Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 11:28 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
We need this guy in office--I hope this country can stop watching the crap on tv long enough to understand that Ron Paul is who we need
Me too. I honestly believe the only reason the Republicans took control of the House and Senate in Clinton's administration was because of the World Series baseball strike. Joe six-pack had to watch something else, like the election news, and got agitated and motivated to get off the couch and vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 11:28 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Eliminate the Fed, then why did he name some as who he would have run it. Any other plans he does not plan on implementing, like those you listed above. Paul will never be elected, but if by some miracle all the other candidates dropped dead and Obama quit and he was elected he would fid out real quick that his crackpot ideas cannot be acted upon, one wouldthink someone that has been in Washingtoon and Politics as long as he has would know that. Or does he and is just mouthing words to pander to his followers. So is he a Liar or a Crackpot, one or the other folks.

Quoting myself from another thread where you jump to the same illogical conclusion...

Quote:
If you follow what Paul says on most of the topics where "shutting something down" is involved, he wants to do it gradually. I know this flies against the lies people make up that he wants to "shut things down" and screw people, but he has repeatedly said these things need to be done in a controlled fashion.

In order to do so, you have to have good people running them while you dissolve them and fold the critical parts into other organizations. It is basic planning, shouldnt be such a hard concept...oh, unless of course your agenda is just to be critical of someone while intentionally ignoring the actual truth of the situation.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:37 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Quoting myself from another thread where you jump to the same illogical conclusion...
In other words, he might do it, eventually, or not at all when the rest of the government tells him to sit down and shut the @#*$ up, which they very well can. You do realize he would be a President without a Party (the Tea Party, LOL, does not count), meaning he would have no power to do squat.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
In other words, he might do it, eventually, or not at all when the rest of the government tells him to sit down and shut the @#*$ up, which they very well can. You do realize he would be a President without a Party (the Tea Party, LOL, does not count), meaning he would have no power to do squat.
A) Your assumption that you think he might not do it has nothing to do with the fact that he needs to have a Fed Chairman that he can trust and who agrees with him on policy. Regardless of what you *think* he might do, you have zero idea, and the same can be said for every presidential candidate and every initiative they propose, so you bring nothing to the table that is unique to the Ron Paul/Fed situation, you are just pointing out that everything from "Hope and Change" to "9-9-9" and "End the Fed" are platforms that candidates use to run on that highlight their political philosophy and leanings.

B) The current POTUS has been and is being told to "sit down and shut the @#*$ up" and he DOES have a party to support him.

C)"The Tea Party, LOL, does not count" just shows your lack of understanding of current events and Ron Paul's more Libertarian leanings. He was one of the original reasons the Tea Party started in 2007, but they have taken a drastically different path than where they started. He still has some supporters there, but he is certainly not a "Tea Party" candidate.

Are we done playing "guilty until proven innocent" yet?

Old 11-04-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
A) Your assumption that you think he might not do it has nothing to do with the fact that he needs to have a Fed Chairman that he can trust and who agrees with him on policy. Regardless of what you *think* he might do, you have zero idea, and the same can be said for every presidential candidate and every initiative they propose, so you bring nothing to the table that is unique to the Ron Paul/Fed situation, you are just pointing out that everything from "Hope and Change" to "9-9-9" and "End the Fed" are platforms that candidates use to run on that highlight their political philosophy and leanings.

B) The current POTUS has been and is being told to "sit down and shut the @#*$ up" and he DOES have a party to support him.

C)"The Tea Party, LOL, does not count" just shows your lack of understanding of current events and Ron Paul's more Libertarian leanings. He was one of the original reasons the Tea Party started in 2007, but they have taken a drastically different path than where they started. He still has some supporters there, but he is certainly not a "Tea Party" candidate.

Are we done playing "guilty until proven innocent" yet?
Nice softshoe there, I supose my guess as to what he will do is as good as your guess. Well, Paul has a long way to go, todays poll has him at 8%, right ahead of last place "None of the Above". Better get cracking or is that crackpotting, I get the two confused. Enjoy

Old 11-04-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Nice softshoe there, I supose my guess as to what he will do is as good as your guess. Well, Paul has a long way to go, todays poll has him at 8%, right ahead of last place "None of the Above". Better get cracking or is that crackpotting, I get the two confused. Enjoy
Right, its all a guess...your guess and my guess on EVERY candidate, so its a level playing field...which is the opposite of your original claim.

Definitely no "soft shoe" on my part...Im dealing in reality, as you deal in name calling and ignoring the information that is out there for you to understand.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:58 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Gotta love the Anti-Ron Paul rhetoric:

"He's a radical"

-"No he's not, in fact most of his ideas simply make sense and they strictly follow the constitution
of our Government, unlike the Big Government Pro-War Corporotacracy both Mainstream
Republican and Democratic politicians have been responsible for since the 1980's"

"Well his ideas won't work because that is my opinion"

-"Well most of us feel that we need a change from the status quo and it is worth a shot. If we
continue to let Corporations, Banks, Lobbyists and The Federal Reserve run our country we will be
doomed"

"Well, he is a radical"

...Sigh

Old 11-04-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Right, its all a guess...your guess and my guess on EVERY candidate, so its a level playing field...which is the opposite of your original claim.

Definitely no "soft shoe" on my part...Im dealing in reality, as you deal in name calling and ignoring the information that is out there for you to understand.
Name calling, show me.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:06 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
Two slight problems: 1. The Congress 2. The Supreme Court.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Eliminate the Fed, then why did he name some as who he would have run it. Any other plans he does not plan on implementing, like those you listed above. Paul will never be elected, but if by some miracle all the other candidates dropped dead and Obama quit and he was elected he would fid out real quick that his crackpot ideas cannot be acted upon, one wouldthink someone that has been in Washingtoon and Politics as long as he has would know that. Or does he and is just mouthing words to pander to his followers. So is he a Liar or a Crackpot, one or the other folks.
Quote:
Quote:
Name calling, show me.
It's sad when people do something like lie or call names so often that they don't even realize they are doing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections