Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 02:24 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,849,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I find the left's indelible hatred for the Koch Brothers to be downright hilarious. Is there any particular reason you don't have the same vitriol for George Soros' influence on Democrats?

Of course there's a reason......there's not an ounce of shame or dignity amongst you.
The leftist *******s, especially those who frequent this forum are absolutely delusional when it comes to their hatred for the Koch brothers and Fox News. These fools don't even know what shame or dignity means much less how to have either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 02:27 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,922,559 times
Want a candidate not owned by billionares, corporations or special interests? Ron Paul 2012!

Old 10-28-2011, 02:48 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,202,558 times
I don't think Cains actually running--I'm not saying this to be sarcastic. He has no staff in key states, no organization, and he's running around to all the states with later primaries vs. the ones coming up first. It looks like it's all one big book tour and advertising for his speakers bureau gig. Now that the far right end of the party has figured out that Sarah was in it just for herself all along, do you think that he's being set up to become the next talking head for the tea party? I can't imagine the Koch's throwing money at him at the same time that Rove is ripping him apart as a candidate. If the Koch's were really pushing him as a candidate, they'd be pouring money in, and he'd have more structure in place to actually run. Maybe they're just pushing for him to take palin's place? That might explain why his campaign manager is who he is, vs. one focused on actually helping him win.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:06 PM

1,332 posts, read 994,461 times
Default And??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Not surprising after news has surfaced Herman Cain is another one of the Koch's minions, that his campaign adviser (also owned by the Koch's) has a long history of arrests for voter suppression, DUIs, arrest warrant for tax dodging and other lawsuits. Sounds like a stand up guy

Cigarette-smoking Cain aide dogged by voter suppression claims | The Raw Story

Obama has been bankrolled and supported by BILL AYERS since he got into politics. Obama attended the church of the reverend Jeremiah Wright who preached more than once that the United States provoked the 9-11 attacks. And calling on God to DAMN America.

We could go on and on. The left wing media will do anything to discredit any threat to their man Obama...yet they give their messiah a pass on Bill Ayers?? Bill Ayers who was a member of the Weathermen...an underground terrorist group in the late 60's whose aim was to form a far left revolutionary party designed to violently overthrow the government of the United States. Obama gets a PASS on this?? And they try to crucify Cain for that crap??

Well..I guess Ayers figured a better way to bring down the government....back his pal Obama and let him take it down from the inside.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:09 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,217,449 times
Does he have a long history of making horrible political ads. If this is his only adviser he will sink faster than the Titanic.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:12 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,807,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I don't think Cains actually running--I'm not saying this to be sarcastic. He has no staff in key states, no organization, and he's running around to all the states with later primaries vs. the ones coming up first. It looks like it's all one big book tour and advertising for his speakers bureau gig. Now that the far right end of the party has figured out that Sarah was in it just for herself all along, do you think that he's being set up to become the next talking head for the tea party? I can't imagine the Koch's throwing money at him at the same time that Rove is ripping him apart as a candidate. If the Koch's were really pushing him as a candidate, they'd be pouring money in, and he'd have more structure in place to actually run. Maybe they're just pushing for him to take palin's place? That might explain why his campaign manager is who he is, vs. one focused on actually helping him win.
I think he's actually running, but never expected to get up as high as he has at the moment. The Koch's and Rove appear to be the right wing's heavy hitter puppet masters in 2012, vowing to donate over half a billion dollars with the Koch's liking Cain, clearly as he'll be the biggest sell out to them, with Rove taking Romney.
All of the big interest goons are holding their pockets right now as their protege' Perry is tanking, Romney is an empty suit but not as much as they like, and Cain is one for them, but his credentials are, well,..nothing.
Coming soon i'm sure we'll see him tank and continue his real agenda of selling books and likely getting a job at fox news.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:14 PM

608 posts, read 592,741 times
Default Cain/Paul/Bang-For-The-Buck thoughts

Interesting compilation of five late night talk show takes on the Cain ad:

The internet parodies Cain’s smoking man ad, which turns out to not even be the weirdest one | Rick Perry 2012 Campaign for President

So was Cain crazy? Or "Crazy like a fox"?

Figure that something IN one of those shows probably gets at least double the viewership/attention of an ad shown during a commercial break. How much would ten full minutes of commercial time on those shows have cost a candidate? A million dollars??? (No idea here... just guessing.) Plus how much for who knows how much commercial time on other shows, both radio and TV for their discussions of the ad? Say, maybe adding it all together and throwing in 1.2 million YouTube views so far, maybe another million or so?

That's two million dollars worth of punch for an ad that (minus the generic Cain at the end) probably "cost" about two hundred dollars (or less) to produce and disseminate.

If Cain had been president and brought that same sort of "cost/benefit" analysis to bear on Bin Laden and Saddam, the American taxpayer would probably have paid a successful assassin about 1/10,000th of one percent of what we've spent in Iraq and Afghanistan over the last ten years. (Yes, I realize there's lots more to that whole argument -- I'm ignoring it to make a cute point, OK?)

I also thought it would be interesting to compare those YouTube views to Ron Paul. I may have missed some of his videos (there are a lot of them) but the most viewed that I noticed had about 400,000 views: less than half of Cain's ad.

But those 400,000 views accumulated since Nov. 2007: four years. Cain's ad has accumulated over 1,000,000 of its views in just the last four days.

That's why I think it might be a "crazy like a fox" scenario.

Old 10-29-2011, 04:56 AM

23,171 posts, read 26,184,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael J. McFadden View Post
But those 400,000 views accumulated since Nov. 2007: four years. Cain's ad has accumulated over 1,000,000 of its views in just the last four days.

That's why I think it might be a "crazy like a fox" scenario.
That's all well and good if you dont mind a million people thinking you look like an azz.

Old 10-29-2011, 07:50 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,005,080 times
I also thought it a strange ad.

However, in a way it makes sense: after all, Mr. Cain, after departing Godfather's pizza, became a lobbyist for a restaurant association, and one of his issues was lobbying for the right of restaurant owner's to allow smoking, if they desire, in their place of business. So, in a round-about way, he was also lobbying for the tobacco industry.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/23/us...pagewanted=all

I imagine it was Mr. Cain's way of saying to the tobacco groups "I am your man. I will halt further regulations on smoking".

Old 10-29-2011, 04:24 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,326,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I imagine it was Mr. Cain's way of saying to the tobacco groups "I am your man. I will halt further regulations on smoking".
Nah, this ad doesn't have a thing to do with smoking. But it has everything to do with people being fed up with Washington always getting bigger, always pushing their weight around, and now inserting themselves into people's lives and personal decisions. And just wait until they control all your healthcare decisions...

You Democrats scare the krap out of me, I don't get why you are all so comfortable to let a bunch of nameless, faceless, unelected bureaucrats tell you how to run your lives. This ad tells me I not the only one who feels this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections