because really most all conservative will believe that there will be NO BIGGER FOOL than OBAMA himself)...
THEN *YOU* surely a leftist spy who would so said to support Ron Paul but will KNOW that Ron Paul WILL NOT win against Obama. Either that or Ron Paul himself is in cahoots to make sure NO GOP candidate will win this election.

Easy theory.

P.S. I don't mind people trying to censor me... it only PROVES that THEY are the COMMUNIST. *NOT ME* who believes in true freedom of expressions. That is why they fear Herman Cain, the very best chance to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gametime View Post
comedy
Indeed ... Hilarious!

Old 10-21-2011, 01:23 PM

272 posts, read 208,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
The only way I'm voting at all is if Ron Paul is running.
And I don't care who else is on the ticket- Bozo the clown or Charlie Sheen; Ron Paul or nothing at all
hahahaha...awesome

Old 10-21-2011, 02:23 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,811,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyeats View Post
And worse...

Easy theory.

I like your imagination (me wanting RP to win the nomination so that Obama can win the elections), but it's simply not true.

This is the difference between RP supporters and the rest of you - we support RP because we believe in that person (and ONLY that person), while you just want to go with whoever you think has the best chance to beat Obama per the latest polls. Tomorrow if the tide turns and polls suddenly has Bachmann up on top as the hotshot, would you still stick with Cain, or would you now go with Bachmann, because now you think she has the best chance to beat Obama? I think you would do the latter. RP supporters do NOT just automatically pick the most lovable/mainstream/funny/black candidate - they always pick err..RP. We will then work towards bringing up RP as the best candidate to beat Obama (which he already is kinda, BTW). Replacing Obama with Cain is just changing the wardens in the prison. You will continue to have big government spending, loss of civil liberties, erosion of the middle class and deficit spending. I don't see what we gain.

As long as you believe more in wanting the one you hate to lose, than wanting the one you love to win, you won't have the passion to stand by your candidate through thick and thin.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:44 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
I like your imagination (me wanting RP to win the nomination so that Obama can win the elections), but it's simply not true.

This is the difference between RP supporters and the rest of you - we support RP because we believe in that person (and ONLY that person), while you just want to go with whoever you think has the best chance to beat Obama per the latest polls. Tomorrow if the tide turns and polls suddenly has Bachmann up on top as the hotshot, would you still stick with Cain, or would you now go with Bachmann, because now you think she has the best chance to beat Obama? I think you would do the latter. RP supporters do NOT just automatically pick the most lovable/mainstream/funny/black candidate - they always pick err..RP. We will then work towards bringing up RP as the best candidate to beat Obama (which he already is kinda, BTW). Replacing Obama with Cain is just changing the wardens in the prison. You will continue to have big government spending, loss of civil liberties, erosion of the middle class and deficit spending. I don't see what we gain.

As long as you believe more in wanting the one you hate to lose, than wanting the one you love to win, you won't have the passion to stand by your candidate through thick and thin.
I agree with this, somewhat... I don't care who Ron Paul is, I support his principles, and his principles only. If Ron Paul drops out, I will support the candidate that is most similar to Paul's principles.

Paul's stances

1. Cut government spending tremendously
2. Lower taxes by doing away with the IRS and the income tax
3. Reduce the debt
4. Stop printing money, back the currency up with something other than "belief"
5. Bring the troops home
6. US should adopt non-interventionist policies-- not isolationist policies.
7. Free trade is important (no tariffs)
8. Less subsidies and handouts for illegal immigrants
9. Control the border (stop the inflow of illegals)
10. Audit/End the federal reserve
11. Pass a constitutional amendment that defines "life begins at conception"
12. Austrian Economics (not Keynesian economics)
13. Give the states the right to legalize currently illegal acts (drugs, gambling...etc)

Now lets compare which of the stances I listed above the democrats and republicans support (or at least claim to support)...

Republicans
#1, #2~somewhat, #3, #7, #8, #9, #10~somewhat, #11, #12

Democrats (Obama)
#5, #6

No Main Party Supports
#4, #13

From this you can see that obviously the Republicans are more inline with Ron Paul's principles. This is also why Ron Paul is part of the Republican party. This is why, if Ron Paul doesn't win the nomination-- I will be voting for the republican candidate. I'd advise anyone who agrees with the principles listed under "republicans" to do the same. However, if you are just supporting Paul because of his non-interventionist foreign policy outlook and his wanting to bring the troops home-- then go vote for Obama.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:25 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,811,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
I agree with this, somewhat... I don't care who Ron Paul is, I support his principles, and his principles only. If Ron Paul drops out, I will support the candidate that is most similar to Paul's principles.

Paul's stances

1. Cut government spending tremendously
2. Lower taxes by doing away with the IRS and the income tax
3. Reduce the debt
4. Stop printing money, back the currency up with something other than "belief"
5. Bring the troops home
6. US should adopt non-interventionist policies-- not isolationist policies.
7. Free trade is important (no tariffs)
8. Less subsidies and handouts for illegal immigrants
9. Control the border (stop the inflow of illegals)
10. Audit/End the federal reserve
11. Pass a constitutional amendment that defines "life begins at conception"
12. Austrian Economics (not Keynesian economics)
13. Give the states the right to legalize currently illegal acts (drugs, gambling...etc)

Now lets compare which of the stances I listed above the democrats and republicans support (or at least claim to support)...

Republicans
#1, #2~somewhat, #3, #7, #8, #9, #10~somewhat, #11, #12

Democrats (Obama)
#5, #6

No Main Party Supports
#4, #13

From this you can see that obviously the Republicans are more inline with Ron Paul's principles. This is also why Ron Paul is part of the Republican party. This is why, if Ron Paul doesn't win the nomination-- I will be voting for the republican candidate. I'd advise anyone who agrees with the principles listed under "republicans" to do the same. However, if you are just supporting Paul because of his non-interventionist foreign policy outlook and his wanting to bring the troops home-- then go vote for Obama.
I don't agree that Republicans are more in line with the Ron Paul's principles you outlined, and Democrats are for bringing the troops back home and adopting a non-interventionist policy. The fact of the matter is that, both parties are equally guilty of not adhering to ANY of the above, except maybe the abortion part. Sure they all talk about it, but no one acts on it.

Republicans talk about cutting the spending, but refuses to cut the military spending, without which the budget will _not_ balance. I want to see anyone who claims this can be done, to show me the numbers. Not 10 years later, not 20 years later, but within their first year of presidency. You think the Republicans understand Austrian economics? Who talks about it other than Ron Paul? If not for Ron Paul, forget ending the Fed, are they even going to audit the Fed? Hell no..

As for Democrats being peace lovers, how about WWI (Woodrow Wilson), WWII (FDR)? Korean War (Harry S. Truman)? Vietnam (LBJ)? Kosovo War (Clinton)? Continuation of the Afghanistan and Iraq wars (Obama)? Libya (Obama)?

Both Republican party and the Democratic party are the wings of the same bird of prey, man..

Old 10-21-2011, 07:59 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,455,677 times
Quote:
.................................................. ...............................................
.................................................. ...............................................
As for Democrats being peace lovers, how about WWI (Woodrow Wilson), WWII (FDR)? Korean War (Harry S. Truman)? Vietnam (LBJ)? Kosovo War (Clinton)? Continuation of the Afghanistan and Iraq wars (Obama)? Libya (Obama)?

Both Republican party and the Democratic party are the wings of the same bird of prey, man..
I couldn't agree more. Why don't we just trash the stupid parties and vote for the candidates that speak to the ISSUES people care most about? These days it is the BASICS like FREEDOM since we are talking about saving our country.... or continuing to be slaves until we end up like Zimbabwe.

Therefore it might behoove us to vote for the candidate(s) most likely to RESTORE our freedom. Certainly Herman Cain isn't one of them ....but Ron Paul is.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:23 AM

2,401 posts, read 4,683,928 times
Quote:

See... again you are not me and would never know what I think for the matter of fact.

If there were 2 candidate, Bachmann and Cain... guess what???
I'd still vote for Cain.... why???? Bachmann is not well liked at all by some and cannot unite the USA the way Cain would... the way I would have wanted it united (class & race both).

Oh and as for Cain is like changing a place with Obama...
I do not believe that.
Cain is born in the USA from quite a few generations... is LOYAL to his people.
Obama is born in USA, of a parent not of USA & his childhood friends (indonesians), college friends (you know who) is more sympathetic to foreigners than *his own people* from the good ol' USA (hell he even invited the Russians to witness our military secrets... the latest... worst than even Clinton did).
NOT from that same cloth at all...
If you think Cain is on that same level as Obama... than again you are NOT conservative. Why????
Super few conservative think there is anyone worse than Obama... simple as that.

So you not being me...

You cannot tell me how would I vote.... even if the candidate were to change.
Not even Palin would sway me from Cain.

And Cain IS leading. Hopefully taking it all the way so my whole *point* in voting (Obama to be out of the white house for good) will come to reality.

Yes...and it is to *beat* Obama.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:26 AM

4,538 posts, read 4,811,230 times
I would vote for ANY ticket that has Ron Paul as the president. Cain would not swing a significant portion of the black Obama supporters, but Mitt might bring a sizable number of white supporters over the fence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections