Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2011, 03:35 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times

Advertisements

Omg I was shocked to find out that Romney care has payment for illegal heath care in it...what is the difference with allowing for illegals to qualify to get some financial aid for College?

To me financial aid for college is much better since at least they get an education and they only get it after all legals have applied and some money is left or they loose out.

With Romney care all illegals get it since it is written in the law...

Mitt Romney has a lot of explaining to do.

Lawn Care people with illegals can be checked out if they are legal or not.. and he didn't have to wait untill he run for office and can't associated with them.... that is like Obama did and we don't need another Obama!
(he should and could have known...I can see who works in my yard or community and ask the company to verify if they all have papers...very easy to do since most illegals don't speak English and usually don't look the same as most Americans...don't blame me for being a racist, I'm a foreigner who came here in a legal way and people ask me all the time where I'm from due to my accent, not the way I look and never would have been offended to proof that I came here in a legal way and had to do it often)

Goint after Perry for things that he himself did on a bigger scale and what about Perry being elected time after time while Romney was not re-elected.

Romney didn't create many jobs as a Governor but did so as a businessman which of course is great and he has a great track record doing so, but right now I'm very dissapointed with Romney and they way he reacted towards Perry, specially with all the new info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 03:40 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
There are no good choices in the race. Only Ron Paul, and the media doesn't believe he exists.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:23 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Omg I was shocked to find out that Romney care has payment for illegal heath care in it...what is the difference with allowing for illegals to qualify to get some financial aid for College?

I guess the question is "Why didn't the Perry campaign use it?"

Old 10-25-2011, 09:43 AM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Bentlebee, they're all hypocrites. Haven't you figured that out yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
There are no good choices in the race. Only Ron Paul, and the media doesn't believe he exists.
I'm inclined to say the same thing, except to substitute Jon Huntsman for Ron Paul.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:32 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,968 times
This is totally a nonissue mainly because illegals get healthcare in virtually every state in the union. They can go into any emergency room without health insurance and they are seen. It happens in each and every one of your states. It is also one of the most expensive ways for sick people to get medical care when they could be treated at a Drs. office or a clinic. It was not different in Massachusetts and it was identified as one of the things driving up costs in the state. A fund called Health Safety Net was created in the new healthcare plan which allowed people to go to clinics instead of fllooding emergency rooms.
Medical personel must treat people that show up at emergency rooms...they are sick or injured and cannot be tuned away. It is not the same as receiving a college education at a hugely reduced rate....you won't die without college.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:37 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
This is totally a nonissue mainly because illegals get healthcare in virtually every state in the union. They can go into any emergency room without health insurance and they are seen. It happens in each and every one of your states. It is also one of the most expensive ways for sick people to get medical care when they could be treated at a Drs. office or a clinic. It was not different in Massachusetts and it was identified as one of the things driving up costs in the state. A fund called Health Safety Net was created in the new healthcare plan which allowed people to go to clinics instead of fllooding emergency rooms.
Medical personel must treat people that show up at emergency rooms...they are sick or injured and cannot be tuned away. It is not the same as receiving a college education at a hugely reduced rate....you won't die without college.
If others have used the financial aid than the illegals won't have a change...so that to me is not a deal breaker and although I'm totally against illegals, that to me is not that bad either.

What if a child came here as a baby and the parents never informed the child of being illegal...I believe there are cases like that...is that child to be blamed.

To me they should prevent people from coming in this Country illegal and than find a solution for the ones that are here for such a long time, specially the kids, maybe help them without giving the parents a greencard or even an option to be sponsored...let them come back in through the front door in the back of the legal line, like we all had to do to come here.

By that time the kids should have saved to pay for the legal visa fees for their family members, after they have had a background screening like the rest of us had.

NO health care for illegals unless it is life threatening and than sent them back...JMO!

But to me Romney can't become the new President, after we already dealth with this President and his flip flopping...we want real change not half.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:42 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,173,458 times
Why is this even important when the economy is tanking and more than 10% of the people is without works.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:07 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
If others have used the financial aid than the illegals won't have a change...so that to me is not a deal breaker and although I'm totally against illegals, that to me is not that bad either.

What if a child came here as a baby and the parents never informed the child of being illegal...I believe there are cases like that...is that child to be blamed.

To me they should prevent people from coming in this Country illegal and than find a solution for the ones that are here for such a long time, specially the kids, maybe help them without giving the parents a greencard or even an option to be sponsored...let them come back in through the front door in the back of the legal line, like we all had to do to come here.

By that time the kids should have saved to pay for the legal visa fees for their family members, after they have had a background screening like the rest of us had.

NO health care for illegals unless it is life threatening and than sent them back...JMO!

But to me Romney can't become the new President, after we already dealth with this President and his flip flopping...we want real change not half.

There is no flip flop to this. Illegals receive healthcare in every state in this country if they show up at an emergency room and are sick or injured. Have you had to go to an emergency in your area in the last 5 years or so? More than likely, if you have many immigrants in your area, you will have a hard time getting seen there. Emergency rooms have become the dr. office for people who are here illegaly.

I agree that the solution is to stop letting them come here illegaly...period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections