U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 02:24 AM

22,974 posts, read 17,936,384 times

Advertisements

If the Republican Machine pumping for Romney, continues to tell the public through its media elite friends that Tea Party candidates (also known as everyone who is not Romney except for Huntsman) are not electable, then sets out to do in the non-Romney candidates by denigrating their ideas/history/campaigns, should the Tea Party leave the GOP and form its own party before 2016?

I know the argument will be that it will kill the Republican Party but my response would be, "so what?" How long do we keep settling for candidates that don't share our values/ideology just because they are supposedly more electable. I say they are more electable only because of the urban media elite is shilling for them and badmouthing everyone else to a general public that doesn't see what they are up to because they don't pay close enough attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 03:05 AM

8,771 posts, read 6,775,455 times
I would guess if Romney wins, then the Tea Party will have to try to talk Donald Trump into running as a third party candidate for president. He is at least lukewarm to such an idea. But there would probably be too much fear that doing that would make it easier for Obama to win.

Old 10-27-2011, 03:55 AM

17,983 posts, read 5,815,923 times
Isn't it a big tent? Why would the TP leave the tepee?

Old 10-27-2011, 06:18 AM

3,271 posts, read 964,386 times
One wishes they'd go all Jonestown, but they'll just become a primarily regional entity in the deep south and mountain west, as they have been for decades.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:45 AM

9,015 posts, read 3,365,547 times
If Mitt Romney wins the GOP nomination, it would validate Barack Obama's policies.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:15 AM

535 posts, read 94,445 times
Tea Party seems to have been nothing more than the Republican Parties way of making sure more extreme Republicans didn't get to far away and are now bringing them back into the fold.Can't believe these idiots are voting for Romney or at least giving him support. They are complete hacks if they talk one way then vote for that clown.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:38 AM

5,773 posts, read 2,763,020 times
Default If Romney Wins The Nomination Should The TP Leave The GOP?

By all means!

They could start a third party that caters to their anger and intolerance. It's been done before in America. They could go all historic and call themselves the Mugwumps or better yet, the Know-nothings.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:43 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,565,444 times
YES

don't go away mad, just go away.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:52 AM

5,179 posts, read 3,508,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I know the argument will be that it will kill the Republican Party but my response would be, "so what?"
I agree, that should be the response from the Tea Party. After all, for several years they've been telling us that they are not beholden to any political party and that conservative does not equal Republican.

So why should they have any care for the future of the GOP? Even though all the candidates they've fielded have been as Republicans, and the typical Tea Partier sure looks and sounds like a Republican!

They should enter candidates under a new political party or stay home rather than vote for Romney. If they say getting Obama out of office is more important than the fact that Romney is nowhere near their ideology, then they don't have the integrity they claim to have.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:07 AM

2,004 posts, read 919,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddBall84 View Post
Tea Party seems to have been nothing more than the Republican Parties way of making sure more extreme Republicans didn't get to far away and are now bringing them back into the fold.Can't believe these idiots are voting for Romney or at least giving him support. They are complete hacks if they talk one way then vote for that clown.

Anyone but Obama. That is all that matters.

As Sun Zsu said "The enemy of my enemy is my friend.".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections